Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

I love this foundation. The texture is so smooth and very silky. This foundation gives medium with luminous finished as it claim. I bought mine in shade 5.75 great match. This line come in lots of colors selection which is super for all skin tones. The only con is $62 before taxed but worth every pennies. Yes as long as this foundation still in the market I will buy this again. It hard to find a great product especially great foundation. Worth the hype great job Giorgio Armani. Thumb up. This will be my love in winter months. The summer and fall will Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation! Feels so lightweight on the skin and doesn't feel like i'm wearing anything (as cliche as that sounds it's so true) when i touch my skin it just feels like my skin and not powdery. It isnt shiny at all, it looks like you have amazing skin. I would recommend this product to all skin types, even oily! If you use a matte primer it would be fine throughout the day. This is not 'DEWY' foundation, it makes you look slightly dewy but has a satin feel to it.
I have the shade #6, apparently the whole numbers are more neutral tones, and the .5's are warmer shades. It is slightly darker than my skin tone which i prefer because i usually wear tan under my foundation, but with the shade #6 i don't have to do that. I blend it down onto my neck and it has the same type of look. It basically looks like my skin but fresher, and slightly more tan :)

I'll start off by saying I accidentally purchased the wrong shade but decided to keep it anyways since I bought it out of town at Nordstrom. I'm normally around NC35, light/medium with quite heavy yellow undertones in my skin. I bought this is 5.25 by accident which is the correct darkness but has heavy reddish undertones. I ended up correcting the colour with yellow food colouring (I know ahh! Not preferable and sounds sketchy but its working for me).

I have combo skin and I find that worn without primer it has a very slightly dewy finish. With primer, (obvs more so with a mattifying primer) it is almost matte. The consistency is on the thicker side, it's not heavy but it's not a runny liquid. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation. If you have redness it will even things out but you will probably still need a touch of concealer.

I get shiny very easily and without primer the staying power is average as long as you set it with a powder (a must if you have oily skin). I usually wear it with primer and powder to make sure it lasts.

Again I wouldn't say this foundation is heavy, more that it's on the thicker side compared to a runny formula. For normal skin and oily skin I would say it's quite moisturising but if you have flakey dry areas and if you use too much product/don't blend it out well it will be noticeable.

Overall I like this foundation and would buy it again in the right shade! For comparison I find it blends smoother than MAC pro longwear, it's thicker but more moisturising than say L'oreal true match, and it's heavier than a lightweight formula but lasts longer. I didn't give it a full rating though because even though it's good, I think it could and should be better considering it's like $70 CAD. Price is not justified when you've got other foundations out there for less that can compete with it.

Also I have mild acne and it's never aggravated that or broken me out. If you don't mind the price I would recommend it. For dry skin make sure you moisturise and exfoliate flakey areas and for oily skin primer is a must.

Hmm, got a sample at sephora and am thinking of splurging on this foundation. The finish is very natural - slightly luminous but not shiny. The colour seems quite nice - I tried 5.5 colour, I'm a light/medium skin tone Asian with black hair, brown eyes, and fairly neutral skin tone.

Just the price is quite hefty at $65. Not sure if it is worth the price, I don't usually spend so much on cosmetics. I did buy the l'oreal true match Lumi as an alternate in the meantime after seeing the 2 products test comparisons on you tube. The second choice only costed $22 at shoppers drug mart (reg price). I like the finish on this product as well.

I honestly have mixed feelings about this foundation some aspects of it I really loved such as the 'glow from within' it gave to my skin! However, I think I may be slightly too oily for this as it just doesn't last on me. I think if you have dry/very dry skin then it could work for you. Also wish this came in one or two shades lighter!

I love this foundation, its is a splurge item, but it is gorgeous on the skin. Medium coverage and great wear! Looks wonderful in photos. So easy to blend! A++

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I really love this foundation. I have a very very oily nose and very combo skin with flakey dry patches elsewhere. Every foundation goes oily on my nose at some stage. Powdered and primed - same result. LS doesn't. It sets completely and does not shine at all. Foundation has a very satin finish that looks beautiful on the skin. Thin formula with light to medium coverage and easily build able. The packaging is lovely. Colour match is perfect. I'm neutral toned and my match is neither yellow or pink. Very happy and would absolutely repurchase. Only con is the price, $92 in Aus, bloody rip off.

I really love this foundation for a couple of reasons: 1. It goes on very sheer and dewy as everyone else has mentioned, and 2. You can build it up.
I tried for a while to persuade myself to buy the Dior Forever Foundation instead because I thought the packaging looked better and of course, it was cheaper. However, after trying both, I really loved the Armani one. I put my makeup on after I wash my face in the morning, but my face is always super dry regardless of how much moisturizer I use, so this foundation sort of flakes on my skin. But other than that, the color options are great and it's very lightweight. I sometimes forget I'm even wearing it, but it feels very smooth on the face.

I really wanted to like this foundation after hearing some pretty good things about it, but overall it was just meh to me in every aspect. I found it a little too light coverage for my liking, the foundation seemed really sheer and I could basically wipe it off with my hand. It also made me look oily but not in that glowy dewy type.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation, like everyone raves. Wonderful finish, get staying power, beautiful on the skin, does not break me out. Not too glowy, looks like just naturally beautiful skin.

However, beware using this foundation for fair ski because it's color range is not great. It is hard to find the right color and undertones and seems to never look quite right with fair skin.