The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a big fan of lip butter from Body Shop. I like lip butter even more than their famous body butter. I bought three flavors, papaya, grapeseed and mango. they smell nice in the tin, but once I apply a little on my lip, it smells strange. I wish that they are simply tasteless. Lip butter moisturizes my dry lip and provides a nice glow. My dry lip looks so healthy and it doesn't feel greasy. It functions like a light conditioner. 8g in a small tin can last a very long time. I will repurchase it once I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I got the Mango Lip Butter and I HATED it!! At first, it was decent. It just sat on my lips and didn't absorb quickly at all. Then, over time, the butter became hard and chunky... I believe I read somewhere this is from the shea butter, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it's a big annoyance, especially when the chunks get stuck under your fingernails. And it still doesn't moisturize! Such a disappointment. I do adore the Mango scent and taste, though.

on 7/13/2004 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Completely dried out my lips!!!First I couldn't believe that a lip butter was able to do that, but I had to believe it as there was no other new product I used at the same time.

on 7/3/2004 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried this in Papaya and Shea. They both smell really nice, but don't moisturise well and take a long time to absorb. Also, they dried out my lips. The texture is creamy and heavy. I would not repurchase.

on 5/3/2004 1:29:00 AM

I love the lip butter, unfortunately they only have Papaya here in the Philippines. The scent is ok. I love the texture, it's soft and smooth and really softens my lips. I use this before I apply lip color so the application is smooth and the color looks smoother too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love Lip Butter. I have Mango, Papaya, and Coconut. They all give great shine and moisturize wonderfully. The only thing I would complain about is the fact that they sink in almost too quickly, requiring more reapplication than I care to do. Sometimes I use these at night if I can't find my Blistex. Overall, great-smelling and very nourishing. UPDATE: Today I opened my mango pot to find that it had...HARDENED AND DRIED OUT? Qua? Lippie off!

on 1/28/2004 11:07:00 PM

Ok...this product is literally what they call it. Its like putting melted butter on your lips! I bought the Brazil Nut one, and the smell is amazing but all it does is make me wanna lick it off and put some more on! For some reason though, the warmer it is once you put it on your lips, it seems to just bleed and smear all over the place. Waaaay 2 greasy 4 my liking. The texture was kinda odd...like it had lil grains of sand in it or sumthin. Maybe I bought a pad pot, I dunno but im definitely saving my $8 on this one.

on 12/31/2003 4:44:00 PM

I have this in NUT and I love it. It is smooth and feels really soft/silky on my lips. Moisturizes really well and I love the smell. I think the pot is cute too - a mini of the body butter. Will buy again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This did the basic job of moisurising my lips, although I don't see the point of the grainy texture. I like to rub the excess lip balm on my nails as well and my nails look really good after that.

smells good, but the papaya lip butter may have actually made my lips more dry if that's even possible! it sucks.

Popular Lip Treatments