September 3, 2014 | 1134 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Does lengthen a little, and doesn't do much after that. It looked like i never apply any mascara after applying this. It's really disappointing as it's not cheap and doesn't deliver the result as they'd claimed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by 1lostinparadise

I didn't like this at all. Made my lashes stick together and feel stiff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this mascara as a generous GWP. What a disappointment! I am so glad I did not pay the full price. It is just an ordinary mascara with a fancy marketing name. I have long, thick eyelashes and this mascara looks as if there is nothing on my lashes. YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils and Helena Rubinstein's Lash Queen Feline Blacks do way better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by charlotte2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really like this mascara! it gives good volume and defintly has the most bold look over anything else i have tried. would never buy any crap crugstore brands now it is so worth payong for quality. i find it really easy to apply and find when i use any other kind it just does not have the same effect. the best trick with this is to use lauder's lash primer!!! it looks so good. i am always asked if i have flase eyelashes when i wear the two together :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ilovebeer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I have tried a lot of mascaras and this is my favorite. The length and volume I get is amazing and it comes off very easy with water and soap. I've been using this for years and will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

This was a GWP. I swore off expensive mascaras because cheaper alternatives work just as well. MagnaScopic is pretty good at holding the curl, separating and lengthening all in one coat. Lashes are soft and it's easy to remove. The only difference between this and Sumptuous is the brush and I prefer the slightly longer/thinner brush on MagnaScopic because it's easier to apply and it catches my lashes better. In an eye by eye comparison my lashes look the same.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by tmilstein

I'm sorry, but Dior Show just set the bar too high. This gives decent length, but my lashes look almost wispy and I get those stubborn clumps at the ends. I got a sample of this and after just a couple of times, I had to work to get rid of my clumps. Then I got flakes! This just doesn't build and the volume isn't great.
I just took off a lippie because the flaking is worse than another mascara I reviewed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by star54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I wasn't expecting to see so many negative reviews on this mascara.. usually when I love something, others do too!

This is by far, without question, the absolute best mascara I've ever used. And I've tried mascaras from just about every high end makeup brand out there including Chanel, Dior and Lancome. I was a huge fan of Lancome's Definicils, until I got my hands on Estee Lauder.

Nothing has ever made my lashes longer and more separated than MagnaScopic. I'm surprised to see that so many ppl find that it clumps their lashes, because I find the exact opposite to be true.

I feel like with some mascaras, you really have to try hard to get the application to go as smoothly as possible. I'm used to having to comb and curl my lashes, and then barely breathe as I sit there and apply it. With this it seems almost effortless. Today for example: I'm wearing very minimal makeup, and just applied my mascara hardly paying attention to detail, and then kinda sat there and gawked at myself in the mirror. My lashes look amazing! Super long and separated. No other mascara could have achieved this not even my beloved Definicils.

Worth a shot if you're searching for a new mascara to try. You may end up wanting to write a positive review yourself so that others don't decide to overlook this amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by gagajm

every time i use this its because it was a GWP and im gladdd. the size is perfect for me, its cute and well it works pretty well for me. my lashes always tend to clump with any mascara, this is one that tends to do it less. so im a happy customer :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by onyxwings

I don't think this mascara is THAT bad. I've had worse. Maybelline Great Lash, anyone? I got it in the sample size from my friend, and I think it was Ok. It did the job and wasn't horrid. I don't know if I would buy it, though, since I think it might be a bit pricey for an average product.