Pixi Cheek Gel Blush

4.7

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Polysorbate 80, Cetyl acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, PEG 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Bismuth oxychloride, Mica, Iron oxides, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red #33, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1

I can't say I've ever been a fan of cheek gels, but I got this in Rosy on a whim and I can say that I'm actually quite pleased with it. The thin gel consistency freaked me out a little at first as I was wondering how exactly this stuff would work. I applied it with the finger tips, I guess it kind of leaves a nice "stain" in the cheeks that mimic a non-shimmery (despite the shimmeriness in the tube) fluster that's a little more cool-toned than my natural blushing shade, but still very nice. You must be sure to blend or it can look a bit streaky. The staying is pretty good once you let it really sit into your cheeks. I don't think I would repurchase though. Powder blushes are easier to apply for me. I don't I would repurchase this though but it's a good alternative to those who hate powder blushes.

I received this in a swap, in a shade called "Blushing." On the Sephora website, it was described as "primrose" (whatever that means). I find it to be a gorgeous mauve that looks completely natural on my cool/neutral PPP complexion. The texture is great--the gel just sinks right into my cheeks, giving me that elusive "glowing from within" look. At $20, it's a bit expensive for gel blush, but the quality is so great that I'm seriously thinking about buying a few more colors, and you do get a lot in the tube. My best find of the last six months!

I bought this in Rosy- it's a pretty pinky red. It was very natural looking, and made me feel very cute. I loved the way it blended, and I would definately buy it again.

I got this in fresh, a sheer peach color. This was not very pigmented at all, very very sheer, for a just barely barely there blush. Unfortunately, this dissapeared on me very fast. Most gel/cream blushes seem to do that, so I will have to stick with liquids.

This is a good gel, good pigment, a little bit sticky but blends very well and looks natural. Pixi is a cute brand, they have good shades and nice products, I'll be a return customer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This could possibly be my HG blush. The consistency is perfect, very easy to use/build up. I bought it in Flushed, and it's a lovely natural colour, which lasts all day. I really like the packaging, it's easy to control how much comes out of the tube. It's quite pricey, but lasts a long time - defintely worth it.

I have this in Natural, which shows up nicely on my PPP skin, lasts all day and gives a nice glowy look. At first i thought the price was a bit steep (around 15) for the amount of product you get but i think it will last a long time as you don't need a lot of product. I will probably buy again if and when i finish the tube.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was in a dept store looking for some foundation that had a bit of a lighter texture. An assistant came up to me and I explained what I wanted and she looked carefully and said 'yes, we wouldn't want to cover up that lovely colour you've got in your cheeks'. Yes, she didn't realise I was wearing Pixi gel blush in Natural! I love it, I find it very easy to apply and blend and it sits very nicely on my skin. I definitely rate it.

I bought this in Flushed, which is a very natural but bright sheer red. The color is a perfect natural "flushed" look on me, even though I am quite pale. The gel consistency is very easy to work with and blends well if you are quick about it.

I wear this every time I am going for a very natural, innocent look, since the texture on your face looks just like your skin--no shimmer or sparkle (like NARS Orgasm or the Multiples) but it perks up your complexion for an English rose effect.

I would *highly* recommend this blush if you are interested in finding the right gel cheek product. Also, I feel that this color would be universally flattering--don't be scared by how dark it is in the tube--it's quite sheer!

I got this in "blusing" which is a nice dusty natural pink color. Subtle shimmer, blended very well and gave me a nice healthy glow. The only problem I had was the glow was almost identical to my natural pink/red cheeks, and I was looking for something with a little more oomph. I would def try it again in another color.