November 23, 2014 | 1575 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I keep seeing this on the reviews and its bugging me, MDFII Cleanser is NOT 20% glycolic- level I cleanser is 10%, level II cleanser is 15% and level III cleanser is 20%. It's the moisturiser formulations that have level I at 10%, level II at 20% and level III at 30%. The cleansers are not as strong. See for yourself ar www.mdforte.com/cleanse.asp .

Anyway, I have been using the cleanser (MDFII) for 3 months and love it. I am extremely prone to clogs and milia and this has solved the problem completely. My only gripe is that I wish it removed makeup- I have to use another cleanser to take my makeup off before I can use the MDFII. However, I actually feel that this is actually making it work better- I apply it to dry skin but its skin that has already by softened with a previous washing so it feels like it penetrates deeper. I love it, wish it were easier to get. As it is, I'm going to give AquaGlycolic a try and see how it compares- it's cheaper and readily available at Drug Emporium. I'm going to cheat a bit and use the shampoo/body cleanser formula since it has 14% glycolic which is only 1% less than MDFII.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Venezolano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice stuff. It helps to even out the skin tone and leaves your face soft and ready for some action. I USE IT ON DRY SKIN, that't the key. You may also want to leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing off, and that's even better IMO as I didn't find this irritating at all in spite of it's glycolic acid concentration. If you're undergoing some tretinoin treatment, this will do a great job at ridding you of the flakes. The price is reasonable for what you get, and though I highly recommend it, I don't think it's the best thing I'll find for my oily, acne-prone skin. Still searching...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2004 2:50:00 PM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

Best cleanser! I only use this a few times a week because of it's exfoliating properties. This has the consitency of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. You apply to dry skin, I like to let it sit on my skin for a minute or so then wash off with a warm washcloth. I feel a bit of tingling but it's a cool feeling, because it does not burn. This certainly helps to keep my skin clear from clogged pores. I always follow up with PC's BHA solution and my other skincare necessities. I adore the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2004 4:34:00 PM More reviews by puglove

I finally found THE CLEANSER,actually i found the skin care that i'll use for the rest of my life.I've used every skin care line there is,my skin(before Md forte)used to break out all the time,no big zits but little bumps all over my face,itching skin,horrible!Combo skin,sensitive,now after 3 weeks of usage (yeeeee!)my skin looks better than ever,im so happy with it.Best if use in dry skin,then rinse,i do not use a washcloth,oh i also use distilled water to wash my face,i love this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2004 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Purple_sun

I've been using this for a month or 2 now. I like it, it's a lot better than the DDF sensitive gel for me, ironically. It doesn't dry me out as much (hard to find in a cleanser for me), nor does it break me out. I'm a big fan of AHA products, though. As it stands, I would repurchase. However, I hear there's a cheaper, drugstore version. I'd like to try that as well to compare.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by darkprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry, but I don't see the hype about this. I don't really like the way it doesn't foam and, and the fact that you have to apply it to dry skin. I also don't like the plastic package, because you can't even see how much is left in the bottle.
As far as things go, this is just an average AHA cleanser, it didn't do anything amazing to my skin, but then again, most AHA's don't do anything great to my skin, either. Not perfect, disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Rhoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally broke down and tried this thanks to the skincare forum, very glad I did!
Its gentle enough for me (dry, senstive, acne-prone skin) but still seems to be improving the texture and tone of my skin. Since starting this cleanser (as well as a few other new items) my skin is softer and looking a lot better. Will definitely repurchase =).

**EDIT 8/05** I still use this and like it (am only). Would like to find a cheaper alternative though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2004 9:11:00 AM More reviews by lighteyes20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

New HG!!- I have been using this for a month on my acne prone skin and it is great. My skin has cleared up so much. I still have red marks from old acne but the new pimples have basically stopped. I still get them at that time of the month but not as much as I used to. I am used to cleansers making my skin feel tight and dry after I wash my face, even if they are labeled moisturizing. Then I get flakes and my foundation looks horrible. Using this cleanser does not leave me dry AT ALL. My skin never feels tight. I put it on dry skin and then rinse it off. I paid about $18 for it which seems like alot compared to a drugstore cleanser but you get 8 oz. and you only need a tiny bit so it lasts forever. I will buy this forever.

*edit*
This is still a good cleanser but now I am using alot of acne medications so I switched to a plain cleanser without any active ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mockingbird

What a great product! I've been using it for two weeks and my skin is glowing. My break outs have stopped and the red marks are starting to fade. There is no dryness and my skin feels really soft. I will certainly repurchase this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

I just started using this product on my combo skin (with occasional breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, and scarring from pigmentation) and I have to say I am seeing immediate results! There has been a significant reduction in blackheads and the current breakout of cystic acne has gone flat and is fading away. My scars are fading. I am a believer!! I am currently on my way to get the rest of this lines moisturizers. Sorry Darphin - you might just have gotten beat! *After 4 weeks of use, these products made me break out with 2 rounds of 4 cystic blemishes. I will try to use this again but every 3 days or so as a treatment, but for now I'm back to Darphin as a HG daily cleanser till my skin normalizes.