November 27, 2014 | 1378 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally learned how to use this powder and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!! First I apply foundation to face. Then, sprinkle a little Neutral Set into my hand. And dust onto face with a Japonesque blush brush under eyes, down nose, chin, around cheek line, and over eyes. Will sometimes dust on forehead if oily too. Removes shine. Helps control oil. Set foundation/concealer and other cream color w/o depositing any additional color. Does not cover highlighter, contouring, etc. Just leaves a natural, picture perfect finish. But if you apply too much or worried it looks white or ashy, just dust a little colored powder over it. Very affordable. $6 bucks for 3oz shaker bottle. Bottle will last for ever & ever. For reference, I'm an DDD-AAB(NW45 or Loreal HIP #818). continued >>

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cheezwhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy moly! I'll never run out of this stuff. I've spent so much on other products to get that 'set' look. Those other projects would also cover over my blush, etc. This stuff gives me a nice matte look without drying my combination skin. Then, later on in the day, it doesn't make my skin feel tight or uncomfortable. It's so finely milled! I just shake some off into my palm and lightly dab my face brush into it. Then, I smoosh the powder around the brush, blow a little and apply. It's a simple, inexpensive and easy to use product! I found the whole Ben Nye line at a local costume shop just recently.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Shola_51

This powder is great. It holds my stage makeup in place so all i need is a light dusting during intermission. As for everyday use, I have no need for touchups throughout the day when I use this. Overall a truly great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by zayala

Great loose powder! I have naturally dryer skin, rather than oily so I don't need to use as much but it's great to set makeup... and if I'm going out for the night, this powder layers great to get the coverage you need. The shaker bottle isn't the best but I just pour/shake some into the cap and apply from there! I prefer this over any powder that claims to be 'neutral' but is labeled 'light, medium' etc. This leaves no color so it goes with virtually any skin tone, and you won't wreck your clothes or anything else if it happens to spill =)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2004 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl5

I said I would buy this again only because it is so very cheap for how much powder you get (that is...if I ever run out! I doubt it!). I have very, VERY oily skin and read the reviews of this powder on MUA which prompted me to try it. I don't think it really does anything for my oily skin...I still need to blot all day and need to reapply at least once a day (only because I'm too lazy to reapply more often!). It does not really "set" anything and shine keeps on going....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2004 2:28:00 PM More reviews by annieway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really do like this powder. i have VERY oily skin that is hard to control. i'm going to get the BN Final Seal next. i still get a little oily but this is probably the best powder for it. the only thing i really dont like is the packaging-very big pain in the butt so i put it in another powder container. will update after trying with the Final Seal. UPDATE-with the Final Seal, this stuff is the BEST!!! buy both of these together!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2004 8:39:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought some of this last weekend and I like it pretty well so far. I have oily skin and never dreamed I would use stage make up, but when I saw the recs here I couldn't pass it up. I get a little oily after 6 hours or so, but it is working better than the last several powders I tried. A midday touch up and I am set. UPDATE: I still really like this powder. It goes on sheer and keeps the oilies at bay. I no longer have to "cover" my skin to get a good finish!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by nightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product especially for oily skin! It is very hard to find a good powder that let me get shiny 2 hours after I put it on. This works and goes on with out color. I am dark-skinned so it does look a bit ashy when I first put it on but after an hour it goes away and I'm still matte. I dab a little pressed powder in my skin color over the BN powder to avoid this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 6:17:00 AM More reviews by FL_peach

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous powder! I have gone through so many loose powders lately searching for something to keep me from getting so shiny. This stuff does the job. By lunchtime, I dust a little more over my face and stay shine-free all day! I bought mine in the shaker bottle, and was a little confused when it came as to how to use it. But, I just popped open one of my reject loose powder containers, emptied it out, and put the Ben Nye in. Works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2004 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Carolynbeck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have the shaker fair powder, it works well for putting all over your face when you are done w/ your makeup. It keeps your makeup in place all day. Great light powder.