December 20, 2014 | 881 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Cynthia7789

Ahh..baby powder..a lifesaver! So many uses, but here are my 2 main ones:
I am Italian and tend to get oily, I guess my skin is about average in that department but my HAIR (mainly the roots/bangs) is what gets extremely oily if I don't wash it for even one day. Which I hate to do, btw, because I damage it enough with a blow-dryer and straightener already. So to get 2 days out of 1 wash, it's baby powder in my roots all the way. It's as effective as hair powders and dry shampoos for a fraction of the price. Since I have dark hair, it does look gray right after I put it in (shake some in my hand, turn head upside down, finger thru roots) but simple fix: just blow-dry on cool or warm for a few seconds, brush, and voila. Grease be gone.
Also, I use a small amount on a fluffy brush to set makeup. I do this during the day if I'm just running errands or something or if I'm out of powder eraser because I'm not a huge fan of the smell of J&J on my face. But once again, works just like a much more expensive option.
Try some in your gym shoes to banish stinky foot smell :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by 3niR

I am using this for 10 years or more than that. It keeps my skin soft and it smells really good. But recently I am breaking out and I do not know why is this happening. When I stop using this, my skin was okay again. My acne is not that severe but maybe I should stop using this on my face as it is not suiting me anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know very little about the dangers of talc, but since it is the main ingredient in baby powder, it worries me.

I recommend reading about it, and then judge for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Baby powder is amaaaazing. :D I use it for my body, hair, and face. After a shower I coat my skin with it. I love the fresh scent! It also works wonders as a dry shampoo. Why buy those pricey ones by Ojon and the sort when it's pretty much the same thing? I dust it onto my hair line and on my bangs, blow dry the white powder out, and voila! My hair looks like I just washed it. Also, everyday I use this as a finishing powder. It holds oilies very well! I lightly dust the cornstarch version on my T-zone and I'm good for the whole day. Stick some in a sifter and it's perfect for your makeup bag.
I LOVE THIS STUFF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

I'v been using this as long as i can remember, every night before i go to bed i practically bathe myself in this! or anytime i feel a little hot and sticky, makes me feel dry and fresh and smells great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother has always used baby powder as a body powder, but I didn't think much of it. I then found out, thanks to MUA, that baby powder can be used to fix oily hair! I purposely let my hair get oily just to try this. It works great. First time I tried, I went overboard and being a brunette, my hair looked a bit too gray. Next time I tried it, I sprinkled less, on the top of my head only. And afterwards, I blowdried my hair, with round brush. It gave some volume and while my hair didn't look freshly washed, it certainly looked like a 2-3 skipping-washes-days-hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lovepinkkx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omgomgomg. this stuff is pure amazing. i'm 17 but still have oily teenager skin. (technically i am still a teenager lol) but my foundation is constantly like melting off my face and my face is always percepted as a mirror. well, atleast to me it is. probably other people too! anyways, i've been using a really good primer, but it still hasnt been able to hold the shine back for the whole day. (i usually have an 8 to 10-hour day) i usually have to blot inbetween which i guess makes it ok, but it's such a hassle to have to leave class everyday to make a trip to the bathroom. i have tried numerous blot powders, but none of them seem to work and they always oxidize on my face, leaving an orangey glow (not the good kind of glow you want!) anyways, this powder is truly amazing, it hides my pores, makes my skin look flawless, holds back the shine for a whole day, is completely translucent, doesnt leave a white cast, makes my skin appear to be completely poreless and healthy. AH i just cant say enough! i will never go back to another powder again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i never thought of reviewing baby powder on here because i didn't realize it was on here and that so many other's use this too in their adult life! this is my little secret that i've used since i was a little girl. i use it to set my makeup during summer and it really works like any other face powder. just don't put too much or you'll look like a ghost! i haven't tried it as a primer or on my hair tho..but i'll have to try it those ways next time. i like to carry the little travel size one in my person at all times..not only for my kids..but for me on humid days. really helps.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by black_sprinkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love using this as a blotting face powder. I have used many a face powder, but they all turn cakey/separated/too dark/orange after I have to make multiple applications to my super oily skin throughout the day. But this stuff does none of that, and controls oil better than anything I have used. I am not sure if this would be stellar for someone of a less-than-fair complexion tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Johnson & Johnson baby powder every day after my shower. It makes me feel clean and baby powder fresh. I love it and will never use another powder.