November 20, 2014 | 1651 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, post-pill hormonal acne which has calmed down slightly (been off the pill for 18 months now) but I still have small bumps under my skin and each month I still get some blind or cystic acne.

I am Mac NC15-20 and I was matched to 3.0 which was too dark for me under natural sunlight. The finish was dewy without powder setting. It covered up the redness of my sensitive skin but somehow it managed to emphasise my dark spots and made the small acne lumps under my skin more pronounced.

I had the foundation on for about 2 hours and I could feel my skin tightening (drying) and when I looked in the mirror up close, I could see my pores rather enlarged and when I washed it off, I could feel my small acne bumps harden. That's the best way I can describe it but it was enough for me to not go back and buy a bottle of this.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is so incredibly amazing that I call it "liquid skin." I was very sceptical before trying it because of my sensitive, dry skin (it contains alcohol), but after one week of use I knew this was the one. It absolutely melts into my skin, minimizing the appearance of pores and evening out my skin close to perfection. It feels like I'm wearing nothing, like I was born with flawless, porcelain skin. Shade #2 is a perfect match for my PPP skin. I like to mix it with Fluid Sheer #2 (champagne) for a more glowy finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Everyone and their moms loves this foundation. Not me: For some reason it made my skin look very blotchy and the staying power was bad. It really came off to easily and I need more of those lasting stay put foundations.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Silicon based so has a smooth texture with buildable coverage so you can use as much or as little as you neeed. Oil free but still hydrates. Good for dry, normal and combination skin but if you have dry, flaky patches, remember to moisturise, leave to soak in for 5 mins, then apply. Oily skins may need to add a little powder on top. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation most of the time. Very nice on my skin in the fall/winter/early spring months. A tad too oily in summer. I live in Denver so need moisture due to lack of humidity that does help your skin not have so many lines. And at 61 I have a few lines but not too bad. My issue is finding a color in a foundation. I wear shade #5 in the Luminous Silk. If there is anyone out there who also wears this shade and has found another color/foundation I'd love to know what it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I'm torn on this foundation. I absolutely love the airbrushed finish, which makes my skin look amazing. Sadly, I think this oxidizes on me! Within a few minutes of application my face looks much more orange than it was when I first put this foundation on. Initially I thought it was because I didn't have the correct shade, although I have to say that shade 5.75 is a bit too dark and isn't a perfect match to begin with. If you can find a colormatch and it doesn't oxidize on you, this is a great foundation. I also wasn't a fan of the scent, which was powdery but not overwhelming.

For reference, I wear MAC NC25-30 and NARS Punjab and am neutral/warm. If anyone has suggestions for a better shade in this foundation, please PM me! continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never felt the need to spend $60 on foundation when there are so may good ones by Revlon, Lancome, Clinique. However after a year or more of hearing about this on youtube and makeup blogs (not to mention celebrities and a few "real housewives") I decided to give it a whirl. The colors are weird and make no sense. For example 5.5 is darker than 6.0 and alot of the shades seem either too brown, too yellow etc. I read on some other websites that this foundation is *SO* amazing that many people are willing to buy TWO COLORS and mix them (ok who wants to have to mix?). The 5 is as close to my face as I can get, I wouldn't call it a *perfect* match but it's darn close. It applies very sheer, you're almost like "what's the hype?", then you set it with your powder, etc. When you are done, this does NOT look like makeup AT ALL. Someone called it "your skin, but better" and that's the truth. I am so pleased with this foundation, it says perfect on my oily skin ALL DAY (unheard of). I don't have to blot or reapply powder. After 10 hrs of wear on a hot, sunny Florida day I touched up with my MUFE HD powder and it looked like I just did my makeup FRESH. This does not settle into fine lines or wear off in the crevices near your nose, etc. Talk about a poreless, airbrushed face!! To be honest at $60 I was hoping to dislike it and return it for some MAC eyeshadows and stick to my $23 Clinique foundation. Nope, HG all the way. And yes, now I am one of those people wondering if I should get a 2nd bottle a pinch darker to mix when I need to LOL!! Try it but be prepared to fall in love and consider a $60 foundation a necessity because you won't go back to your old foundation.
Note: Today just for the heck of it, I decided to use some of my old foundation (that I used to love)....ughhh I looked so gross! You can't use anything else once you've tried this!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by therinz09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a strange foundation in my opinion. The first time I put it on it was cakey, and clung to my dry patches and pores. And when I say clung to my pores, I mean "little dots where my pores are"clinging. Not cute. I applied with a buffing brush.
The next time I tried it, I put on a sunscreen in addition to my regular moisturizer. FLAWLESS. Perfect skin. No clinging. I applied with fingers.
The third time I applied it with fingers again, but without the addition of sunscreen. Clinging to pores and dry spots again.

While I get why people adore this foundation, it's too high maintenance for me. I shouldn't have to glob a ton of moisturizer to make it work. Plus it's 60 bucks.

I am going to try it one last time, but I really don't think it's worth it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

Love this foundation. Looks natural, and holds up well (with powder) in the humid climate I live in. The color also did not oxidize on me, which is great. Will cling to flakes tho, so make sure your skin is properly hydrated/exfoliated.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation!! I LOVE THIS STUFF

Edit: 28/04/2014 - This is still my favourite foundation! I have not found anything else like it or better! I do have oily skin but suprisingly this lasts well on me, i do get shiny but this foundation does not break up on me! The finish this gives is amazing! So skin like!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No