August 23, 2014 | 1882 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only concealer i have ever successfully used up, and the only one i have ever considered repurchasing (and i most likely will repurchase unless i find something that totally knocks my socks off). I use concealer exclusively under my eyes, and so i cannot comment on blemish coverage.
Pros: Long wearing (the longest wearing concealer i have tried, and I have tried a ton. Literally. Keep in mind that i set all concealers with a light dusting of powder. i think i get 8ish hours out of this concealer before it begins to fade.)
Decent pigmentation (i have quite fair skin, and so my dark circles, which would probably be average on a darker skintone, are quite blatant on mine...this concealer covers them to the point where i dont feel overly self conscious of them...not perfectly, but well enough).
Applicator (basic doefoot, makes applying with fingers/on the go easy).
Doesn't crease (the first concealer i have found that doesnt crease under the eyes! at least, not until the very end of the day...but this is 8 or so hours of wear we're talking about.)
Cons: Drying/cakey (this is a longwearing concealer, and so i don't expect it to be hydrating; however, keep this in mind if you are planning on using it for under eyes. by the 3rd hour or so, it begins to look very dry. not the worst i've seen but definately not the best.)
Somewhat expensive ($23-26 i believe, which is definately not the most i have paid for concealer but certainly not the least).
Color Selection (light is too light for my ever so slightly tanned summer skin, while light/medium is too dark. but since this summer i got an atypical amount of sun, this isnt a huge concern).
All in all, the closest concealer i have found to a HG concealer. if this concealer were more hydrating, without sacrificing longevity/pigmentation/non creasing, i would be in cosmetic heaven!
EDIT: so i went to repurchase recently, and the formula has been changed. The color Light is a shade or so darker than the old light, and is now far too dark for me in the winter; however, they have an extra light shade now which works for my winter color. the new concealer, unfortunately, creases much more than the old formulation, and because it is naturally quite a dry formula it is impossible to blend the creasing out. Sadly, this concealer has become another failed attempt at finding my perfect concealer (but it is still the best thing i've found yet). my hunt will continue (probably until i'm 6 feet under haha).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by azgirl929

Did research and read allot of reviews on this product, and it does live up to it's name. I have very dark circles (purple hue) and this product not only covers them very well w/out drying or enhancing lines, it does last pretty much all day. I did need to do a touch up after about 9 hours, but I think that is really good, and I only added on very, very little to cover the entire under eye area. Great price point, fantastic product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh! I admittedly have high standards for concealer (they have to cover well, look all natural, blend in easily, wear long, and not crease - aka be PERFECT), and this concealer did not fit the bill especially considering the price. This covered my dark circles relatively well but even though it was liquidy did not blend out evenly and I had to pat it in repeatedly. A couple hours of wear in, it creased (please note I always powder after application).

My fave almost HG concealer still remains the myface cosmetics concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyrose57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favourite concealer for quite a few years (as well as Benefit's Boi-ing), it is a perfect brightening concealer and covers dark circles impressively too. The formulation is quite light and doesn't sink into fine lines.

The only negative I would give this product is that Estee Lauder have recently 'tweaked' the formulation. It is still good and still does all the things stated above, BUT the finish isn't QUITE as natural as it used to be. They have made it slightly shinier than it used to be, which is a bit offputting for me. I think the result they were going for is 'brightening', but it isn't completely flattering when your eyes are puffy- it only essentuates this more, which is unfortunate.

Why do cosmetic companies continue to change formulations of perfectly good products???

I still like this product though and use in conjunction with Benefit's Boi-Ing which is a bit more matte (I wouldn't need to to this if they kept the formulation.

This would be 5 LIPSTICKS if they left the formula well alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Egonise

