December 20, 2014 | 1791 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

A fantastic hand cream. It's very thick though, and your hands feel very slippery and greasy for the first 5 minutes but it adsorbs into the skin well. You might as well take that five minutes to treat yourself and work it into other rough spots like elbows and knees. I have bought this for myself and my mother in law, and we are both content with how well it moisturizes dry, painfully chapped hands. For someone looking for a very light hand creme to keep in the bathroom for constant use, this probably isn't for you- it's very thick and is best for intensive use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by gypsylee333

Ok i love this stuff. This winter my skin has been freaking out, getting very dry and chapped- which is a new thing for me, ive never needed lip balm or hand cream or face cram until now. So that being said, I havent tried a whole lot of hand creams, but i did buy/try a few, and this is my favorite so far. It is very thick, it almost has the consistency of a candle. It smells very nice, like milk i think. But the reason I am giving it 5 lippies and the reason why I love it is- IT WORKS! Yay a product that does what it says it will.

My hands were flaking, dry, and chapped before i got this and now they look better than ever. It is a little slimy at first, but it sinks in after 15 mins or so and leaves almost a powdery finish (just a little). Plus the best thing is that it actually improves your skin. Most lotions only make your skin nice when you are wearing it, so you have to constantly put it on, but this makes your skin better so you need it less. I definitely reccomend. Also great on feet and elbows etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by naturalome

I love the smell of almonds, its sooo yummy. Plus its a great hand cream, I wash my hands a lot ( im a nursing student) so my dry skin luvs the moisture. This is very thick and hydrating but thats what I need.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Passionatenotobsessed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you like almond scents/flavors, you will LOVE this! It smells sweet like a bunch of crushed almonds with sugar-you can almost taste it! It is awesome. Also, it STAYS PUT! A little goes along way without feeling too greasy, but if you use too much-watch out, sticky greasy central. Great product and its 98% NATURAL! yaaaaa!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't research this product before buying it. Normally I do "extensive" research on MakeupAlley, however my hands were particularly dry and itchy (due to eczema) at work one day, and I had to make an emergency stop during lunch hour to buy some heavy duty hand cream. I knew that Burt's Bees was an all natural line, so that was one of the reasons why I decided to purchase this hand cream. What I didn't know, is that Burt's Bees products are heavily scented. This product smells a lot like marzipan, in which I am not a serious fan of. It is too strong, too sweet and the smell lingers on and on. It gives me a serious headache sometimes. However, the scent does seem to disappear A LITTLE after initial application, but you can still catch a whiff of it every now and then.

The cream's texture is on the thicker side, which is perfect for my extremely dry hands. It spreads quite nicely and works great to moisturize my hands. However, I do find it kind of greasy as it leaves that slick feel/look on my hands until it is either absorbed or wiped off by touching things. My hands are adequately moisturized after I use this stuff. However, I don't think I'll repurchase this as the smell really bothers me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I bought this because I LOVED the smell, it's pure marzipan; almondy, sugary, sweet and very very intense. The texture is a buttery paste, like thick frosting and so if you have long nails then the product can get stuck under your nails when you try and scoop it out the glass jar. It rubs in a bit like butter frosting too, very moisturising and great for dry, cracked hands but it does take a while to really sink in.
As with other BB's products the beeswax smell really starts to come through when it begins to go stale and I find that hideous, so despite daily use I never actually finished the jar.
I won't repurchase because for the price I want to be able to finish a product without it going 'off' - I just can't handle the waxy smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this hand creme because I absolutely love the scent, it smells very strongly of almonds. It's very heavy however and while it does make my hands feel soft overall it takes a long time to sink in and they feel greasy. It's not practical for daytime use so I'll probably stick to using this as an overnight cream. Not sure if I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a pretty strong hand creme, and it can be a bit on the greasy side ... But it's not nearly as greasy as the Burt's Bees Banana Hand Creme. In any case, the hand creme works really well on rough hands. It works pretty well for the health of your nails, too!

My favorite thing about this hand creme is the scent. It smells exactly like almond cookies to me. It's a very comforting scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loooove this stuff. It is a tad greasy, but I just use it when I'm not really doing much with my hands. But you can see that the creme actually absorbs into your skin, it doesn't just sit on top, or dissapear, like some lotions. I like rubbing it right into my cuticles, it really helps them.
And the smell! OMG. Talk about comforting. I always want to eat it, it smells so good. I can't really define the smell either...it's sugary vanilla almond cinnamon. LOL. Some kind of baked good, for sure.
The price is a bit high, but I think it's worth it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by berkeleybear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the hand cream as part of a burt's bee gift pack. The jar was tiny. It lasts you a long time. I am a recovering germ-aphobe, which means a lot of hand washing. On top of that, I didn't put lotion on so my hands were so dry. They looked like the hands of an elderly woman, and I am really young!! Anyway, this stuff is great. It smells wonderful, it has a great creamy texture, but it doesn't feel greasy. It nourished my hands,making them soft and radiant. The only drawback is the price. I wouldn't get this again, unless I saw it on sale. It is a fantastic product, but I don't have the money to shell out 10 bucks for a hand cream. If you do catch it on sale, get it. One of my favorite beauty products.