July 25, 2014 | 955 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by kookygirl

This is a MUST HAVE in everyone's makeup kit if they wear mascara. Use this tool to comb through your lashes first, then curl, then apply your mascara, then to comb through again after each mascara application. It works wonders in separating and taking out clumps for a natural, finished look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mra098

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very convenient tool, however should be used carefully. The bristles are very sharp and close together. Since they are sharp and close together, it takes off excess mascara very well.

Cleaning and maintenance:
On the website, it is said to be cleaned with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol. Works fine, however it doesn't get all the mascara off. I suggest to get a clean disposable mascara wand (you can purchase this at Sally's beauty supply store), first wipe away the mascara with a q-tip and a cotton ball soaked in alcohol,then to clean it thoroughly, use the mascara wand and brush it horizontally (back and forth motion) with the bristles facing down.

If afraid of using this product, you should use a disposable mascara wand to take off excess mascara or purchase a spoolie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing is more annoying than finishing a great eye look with mascara, looking in the mirror and finding a big “ilash” clump. Ugh! Before grabbing eye makeup remover, mumbling a few choice words under your breath and starting over, try a careful comb out with this handy little tool. Be sure to give the combing task your utmost attention as the teeth are very sharp; you only want to remove clumps, not your eyes! I sit down and work close to my mirror, making sure I take my time and move carefully. Over the years I’ve owned several ilashcombs. I sadly damaged one by pulling out a few tines due to overzealous cleaning. Another one I lost while trying to super glue the comb into place but mistakenly glued the whole thing together. In spite of a few missteps, this is one beauty tool I never want to be without and will continue to repurchase.

What Tweezerman says, “The perfectly spaced, gold plated metal teeth glide through lashes to remove excess mascara, leaving your lashes looking long, lovely and clump-free. Comb cleverly folds in to protect teeth when not in use.”

Tips & Tricks
“While still wet with mascara, comb your lashes (moving up, out and away from eyes). If applying more than one coat, comb lashes after each additional application. Make sure to look in a mirror when using this precision tool. Part of eye-beauty maintenance is keeping peepers healthy, so clean your Ilashcomb regularly with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball.”

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by arieschick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product!!! I can't believe I have gone so many years in my adult life without it!! The metal comb on this brush is wonderful at getting out any little (or big) clumps that mascara may have left and helps create more volume. Absolutely love it! Be careful though, those metal prongs are super pointy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by taharrell

I would buy this again....but I don't need to! I've had it for years and it's just like it was the day I got it out of the package.

Since I use waterproof mascara, the teeth tend to clog up on me after several uses. However, I wrap it in the eye makeup remover soaked cotton square I use to remove that's days eye makeup. By the morning, the old mascara just slides off with slight pressure leaving me with a perfectly clean comb. None of the teeth have ever fallen out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfectly separated lashes, without any clumping, everytime. And it was like $8 USD!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buy it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by helyli

I've only had this for a week, but this is probably the best $8 I've spent on makeup. I never knew my lashes could be clump free before this. I was sad sephora didn't have this but the store next door did. yay! Plastic ones do not compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

**PIC INCLUDED**

Why anyone would bother to manufacture and sell other kinds of lash combs, I will never know. Once you try this one out you will NEVER go back. The plastic ones are pretty pitiful in comparison. The bristles on this are very sharp, which is what allows for maximum results when separating lashes and removing clumps. I use it like a rake going upwards over all my lashes (when the eye is open) and use the first couple bristles at the end to separate the little clumps of lashes stuck together individually, from above the lash line (the fact that the brush bends at an angle is especially helpful in that aspect). I have this comb and another one about half the size, with a flat, rounded handle to keep in my portable MU bag. I don't know how I ever did without it! It is an absolute GODSEND!

The pic I've included is to illustrate how well it separates the lashes (especially the lower).

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must be a spaz, because I can't really comb with this, I kind of "rake" my lashes. But this comb works great at removing clumps and separating clumped-together lashes. This combined with the shu curler and Cargo blu-ray mascara and I have the softest, longest, lushest hooker lashes in the world which still look soft and not fake due to lovely comb. Now I know why I had to go to five stores in New Orleans and got the last one in the fifth store. This could probably even save crappy mascara. I had a hard time cleaning it at first, but now I use an oil cleanser and kind of goop it around, rinse, then follow up with antibacteria soap about once a week; I baby wipe it after use.