Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I detest the smell of tea tree oil... it's too strong for me and very herb-y. This product smells very strong, for sure. But, I have cystic acne and I've been on Accutane for a bit and I was looking for something that gets rid of my pimples that's a little more on the natural side.

This definitely gets rid of pesky cystic acne.

I have never found a product that has done so. Although it does sting and have a messy applicator, I do not mind as it does work on my skin. Hooray!!

on 3/18/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product did nothing for the acne on my cheeks and chin. I used it as part of my nightly routine for a month and didn't see any sort of improvement at all. I would have increased the number of applications to 2-3 times/day as recommended on the package and continued to use the rest of the vial if not for the awful smell. I hate wasting things, but unfortunately, I did have to throw it away. As some others have said, it's a kind of herbally/licorice smell and I just couldn't stand it. I tried to let it dry on my skin and then add a moisturizer on top to cover up the smell but that just made it worse. I honestly woke up in the middle of the night on several occasions feeling nauseous because of the smell. Also I'm really not sure that a roller ball is such a good idea for an acne treatment product. In short, this was not the product for me.

on 3/15/2010 2:17:00 PM

I don't hate this stuff, but I won't buy it again. First of all it smells horrible. My husband had fit every time he caught a whiff of it. Second, the dead skin flakes that collect at the bottom pretty much gross me out. Third, after repeatedly treating a stubborn breakout on my chin, my skin got really dry and looked worse than the pimples themselves.

I do love the Burt's Bees targeted spot treatment for acne. It doesn't smell as bad and doesn't dry out my skin. I think it works better for me.

on 3/14/2010 4:50:00 AM

The product works well for me. I have very sensitive skin and I have minor skin troubles almost everyday. The product helps to heal blemishes fast and prevents blemishes. I definitely buy it again!

on 3/11/2010 10:16:00 PM

I personally LOVE the scent, but I can't speak for everyone. With this product, I applied twice per day and I can tell you, it works! I used the entire bottle until it was gone and my acne/blemishes were 98% gone. I like the roll-on idea, but the drawback with that as I found out, it collects dead skin in there, and then will settle in the bottom. So I would carefully have to roll on at an angle to avoid stirring up the bottle. And yes, I did wash my face thoroughly before applying this product on. I have to mention I do live in high altitudes which equals dry skin. All in all, if the product works, I'm all for it.

on 3/1/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Awful awful awful...first of all, the fact that I'm rolling product over acne riddled with bacteria can't be very hygienic. Second, I used this for two days and the alcohol content dried my skin while the oil in it gave me a dozen little white heads all over my chin and I had only started out with one pimple. Now I look like a teenager going through puberty. Oh, and the smell was so strong that my cat came over to my face to smell it, then squinted her eyes shut and high tailed it away from me...she wouldn't come near me the rest of the night because I smelled so bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow i didnt like this little thing at all. i had a small pimple on my chin so it tried this on it and the next morning i wake up with a huge monstrous zit. it tripled 5 times in size. so it healed on its own. i break out again on my chin so i try this thing on my chin again. was wrong again. went from a small pimple to a huge zit. overall it didnt work for me i guesse it contains too much diferent kinds of oil in it. i let my cousin have it.

on 2/17/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros.
Works good
dries up pimples

Cons:
roller ball
smell
Might sting a little at times ( personal experience- might be different for others)

on 1/23/2010 11:22:00 PM

This roller ball product is pretty cool. It really is great at cutting down a blemish's lifespan! It doesn't decrease redness, unfortunately, but it is fantastic at eliminating swelling and shrinking the general area. If you apply it early enough, it does help you skip the whitehead period. It stings a little bit if there is open skin, but it does go away quickly. The initial scent is atrocious, but it works so well that I can easily ignore it!

on 1/12/2010 1:18:00 PM

soooo my skin is moderately clear but lately i have been getting a few spots here and there i think maybe because of the weather. This product definately dries your pimples and reduces the size over night. If you have dry sensitive skin i do not recommend this product because the tea tree oil is very very drying to the face as it is. It didnt do some much for the redness but oh well honey masks are good for it:) also this product is realsly good for zapping those pimples that you can feel comming. all in all this is a great product

Popular Treatments (Face)