October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by aabilez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am absolutely in LOVE with this soap. I have dry skin and I use this on my body and face. It has become my HG cleanser. I never thought I would be able to use such a cheap product on my face. It's so creamy and never drying. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As someone with very dry, mild eczema skin, this is one of the best body soap I have tried. It is the least drying soap without the over powering fragrance commonly find in cheap soap (I can't handly fragrance products due to allergies). While this soap isn't the best at removing sweat (ie. after the gym etc), it is a very nice everyday body soap that is suitable to dry skin in dry winter climate.

One way to make this soap even better is to add oatmeal to it (sorta like LUSH 'Porridge' soap bar): extra hydrating with the additional exfoliating effects! Just microwave the soap bar cut up into four sections with 2-3 tsp of water then add 2-4 tsp of grind up oats while stirring. Then just let it cool in a soap mold or round dish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DOVE soap is the BEST! Really does a lot of your skin! My fiance loves how smooth it makes my skin feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by jr2010

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for approximately 40 years. It is wonderful. Removes dirt and make-up and keeps your skin moist. I am 62 and my skin looks great.
I would never use anything else.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Jabawakky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cream bar is a keeper!!! I've been searching for a soap that I wont have any negative reaction to. My skin calls it like she sees it and any product I use she doesn't like, she tells me immediately and by that I mean that day or the next. And trust me, she is very picky. I have used this soap for about two months now and I am seeing loads of changes. I have acne scars and this soap is fading it! Don't ask me how cos if I knew, I could solve cancer. I also have strawberry legs and it is getting better by the day but I noticed a dif about 3 weeks into it. It is also making my skin tone more even. I cant say enough about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by andijan

I've tried vegetable oil based soaps for years. I've spent the big bucks on L'Occitane and Triple-milled olive oil soaps, etc. They all made my skin so dry. I went back to Dove, which I stopped using due to the tallow (beef fat). I went back and am so happy despite the tallow. It works and I can't see how something that is on your skin for seconds can do too much internal harm. I'm far more mindful when it comes to my moisturizer. With using Dove Sensitive, I feel that I don't have to use so much moisturizer. I have tried the body wash/liquid version, too. But, I don't like it so much. I've tried the scented and it seems to irritate my skin. I love DOVE sensitive. Simple, easy, affordable, no nonsense.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by leilajansen

I have tried numerous soaps on the market for my sensitive skin... Even the so-called sensitive soaps can be irritants to my skin.

This soap seems to be working great for me so far. It hasn't irritated my skin or broke me out. It also leaves my skin feeling fairly smooth. Furthermore, according to my research, it contains much less hazardous chemicals compared to many other soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by reddbwoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best bar soap on the market, removes dirt, oil, and odor. whitle it is a little pricey, it's not the most expensive soap. the box can be used to store the bar in. i'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This is the only bar soap I use on my body. The lather is rich and leaves me body feeling fresh clean and smelling lovely! I love the way a new bar looks, with the Dove logo on it. I try to keep the stamp visible as long as possible! Hehe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I can't find any other product that will actually clean my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin like Dove can! I have messed around with Chanel, Philosophy, Aveeno, and several lines from Clinique. I wind up either with break-outs, irritation, or tight, stripped-feeling skin.

Dove has never once made my face feel anything but clean, soothed, and healthy. It's creamy but has never once given me blemishes. (I never break out, so when I try a new cleanser and start seeing pimples, I know what the culprit is!) Even if I try one of their fragranced beauty bars, such as the 'Summer' scent, my skin is never left irritated. For years, I tried to see if there was anything better on the market for my incredibly delicate, fussy skin. After every disappointment, I come back to Dove! This also happens to be the only bar soap I can use on my face. It's truly a unique product, as far as my own epidermis is concerned.

No, it's not fancy or designer or esoteric or cutting edge. That's fine with me. I figure I'm lucky. The less I pay on a cleanser that works wonder for my skin, the more money I can spend on cosmetics and perfume! I fervently pray that the formula never changes and that Dove never goes out of business; I honestly don't know what else I'd use on my face!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No