Nivea Skin Firming Lotion

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denatured, Stearic Acid, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Myristyl Alcohol, Creatine, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, 1 Methylhydantoin 2 Imide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben GERMAN VERSION:Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Ubiquinone, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Dicaprylyl Ether, Myristyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium Carbomer, Propylparaben, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Parfum.

I'm using this on and off for about 2 years now, it is definitely a good product. It does make my skin softer and nice to touch, without being heavy or greasy. Absorbs fast, therefore I'm loving it for the morning showers as well, when I dont have time to wait for a heavier formula to be asborbed. As for the firming aspect, I think it is helpful if used daily (I do, and actually my skin is a little better on firming issues), otherwise you wont see much else than a regular skin lotion. However, even with daily use, dont expect miracles, dont expect to help you with cellulite! It just gives your skin a bit more elasticity and softness but nothing more dramatic than that.

on 4/4/2006 6:36:00 PM

I really like the texture of this lotion - not overly thin but not too waxy or thick. It does a great job of moisturization and it really does improve your skin tone. I don't really know if it firms but it leaves my skin silky soft.

on 3/4/2006 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Sadly, this was another Nivea lotion that was drying on my hands and body. I thought the denatured alcohol would be low enough in the ingredients to not be drying so I dismissed it; however, it wasn't moisturizing but instead rather drying. Maybe Nivea believes that dehydrated skin is firmer skin, but this is ridiculous. And the fragrance was just as bad as the stuff in the white tub, the "soft" moisturizing cream.

on 2/15/2006 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nivea Firming Lotion, how I love thee. I don't buy it for its "firming properties"- I am sure they are negligible at best- but because I love the texture, the smell, and the effect it has on my skin. My skin is smooth and hydrated after using this; the lotion just absorbs well and doesn't leave any tacky residue like some lotions do. It smells typically Nivea- a scent I happen to like. My waxer commented on how smooth and soft my skin was and was amazed when I told her all I used was this cheap and cheerful lotion. I've been using this since it came out and I imagine I'll continue to use it.

on 12/8/2005 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle of this and I LOVE IT!!!!! It really did firm my skin and made it sooooo smooth and soft. I find it works best to put it on right after I shower. It sinks in right away if you do that. The smell is strong when you first apply, but fades to a nice soft powdery scent that I don't mind. It is a bit pricey, but I get more out of it than the cheap stuff like Vaseline. This is a regular for me, & I'll keep buying it.

on 11/6/2005 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i'm not sure if it helped firm any, but it applies easily and smells nice, very moisturizing

on 10/25/2005 10:17:00 AM

I... LOVE... THIS... PRODUCT!!! it's the one bodylotion i always end up returning to. i don't know if it makes a difference on my skin with regard to firming, but it's such a good moisturizer! i still feel all soft the day after using it! and the smell is so good: soft, clean, and fresh!

on 10/1/2005 4:58:00 PM

I do like this for my lower body...usually use a different lotion for my chest and arms because this seems to dry my skin in those areas. But for the lower body, it's great. Makes my skin very smooth.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good moisturizer. Unfortunately it has the dreaded "scented toilet paper" fragrance, which I cannot tolerate.
As far as firming goes, I will continue to dream, but nothing in a bottle truly firms (when it does I'm cancelling my gym membership).

on 6/15/2005 4:59:00 PM

I agree about the scent of this. It smells like a new plastic doll when I first put it on but then that goes away and the smell becomes quite pleasant. This does leave my skin THE softest & smoothest ever. Like how it keeps the skin feeling great all day. Another thing....try shaving your legs then slather this on. Whoa momma!