April 18, 2014 | 1013 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Skin Firming Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Sadly, this was another Nivea lotion that was drying on my hands and body. I thought the denatured alcohol would be low enough in the ingredients to not be drying so I dismissed it; however, it wasn't moisturizing but instead rather drying. Maybe Nivea believes that dehydrated skin is firmer skin, but this is ridiculous. And the fragrance was just as bad as the stuff in the white tub, the "soft" moisturizing cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 6:18:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nivea Firming Lotion, how I love thee. I don't buy it for its "firming properties"- I am sure they are negligible at best- but because I love the texture, the smell, and the effect it has on my skin. My skin is smooth and hydrated after using this; the lotion just absorbs well and doesn't leave any tacky residue like some lotions do. It smells typically Nivea- a scent I happen to like. My waxer commented on how smooth and soft my skin was and was amazed when I told her all I used was this cheap and cheerful lotion. I've been using this since it came out and I imagine I'll continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by jubeejube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this and I LOVE IT!!!!! It really did firm my skin and made it sooooo smooth and soft. I find it works best to put it on right after I shower. It sinks in right away if you do that. The smell is strong when you first apply, but fades to a nice soft powdery scent that I don't mind. It is a bit pricey, but I get more out of it than the cheap stuff like Vaseline. This is a regular for me, & I'll keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm not sure if it helped firm any, but it applies easily and smells nice, very moisturizing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by cloverette

I... LOVE... THIS... PRODUCT!!! it's the one bodylotion i always end up returning to. i don't know if it makes a difference on my skin with regard to firming, but it's such a good moisturizer! i still feel all soft the day after using it! and the smell is so good: soft, clean, and fresh!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mo22duffy

I do like this for my lower body...usually use a different lotion for my chest and arms because this seems to dry my skin in those areas. But for the lower body, it's great. Makes my skin very smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good moisturizer. Unfortunately it has the dreaded "scented toilet paper" fragrance, which I cannot tolerate.
As far as firming goes, I will continue to dream, but nothing in a bottle truly firms (when it does I'm cancelling my gym membership).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by surviver

I agree about the scent of this. It smells like a new plastic doll when I first put it on but then that goes away and the smell becomes quite pleasant. This does leave my skin THE softest & smoothest ever. Like how it keeps the skin feeling great all day. Another thing....try shaving your legs then slather this on. Whoa momma!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2005 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cider8

I tried this for the firming qualities. I've had the same bottle for way too long (really need to throw it out already!). I can't get past the scent. I think I'm pretty scent tolerant, but this smells like cheap men's cologne to me. I even sniffed a bottle at the store today to see if it's the same. And it is. I wish it smelled like the Nivea lotion my friend gave me from London! I can't comment on the firming qualites, but I recall it was well balanced moisture (not tacky, not too light). Nice bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I love the scent of this lotion. Baby powder and not overwhelming. I bought this because I was thinking that the Q10 ingredient would helps my post-natal body firmed up and it actually does. Not much but I'm 100% sure the difference it made after 2 weeks of application. Well, I'm not seeking miracle here, not with the price I paid for the brand, but I'm so happy because the light but well moisturized lotion does it's job. I think I'd be a loyal user for this lotion, as for the scent...it's just what I love in my body lotion, I started to wonder why I ever purchased the expensive L'ocitane's product all along.