July 31, 2014 | 1843 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by jbojangles

A real workhorse in my brush collection. It works to deposit outer lid color on my small-ish eyes. It also does a great job applying highlight color in the inner corners. But most of all, the 219 smudges eyeliner really well when you want to do a smoky eye. The brush is a little too stiff to work in the crease for me, though. Even with repeated washing, there's no shedding. The brush retains its shape fairly well. Looking forward to getting a second one in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the 219 sight-unseen, knowing it was probably meant for smudging but expecting to use it in my crease anyway. However, as several other reviewers have mentioned, this brush is far too small/narrow to apply color to the crease effectively, no matter how small your think your eyes are.

That said, I still like this brush and instead use it for finishing touches -- smudging, highlighting the corners of my eyes, and deepening my crease.

My biggest fear was that the 219 would eventually splay and lose its shape, but after many washings, it's still as stiff and pokey as before, which I suppose is a testament to the quality of MAC brushes.

If you're unsure about this brush, I'd highly recommend checking it out in person as it's not as versatile as other brushes can be. But I myself have a use for the 219 and consider it a staple in my daily makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush! I've been thinking about getting a pencil brush for as long as I've been collecting brushes. I use this under my waterline, in my corner tear duct, and if i want a precise definition for my (eyelid) crease. It's well worth your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Jlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have been wanting a pencil brush and I finally gave into MAC. I got one of the SE brushes since I found that it was cheaper. When I got it I was supeeer excited. It applies eyeshadow to the bottom lashes really perfectly and I love how it helps smoke it out really well.

Another thing I use it for is to apply eyeshadow in my inner corners and to apply precise eyeshadow on my outter corner or to even set my eyeliner.

I loove this brush!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush was just ok for me, I don't think it's anything special. I agree with the person below that said it is a bit pokey, so I mainly use it for applying eyeshadow on my lower lash line or smuding my eyeliner. I wouldn't re-purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by RJJ

Quality brush! I use this almost everyday and wash it three-four times a week and is always as good as new.
It's great for the outer V and you can really do a lot with this brush! Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by blackberry815

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love love love it! would buy it again if I lost it or something but I'm pretty sure this will last a long time.. my mac 239, 217, 219 and 242 are my staples! you can't paint a house without the right tools!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovechocolat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i really like this brush. i think its expensive, but i still gave it 5 lippies because i cannot find any dupe for this brush. it is truly unique. it is very precise at applying color and it makes it a lot easier to work on your outer v without overdoing it. it also smudges eyeliner well for a smoky look

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

Its kinda pokey. I also don't know what to use it for. I thought it would be a great crease brush, but no I was wrong. So I don't really use mine often. I would spend the money elsewhere. If it wasn't pokey, i think I would like this brush, the the bristles dissapoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I spent so much time trying to find a cheaper dupe of this brush. I bought several MAC travel sets, sonia kashuk brushes, essence of beauty, ecotools, SIGMA, ELF, Japonesque. FINALLY I just got a real one and it's AMAZING. None of the other brushes are the right combination of firmness, size, hair placement, etc. that make this brush so ideal for lining under the eye, smudging, and detailed outer corner work. I should have just bought one in the first place instead of wasting all that money on dupes. Same with the 266.

I think the MAC eye brushes are really something special...the face brushes can be duped but the eye brushes are worth the investment.