August 20, 2014 | 1756 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This is the only bar soap I use on my body. The lather is rich and leaves me body feeling fresh clean and smelling lovely! I love the way a new bar looks, with the Dove logo on it. I try to keep the stamp visible as long as possible! Hehe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I can't find any other product that will actually clean my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin like Dove can! I have messed around with Chanel, Philosophy, Aveeno, and several lines from Clinique. I wind up either with break-outs, irritation, or tight, stripped-feeling skin.

Dove has never once made my face feel anything but clean, soothed, and healthy. It's creamy but has never once given me blemishes. (I never break out, so when I try a new cleanser and start seeing pimples, I know what the culprit is!) Even if I try one of their fragranced beauty bars, such as the 'Summer' scent, my skin is never left irritated. For years, I tried to see if there was anything better on the market for my incredibly delicate, fussy skin. After every disappointment, I come back to Dove! This also happens to be the only bar soap I can use on my face. It's truly a unique product, as far as my own epidermis is concerned.

No, it's not fancy or designer or esoteric or cutting edge. That's fine with me. I figure I'm lucky. The less I pay on a cleanser that works wonder for my skin, the more money I can spend on cosmetics and perfume! I fervently pray that the formula never changes and that Dove never goes out of business; I honestly don't know what else I'd use on my face!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by struby09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product for on my body AND on my face! It leaves you with a nice smooth fresh feeling! I could not live without this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Keeps my skin moisturized and fresh . Ever since i started using this 5 years ago, i haven't bought a facial cleanser. I sometimes use it on my body too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by faceship

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using Dove beauty bar on my face since I was a teenager. I am now 33 and have tried other facial cleansers but I always come back to Dove. It leaves my dry skin soft and clean, and the smell isn't too harsh. Its easy to keep in the shower. Overall I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Love buying dove soaps! All the varieties smell great, have nice texture, foam well, cleanse well, do not over dry. I especially love to use thses to wash my hand since they feel much better and wash more quickly than liquid handwash. Also these soaps dry reasonably well after usage and retain soap bar form unlike some soap out there which melt into "soap mud" in water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap. Everything about it, the shape the smell. As soon as I walk into my bathroom I know this soaps there as I can smell it.But only as a body bar. I do not use soap on my face and have not done since I was 12 years old.Bar soap in the shower is so much more fuss free and cheaper. I wouldn't waste money on expensive body washes.I'd rather spend the money on a new lipstick. Love this soap, the green one's good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I prefer ot use a bar of soap in the shower since I think it is faster than using a shower gel. This is my favortie by now! The smell is perfect, smells clean but no overwhelming flowery or sweet thing. Plus, this is really the only soap bar that doesn't leave my skin squeaky clean, like too tight for me. It leaves my skin hydrated and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I have been using this soap on and off for years now. I never really thought to write a review on such a basic beauty staple. But alas, I have discovered another great use for this! I have never even thought of using a bar soap on my oily, acne-prone skin. It was only until 3 weeks ago that I read online that beauty bars are much different from other bar soaps, and they are effective at cleansing facial skin without drying it out/stripping it of its natural oils. I have just been lathering up my face with this and using my clarisonic.. Let me tell you... My face has never been so clear or soft. I really think that the more simple your routine, the happier your skin can be! Try it out! At like $1 a bar, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Irinar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey everyone

I thought I'd share since I spent years trying to figure out what to do about my acne. It was not a bad (red, swollen) acne, but I had plenty of black and, particularly white comedons. I can't say that Dove has gotten me rid of those. But what it did do is to obviously stop more from showing up. I've been using it for about a month now. In combination with sugar (plain sugar kitchen). In the morning, in the shower, I just rub Dove soap on my slightly wet face (I use the regular type of Dove soap, although I recently also acquired the Shea butter one, I love the smell) and then get a bit of sugar (I keep in a jar) on my palms and rub it over my face . I just rub it for 1 minute, not even so. And I only get to do it in the morning. I highly recommend it. Used a lot of face products in my life, and in 34 years this "grandma' combination is the very best. use it in combination with a once in a while sauna treatment to get rid of comedons and I think you'll be very impressed!
and by the way, I loved the way Dove smelled and also felt but always felt it too expensive for me. And while I don't usually buy their shower and much less their shampoo (both good but very expensive where I live), buying one soap isn't such a great effort considering it last for about 2 or 3 months (if used on the face only, and only once a day). All in all, worth the little investment.