November 23, 2014 | 1173 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Inimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Completely dried out my lips!!!First I couldn't believe that a lip butter was able to do that, but I had to believe it as there was no other new product I used at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2004 11:25:00 PM More reviews by hamwalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried this in Papaya and Shea. They both smell really nice, but don't moisturise well and take a long time to absorb. Also, they dried out my lips. The texture is creamy and heavy. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2004 1:29:00 AM More reviews by rhealuz

I love the lip butter, unfortunately they only have Papaya here in the Philippines. The scent is ok. I love the texture, it's soft and smooth and really softens my lips. I use this before I apply lip color so the application is smooth and the color looks smoother too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by wingedtwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Lip Butter. I have Mango, Papaya, and Coconut. They all give great shine and moisturize wonderfully. The only thing I would complain about is the fact that they sink in almost too quickly, requiring more reapplication than I care to do. Sometimes I use these at night if I can't find my Blistex. Overall, great-smelling and very nourishing. UPDATE: Today I opened my mango pot to find that it had...HARDENED AND DRIED OUT? Qua? Lippie off!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2004 11:07:00 PM More reviews by juujubez

Ok...this product is literally what they call it. Its like putting melted butter on your lips! I bought the Brazil Nut one, and the smell is amazing but all it does is make me wanna lick it off and put some more on! For some reason though, the warmer it is once you put it on your lips, it seems to just bleed and smear all over the place. Waaaay 2 greasy 4 my liking. The texture was kinda odd...like it had lil grains of sand in it or sumthin. Maybe I bought a pad pot, I dunno but im definitely saving my $8 on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2003 4:44:00 PM More reviews by cinnawoman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in NUT and I love it. It is smooth and feels really soft/silky on my lips. Moisturizes really well and I love the smell. I think the pot is cute too - a mini of the body butter. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2003 8:51:00 AM More reviews by audrey_hepburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did the basic job of moisurising my lips, although I don't see the point of the grainy texture. I like to rub the excess lip balm on my nails as well and my nails look really good after that.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2003 1:46:00 AM More reviews by glitterspitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

smells good, but the papaya lip butter may have actually made my lips more dry if that's even possible! it sucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2003 9:01:00 AM More reviews by scaly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this stuff very much, but it's not strong enough to moisturize my very dry lips on its own, so I alternate with good ol' Carmex. That said, I love the smell, the way it goes on, and the fact it maintains the moisture I get from the Carmex. I especially like putting it on at night. I've tried Shea and Coconut so far, both are yummy, but I think the Shea works a little better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2003 12:15:00 AM More reviews by riann

i got this in coconut since it's one of my favorite scents. the scent and taste was pretty good but i'd have to say it didnt moisturize my lips at all. i bought this during summer and my lips arent even that dry. i know i cant trust this during wintertime.

the "butter" just sits on my lips and i noticed small chunks, also it leaves a white film on my lips. not pretty. i would never buy this again for the $$ and for the non moisturizing effects.