April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

I've been on a natural shampoo kick, and got some little sample bottles of this at the drugstore. I really enjoy the grapefruit smell, and it seemed to condition well. I was so excited I used it every day for a week. Then I looked in the mirror and noticed that my hair had become very frizzy at the ends. So I guess I'll have to alternate with something a little more moisturizing, like my usual Redken All Soft. But I still like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This conditioner's consistency is really thin. I used quite a bit of it and it didn't feel like I applied hardly anything to my hair. It would be nicer if it was thicker. It did smell nice though - a light grapefruit scent. Other than that, I probably wouldn't buy again. After styling, my hair didn't look that great. I'm not sure if it was due to this conditioner or the styling products I used, but this conditioner didn't seem to help any.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by princess_cooper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to focus more on natural, organic, paraben free etc. type products lately. A conditioner has been a tough one to find, but this stuff is fabulous on my coarse, thick, wavy and plentiful hair. Helps curb the frizz and flyaways but doesn't weight down or feel greasy after. I have bought at least 3 bottles of this now, along with the shampoo, and am now looking into more of their styling products as well.
The BEST place to buy this (an many other natural products) is vitaglo.com. Free shipping over $50. This product is $5.17 there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

I bought this from Target. I have just had my hair high-lighted and so it was dry like straw. my hair is naturally very thick and curly and below my shoulders in length.
This conditioner really smoothes out my hair and detangles nicely. I'm not a fan of the rectangular bottle and there's really not much product in there for my super thick long hair, but it does a great job of conditioning.
Haven't been able to find this particular Giovanni in Toronto yet though, so I might try another of their conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by shazzer628

I have used this conditioner for two nights, and I have to say I like it so far. I have been using this product in conjunction with the 50/50 shampoo, and this combination has left my long, thick, and slightly wavy Asian hair swingy with natural shine. I used to use camilla oil treatments in my hair, and I think the product smells like that stuff, for those of you who are kind of iffy about the smell. tip: I put this in my hair at the beginning of my shower, and I rinse it out at the very end.
*edit*
interesting...is it just me or have my split ends disappeared?
HG status.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Swine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this, but I had to use it a few times so my hair could adjust to a conditioner without cones. My hair is thick/coarse/curly/wavy/frizzy and I blow dry straight and flat iron a few times a week. I also color, so my hair is pretty dry and a bit damaged. I use this with the 50/50 shampoo. My hair was extremely frizzy after the first few times I used this, but now it really looks very good (much smoother and much less frizzy). But as someone below says, I wish it were a bit more moisturizing. Still, I like this in rotation with other conditioners (with cones) 'cause my hair likes cones, but I want to cut down on them and not have my hair so hooked on 'em. Edited to add: I'm just not finding this moisturizing enuf. My hair is still frizzy, dry and coarse after using this. I don't think Giovanni is for me or my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Alyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thick (every hair is thick, not a lot of hair folicles.), medium length, slightly wavy, normal hair. I'm always looking for hair products that will weigh it down so the shorter pieces won't look like a haystack on top of my head. This moisturizing conditioner for damaged hair works very well for that. It feels really nice when you have it on your hair in the shower. Like a soft cloud encasing your head. I leave it on for about 10 minutes and don't rinse a lot. Afterwards my hair feels light and soft and the frizz is very minimized. I never blow dry or style, so I recommend this for people with my hair type that want to do the least amount of work on their hair. There is no scent. it's organic, no animal by products and cruelty free. I'm using an Aveda shampoo right now, but will try the matching shampoo for this next. Target carries this now. Wow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does wonders for my color-treated, thick hair. I wash it, then I take about a nickel-sized amount of this and work it in--especially on the ends. Then I go ahead and shave or wash my face or just relax in the shower for a while--then, when I was this out, my hair is soft and shiny and super easy to work with.

I dye my hair pink, too, and this seals the color in like no other. It also makes a big difference in how much my hair bleeds color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

More slip than non-organic conditioners, which is why i was surprised when my hair dried out that it was puffy ball. It left my hair with a lot of volume, clean and soft. But if you have mixed ethnic hair you may not like the unfinished quality this will leave your hair in. Alterna Caviar leaves my hair more "finished" (smooth, straight, bodied and no puffiness) when it dries - this leaves it in a poofy soft ball. I will try it a couple more times - but for those with frizzy, puffy dry mixed ethnic hair (closer to caucasian hair but with extra texture) - it may not be a good option unless you feel like adding extra products to tame down the frizzies. Still think its a good conditioner and will use it till empty but likely meant for fine dry caucasian hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my everyday conditioner. I use this along with the 50/50 shampoo. My hair is color treated and dry and this stuff is just the right balance in conditioning and moisture that my hair needs without weighing it down. After washing with the 50/50 (Which is a fabulous shampoo!), I make sure my hair is saturated and then let it sit for 3-5 minutes while I wash my body or shave my legs. I rinse my hair in cool water and my hair is bouncy and shiny. I have fine hair and it's perfect!!!! No more bad hair days. I love the fact that the shampoos and conditioners are paraben free!!!!