November 23, 2014 | 1259 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by CarrrmenJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair LOVES this stuff!!!! I've been using the 50/50 shampoo and alternating between this and the 50/50 conditioner...OMFG!!! These products sparked my research on organics vs. products that have lots of sulfates (arghh!! what have I been doing to my hair/skin all these years?!) and the like. While I don't think I'll ever by ALL organic ALL the time (there are certainly benefits to some modern chemistry) my hair has really responded to these gentler products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

Oh man, this did nothing for my hair. Darn.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! Smells wonderfully fruity. It has a great consistency - not too thick, not too thin, and it gives my hair plenty of slip without silicones. I think it could live up to its name more, but the smooth & silkyness that I get from this conditioner still beats a lot of other conditioners I have tried (with or without 'cones).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by aimela

It does not moisturize much, but it does smooth out my dry coarse thick frizzy hair. Nothing seems to have been working in this hot humid NYC weather this summer. Very happy with the find, may be my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

I've been on a natural shampoo kick, and got some little sample bottles of this at the drugstore. I really enjoy the grapefruit smell, and it seemed to condition well. I was so excited I used it every day for a week. Then I looked in the mirror and noticed that my hair had become very frizzy at the ends. So I guess I'll have to alternate with something a little more moisturizing, like my usual Redken All Soft. But I still like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This conditioner's consistency is really thin. I used quite a bit of it and it didn't feel like I applied hardly anything to my hair. It would be nicer if it was thicker. It did smell nice though - a light grapefruit scent. Other than that, I probably wouldn't buy again. After styling, my hair didn't look that great. I'm not sure if it was due to this conditioner or the styling products I used, but this conditioner didn't seem to help any.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by princess_cooper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to focus more on natural, organic, paraben free etc. type products lately. A conditioner has been a tough one to find, but this stuff is fabulous on my coarse, thick, wavy and plentiful hair. Helps curb the frizz and flyaways but doesn't weight down or feel greasy after. I have bought at least 3 bottles of this now, along with the shampoo, and am now looking into more of their styling products as well.
The BEST place to buy this (an many other natural products) is vitaglo.com. Free shipping over $50. This product is $5.17 there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

I bought this from Target. I have just had my hair high-lighted and so it was dry like straw. my hair is naturally very thick and curly and below my shoulders in length.
This conditioner really smoothes out my hair and detangles nicely. I'm not a fan of the rectangular bottle and there's really not much product in there for my super thick long hair, but it does a great job of conditioning.
Haven't been able to find this particular Giovanni in Toronto yet though, so I might try another of their conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by shazzer628

I have used this conditioner for two nights, and I have to say I like it so far. I have been using this product in conjunction with the 50/50 shampoo, and this combination has left my long, thick, and slightly wavy Asian hair swingy with natural shine. I used to use camilla oil treatments in my hair, and I think the product smells like that stuff, for those of you who are kind of iffy about the smell. tip: I put this in my hair at the beginning of my shower, and I rinse it out at the very end.
*edit*
interesting...is it just me or have my split ends disappeared?
HG status.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Swine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this, but I had to use it a few times so my hair could adjust to a conditioner without cones. My hair is thick/coarse/curly/wavy/frizzy and I blow dry straight and flat iron a few times a week. I also color, so my hair is pretty dry and a bit damaged. I use this with the 50/50 shampoo. My hair was extremely frizzy after the first few times I used this, but now it really looks very good (much smoother and much less frizzy). But as someone below says, I wish it were a bit more moisturizing. Still, I like this in rotation with other conditioners (with cones) 'cause my hair likes cones, but I want to cut down on them and not have my hair so hooked on 'em. Edited to add: I'm just not finding this moisturizing enuf. My hair is still frizzy, dry and coarse after using this. I don't think Giovanni is for me or my hair type.