April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lovepinkkx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omgomgomg. this stuff is pure amazing. i'm 17 but still have oily teenager skin. (technically i am still a teenager lol) but my foundation is constantly like melting off my face and my face is always percepted as a mirror. well, atleast to me it is. probably other people too! anyways, i've been using a really good primer, but it still hasnt been able to hold the shine back for the whole day. (i usually have an 8 to 10-hour day) i usually have to blot inbetween which i guess makes it ok, but it's such a hassle to have to leave class everyday to make a trip to the bathroom. i have tried numerous blot powders, but none of them seem to work and they always oxidize on my face, leaving an orangey glow (not the good kind of glow you want!) anyways, this powder is truly amazing, it hides my pores, makes my skin look flawless, holds back the shine for a whole day, is completely translucent, doesnt leave a white cast, makes my skin appear to be completely poreless and healthy. AH i just cant say enough! i will never go back to another powder again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i never thought of reviewing baby powder on here because i didn't realize it was on here and that so many other's use this too in their adult life! this is my little secret that i've used since i was a little girl. i use it to set my makeup during summer and it really works like any other face powder. just don't put too much or you'll look like a ghost! i haven't tried it as a primer or on my hair tho..but i'll have to try it those ways next time. i like to carry the little travel size one in my person at all times..not only for my kids..but for me on humid days. really helps.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by black_sprinkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love using this as a blotting face powder. I have used many a face powder, but they all turn cakey/separated/too dark/orange after I have to make multiple applications to my super oily skin throughout the day. But this stuff does none of that, and controls oil better than anything I have used. I am not sure if this would be stellar for someone of a less-than-fair complexion tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Johnson & Johnson baby powder every day after my shower. It makes me feel clean and baby powder fresh. I love it and will never use another powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by looser

Baby powder works miracles on my hair. I hate washing my hair every day, but my roots get oily if I don't, so I continued to wash and kill my ends. I read all the reviews about baby powder and I couldn't believe I hadn't tried it sooner. It soaks up the oil and makes my roots look freshly shampooed. Plus, I love the smell of baby powder and would rather have my hair smell like that than that dirty, oily smell of unwashed hair. As for using this on my face.. that's a no. I have really oily skin and large pores and I at first thought this was working wonders on my face too; until my skin started breaking out pretty badly. I guess it started blocking my pores and now the area by nose and mouth has lots of little zits.. lovely! But you can't have everything right? I'll stop using this to set my makeup, but will certainly use it on my hair.
EDIT: Well, I don't think I can use this for my hair anymore. I started getting large, almost cyst like bumps on my scalp. I'm guessing its from the baby powder since I've never even seen anything like that before I started using it. I guess my entire head, not just my face, doesn't like baby powder very much. Well, that kinda sucks. Some things just weren't meant to be.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Thumper1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use baby powder until I discovered BAKING SODA. It's cheaper and does not have a scent so I never have to worry about it mixing with perfume. For around 75cents a box, I put it on all over just like I would baby powder. I also sprinkle some in my hand and apply over my deodorant and even sprinkle a little in my underwear- works on both! ;o)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jacquiesaur

I have EXTREMELY oily hair and I have to shower every morning to make my hair looking fresh. But in the middle of the day, I just sprinkle lots of this into my hair and rub it in until the white is gone and all the oil is absorbed. :) wonderffull. will continue buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I heard on the Yahoo Answers that this is a great makeup primer. I could not believe it until I tried it today. My skin is very oily. Specially when it comes to products that supposed to keep me matte and greaseless, my skin acts the opposite and becomes totally greasy and awful. This solved the problem altogether. I have to warn those with dry skin to avoid this because you may feel dier, although not uncomfortable. I use my Olay moisturizer and this. I do not need any foundation. The elements in both equal a good foundation. This perfects my skin like a foundation and it is my own natural color. GREAT PRODUCT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN-

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by smokygrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this regularly to dry clean my long, dark, oily hair. Funny enough- I've reached for this after blowing $$ on professional hair powders and let me tell you, it's as effective as the expensive stuff. It gives a great texture to my hair, adds a little bit of volume, and it absorbs the oil very well. And the fragrance is fresh and lovely. The only thing is, if you're a dark brunette like me, applying too much powder will make your hair appear grey. Here's couple of tips how to avoid that.
First of all, sprinkle small amounts remembering that you can always add more.Apply onto the roots only, and only to those sections that are not that visible- avoid the very top of your head, partition, bangs and hairline. Massage and work it through just as if you were shampooing. Finally, sprinkle some powder onto a hairbrush, shake off the excess, than brush through your bangs, partition etc. If you can, apply the night before- this way you can afford to use a lilttle bit more of the product as the excess will wear off while you sleep and all you need to do is touching up in the morning. You can carry a small cointainer of the powder and a hairbrush in your handbag for emergency touch ups during the day.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by marinahasber

The powder is very good. I've met the skin specialist. The doctor advised me to use this powder on my sensitive skin (subsitute the foundation or any facial powder). Actually my skin is in good condition but lately it became sensitive because of wrong usage of products (SK-II, Christian Dior, Biotherm, Clinique and other luxury product). This johnson baby powder will relief the sensitive skin or acne prone skin.