The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/7/2003 2:14:00 PM

Way too expensive for a little tub of lip moisturizer but I had a gift certificate so I gave it a try. Nice scent, very moisturizing, but I'm not too fond of the pot. I also really hate the waxy aftertaste, that alone is why it only gets 3 lippies. I'll use this up but I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/29/2003 10:25:00 AM

I love the scent of this, mmm, coconutty goodness! The pot is cute but a bit of a pain. Mine was filled really low when I opened it so it gets a bit gloppy when I scoop some out to apply. The balm itself of a pretty nice consistancy and seems to moisturize well. Not bad.

on 9/15/2003 10:02:00 PM

I like this but it's not as good IMO as the Shea one. The texture is thinner.. greasier, if you will.. but it does have its redeeming qualities. It lasts well, moisturizes great and smells kinda good. The Shea is the better of the bunch, though. Really.

on 8/23/2003 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Honestly, the best thing about this product is the packaging and smell. I am a Body Shop junkie, even though I think the products are over-priced and some are just not worth the money honestly. On top of that, the company is under 'new management' so I doubt the Body Shop really adhere to that really cool hippie, progressive 'help the world help itself' vibe that its founder intendend. ~STILL~ I LOVE the body butters so in an impulse I grabbed the Coconut Lip Butter and added it to a bunch of sale items. The lip butter ended up being the same as the 250ml of body lotion I was getting...Now that's pretty ridiculous. For the money this stuff is not worth it. Don't let the name fool you, this lip butter is NOTHING like the body butters. The packaging is the same, but that's it. The stuff doesn't moisturize my lips, it sits on top of them in this whitish paste that takes a while to sink in/evaporate. Frankly, it does not feel nor LOOK very attractive. It smells coconut-y in a cheap, artificial way and tastes unnaturally sweet but not like coconuts. I regret buying it and should have gone to Fresh Fields and got my beloved Dr. Hauschka. I would never kiss someone with this on.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

At $7 this lip balm is just too expensive. If I wanted to spend that much, I'd buy something "high end." It comes in a cute pot that matches the body butter, and it smells good. I have a tub that I keep right here at my computer and use it throughout the day. Honestly, I'm looking for another type of balm to replace this- it just isn't all it's cracked up to be. I might try the other flavors though, maybe it's just the coconut.

on 8/15/2003 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love my Coconut Lip Butter! It smells so yummy and really smoothes and moisturizes my lips. The container is pretty cute and easy to get product out. I will definitely repurchase, but may try other "flavors!"

on 7/31/2003 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love pretty much anything coconut, and I adore this cute little tub of lip butter. It's a pain to carry around because it's in a pot, but I use it every night before bed. It's creamy and soft and moisturizes my lips well. If you apply too much, your lips will look white, but heck, I'm just going to bed, so who cares!? It smells heavenly. Would definitely repurchase, but it will take me a while to finish this. I would actually prefer it in a stick form (more convenient) but then I think it wouldn't be quite as soft/smooth.

on 7/30/2003 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

My friend loves this and always has a tub at hand- I don't though. I gave mine away. I love coconut smelling stuff but find this a bit icky. It is greasy but not mega moisturising like Smith's rosebud salve. Considering JLo and others are crazy for the body butters I was disappointed in this lip balm. It's just okay.

on 7/9/2003 12:35:00 AM

my all-time fave! yummy scent. i lick it off as soon as it's on. nice natural sheen, without the sticky gooey feel. LOVE IT TO BITS!!! cute pot too!

on 5/26/2003 6:50:00 AM

Great smell, greate taste, shines and takes good care of your lips
Pretty expensive
Nice package but for such a greasy product should come in a small tube

Top Rated The Body Shop Products