November 28, 2014 | 1911 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent of this, mmm, coconutty goodness! The pot is cute but a bit of a pain. Mine was filled really low when I opened it so it gets a bit gloppy when I scoop some out to apply. The balm itself of a pretty nice consistancy and seems to moisturize well. Not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2003 10:02:00 PM More reviews by julieswahn

I like this but it's not as good IMO as the Shea one. The texture is thinner.. greasier, if you will.. but it does have its redeeming qualities. It lasts well, moisturizes great and smells kinda good. The Shea is the better of the bunch, though. Really.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2003 6:14:00 AM More reviews by MrBunBUn

Honestly, the best thing about this product is the packaging and smell. I am a Body Shop junkie, even though I think the products are over-priced and some are just not worth the money honestly. On top of that, the company is under 'new management' so I doubt the Body Shop really adhere to that really cool hippie, progressive 'help the world help itself' vibe that its founder intendend. ~STILL~ I LOVE the body butters so in an impulse I grabbed the Coconut Lip Butter and added it to a bunch of sale items. The lip butter ended up being the same as the 250ml of body lotion I was getting...Now that's pretty ridiculous. For the money this stuff is not worth it. Don't let the name fool you, this lip butter is NOTHING like the body butters. The packaging is the same, but that's it. The stuff doesn't moisturize my lips, it sits on top of them in this whitish paste that takes a while to sink in/evaporate. Frankly, it does not feel nor LOOK very attractive. It smells coconut-y in a cheap, artificial way and tastes unnaturally sweet but not like coconuts. I regret buying it and should have gone to Fresh Fields and got my beloved Dr. Hauschka. I would never kiss someone with this on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2003 9:35:00 AM More reviews by goodwillstacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At $7 this lip balm is just too expensive. If I wanted to spend that much, I'd buy something "high end." It comes in a cute pot that matches the body butter, and it smells good. I have a tub that I keep right here at my computer and use it throughout the day. Honestly, I'm looking for another type of balm to replace this- it just isn't all it's cracked up to be. I might try the other flavors though, maybe it's just the coconut.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2003 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Alysabeth99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Coconut Lip Butter! It smells so yummy and really smoothes and moisturizes my lips. The container is pretty cute and easy to get product out. I will definitely repurchase, but may try other "flavors!"

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by JenniferG

I love pretty much anything coconut, and I adore this cute little tub of lip butter. It's a pain to carry around because it's in a pot, but I use it every night before bed. It's creamy and soft and moisturizes my lips well. If you apply too much, your lips will look white, but heck, I'm just going to bed, so who cares!? It smells heavenly. Would definitely repurchase, but it will take me a while to finish this. I would actually prefer it in a stick form (more convenient) but then I think it wouldn't be quite as soft/smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2003 8:42:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

My friend loves this and always has a tub at hand- I don't though. I gave mine away. I love coconut smelling stuff but find this a bit icky. It is greasy but not mega moisturising like Smith's rosebud salve. Considering JLo and others are crazy for the body butters I was disappointed in this lip balm. It's just okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 12:35:00 AM More reviews by tanmh_88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my all-time fave! yummy scent. i lick it off as soon as it's on. nice natural sheen, without the sticky gooey feel. LOVE IT TO BITS!!! cute pot too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2003 6:50:00 AM More reviews by pmakraki

Great smell, greate taste, shines and takes good care of your lips
Pretty expensive
Nice package but for such a greasy product should come in a small tube

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2003 11:58:00 AM More reviews by jimcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does to the lips what the body butter does for your body. It moisturizes and it smells wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about this product. It's wonderful. I bought it at the same time as I bought the Body Butter (in coconut too) and it works wonders for my dry lips!