This is by far the best concealer I've ever tried...and I've been using this since 1999!!!
I'm a makeup artist, and have tried pretty much all high end concealers (Laura Mercier, by Terry, Ellis Fass, YSL, Chanel, Dor, Kevin Aucoin, MAC, MUF, Cle de Peau, and etc) ,a lot of less expensive ( Maybelline, Revlon, CoverGirl, Almay, Sonia Kashuk, NYX, Joe Blasco, Cinema Secrets, Ben Nye) and also some that I bought while I was on location in Asian and Europe ( Skinfood, RMK, Cyber Color, Collection 2000, Ipsa). As you can tell, I'm a concealer junkie, and I'm very picky with texture, lasting power, application, color selection, and how well it wears around the eye area. I find DW to be the only one that I keep coming back to over and over again throughout the years. It's the only concealer that is creamy enough to spread nicely around the under eyes, yet gives you enough coverage ( but not so much that makes the area look flat and opaque. And unless you're extremely dry you shouldn't have any caking problems) If I'm trying to cover blemishes, I make sure that I apply a bit of loose powder afterwards, thats the only way it'll stay all day. They also have a good selection of neutral colors ( I use "Light/Med. on myself- NC25-30, and on clients who are a shade lighter or a shade darker than me. "Light" is a bit more pink, but still neutral enough to work with) Haven't noticed any breakouts from it ( but I mostly use it for under eyes and only spot treat blemishes or red marks) Even though iEL advertises that it contains SPF, I wouldn't count on it as my only sun protection. Also, if you are looking for an opaque, thick (Hard Candy Glamoflauge, Mac full coverage, or any theatrical pancake makeup) and full coverage concealer, this won't cut it. It's more of a medium to kind-of-full (if you layer) coverage concealer. One tube will last me at least 6 months with daily use. ( If you remember, before they repackaged these, they use to come in little square white bottles. For some reason, those lasted me even longer, one of those would last me at least a year. I think they've reformulated it because it feels like the old formula had a bit more pigment to it... I LOVED those so much!!!) I've recommended this to a lot of my friends and clients, and all of them ended up loving it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a month and I'm really impressed. I compare this to Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer and this surpasses it. I have dry skin, very bad dark circles with alot of fine lines. I am pleasantly surprised by how light the texture is and yet it provides pretty high coverage, creases the least and stays put all day. But if you have dry skin around the eyes, this may be too drying. I mix more moisturizing formulas into this and amazing. Do not need to be set with powder, lasts all day.

Texture - light, non-cakey and blends well, creases minimally
Coverage - medium to high
Staying power - high
Packaging - would prefer if it comes in a squeeze tube as it is more hygenic

Of all the concealers i've used, this product tops them all.

Usage: I layer this on top of Missha Signature BB cream, stays put all day.
Update: I use this on top of Maybelline neutralizer and don't even need to set with powder. Both are amazing

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Ecameron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boy, am I disappointed!!! I don't mind paying money for a good product. I work midnights, so I rely on under eye concealer to hide my circles, this did not do that! The color might be a little too light, but it still flakes 2 mins after I put it on. I reapplied another THIN layer, and still flakes. I applied a third layer and it looked ok, but after 4 hours my eyes looked horrible! Maybe I did put a little too much on, but the lady told me I could if I felt I needed more coverage. I felt so embarrassed at work, even though I was the only one who could probably tell. It flaked so bad, and my circles still shown through. I have tried a number of concealers and still trying to find the one that works without flaking. My under eyes are not that dry. Back to square one. The only one that has worked was a MAC concealer, but I returned it do to an allergic reaction to either the concealer from MAC or the fast response eye cream. So, I am bummed :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Taliera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Better than the Chanel concealers - even the one that's been formulated for under-eye! I was given a hard-sell by a lady at the Clinique Counter, but stuck to my guns thinking "there's no point spending lots of money on an expensive product that doesn't work" - and left. Then to the Estee Lauder counter. Well, I've bought a few products from them and am generally very satisfied. Double Wear concealer DOES THE JOB and LOOKS AND FEELS like you're WEARING NO CONCEALER!! It does require a bit of work though... patting and smoothing so that it properly covers those dark circles... but after layering it 3 times I'd say AT LEAST 80% of the DARKNESS DISAPPEARD. Not perfect - but it still makes a dramatic difference. One last thing: I don't find it too dry (but that is probably because I am naturally oily under my eyes) however it makes milia stand out just a tiny bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is great for covering up my undereye circles, pigmentation, and some kinds of acne spots/discoloration. Because it is a liquid, I find it to be less than ideal for pinpoint concealing or for large blemishes (I prefer a thicker/waxier cream concealer for those issues). My skin is combination, and although I haven't had problems with it running on my fairly oily t-zone, it will crease and emphasize lines/pores if my skin is dry. If I use a moisturizer beforehand I never have a problem with it settling into lines or pores even after hours of wear.

Wears well with multiple products, Estee Lauder as well as other brands I use. Wears well over moisturizer, sunblock, and liquid foundation and well under liquid and powder foundation. Would not recommend attempting to apply multiple layers, as it gets thick, goopy, and changes color. Color doesn't oxidize on my skin. Long wearing (10+ hours). Applies well with fingers and brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Perfect under eye concealer and for blemishes! Stays put all day and night! You would probably have to use a color corrector under this if your under eye area is very very dark! But great concealer! Holy Grail for me!!!!!!