Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

I use this conditioner with Giovanni Triple Tea Treat shampoo because I have oily and an occasionally flaky scalp, and baby fine hair which tends to get dry and has split ends. I was using Dove products until I ran out and bought this for about $8 at Duane Reade. Paired with the tea tree shampoo, so far I am loving it. I know that people have complained about how drying the tea tree shampoo is, and I believe them, but this conditioner for "damaged" hair really straightens that problem out. It's creamy (as others have said) and has a pleasant smell. I just blew out my hair and it looks gorgeous!!! It's creamy but not very heavy because I hate conditioners which weigh my hair down. So far, (it's been an hour) this hasn't. Most important is that it is organic and has NO SULFATES and NO PARABENS. BIG PLUS!!!

I use this conditioner with the 50/50 shampoo. It is a pretty good conditioner although I wish it was a little more moisturizing. It smells nice and doesn't weigh my hair down. Overall, a good product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very pleased with this. First of all, I love the grapefruit smell and the creaminess of the product. I thought it would have weighed down my hair, but it gave just the right amount of moisture for my hair and lifted some of my curls at the nape that are generally more looser. My hair gets a slight halo of frizz at the crown of my head, but nothing a little bit of serum can't take care of. update: 1/5/13 I started using this as a leave-in and love it. produces good clumping and shine and controls frizz fairly well. My hair was soft when I rinsed my hair in the shower. boosting this from a four rating to a five.

This stuff rocks. It rinses clean without leaving a waxy, oily-feeling film like a ton of chemical-laden conditioners do. It doesn't leave any buildup and it doesn't weigh down my wavy, dry hair. I'm almost totally frizz free with this stuff, and it leaves my thick, sort of wavy hair looking healthy and naturally pretty! My hair hasn't looked this good since I was a little kid. This summer I swore of my straightening iron, and I've been trying to get my hair healthy again. This stuff is wonderful. I ADORE the way it smells and I wish the scent would linger, but I guess you can't have it all. It's this nice, refreshing citrus-melon scent. Lovely! I will keep using this as long as they make it.

My hair LOVES this stuff!!!! I've been using the 50/50 shampoo and alternating between this and the 50/50 conditioner...OMFG!!! These products sparked my research on organics vs. products that have lots of sulfates (arghh!! what have I been doing to my hair/skin all these years?!) and the like. While I don't think I'll ever by ALL organic ALL the time (there are certainly benefits to some modern chemistry) my hair has really responded to these gentler products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Oh man, this did nothing for my hair. Darn.

Love this! Smells wonderfully fruity. It has a great consistency - not too thick, not too thin, and it gives my hair plenty of slip without silicones. I think it could live up to its name more, but the smooth & silkyness that I get from this conditioner still beats a lot of other conditioners I have tried (with or without 'cones).

It does not moisturize much, but it does smooth out my dry coarse thick frizzy hair. Nothing seems to have been working in this hot humid NYC weather this summer. Very happy with the find, may be my HG.

I've been on a natural shampoo kick, and got some little sample bottles of this at the drugstore. I really enjoy the grapefruit smell, and it seemed to condition well. I was so excited I used it every day for a week. Then I looked in the mirror and noticed that my hair had become very frizzy at the ends. So I guess I'll have to alternate with something a little more moisturizing, like my usual Redken All Soft. But I still like it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This conditioner's consistency is really thin. I used quite a bit of it and it didn't feel like I applied hardly anything to my hair. It would be nicer if it was thicker. It did smell nice though - a light grapefruit scent. Other than that, I probably wouldn't buy again. After styling, my hair didn't look that great. I'm not sure if it was due to this conditioner or the styling products I used, but this conditioner didn't seem to help any.