February 26, 2015 | 1786 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

it doesn't stay too long on me and it broke me out :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dachinkyloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: easy application tip, nice shade
Cons: broke me out, does not control oil, no staying power

I switched from the CG clean makeup to this due to the EWG rating. Waste of my $5, I do no usually break out but this foundation made me breakout in my tzone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation yesterday & have so far found that I really like it. I do have fairly oily skin. It is true, that it has very sheer coverage, but for a 13 year old girl with only a few blemishes I am quite pleased. I bought it for about 11 dollars at Shopper's Drug Mart in Buff Beige. I'd say it matches my skin tone very nicely. There were only 2 parts of this product that I didn't find amazing. The shade gives me sort of a blue look? It's not noticeable to anyone but myself, but it it very, very sheer. The other thing was that I wish it came in a slightly larger tube, but for the price I'd say it is a very good product to try out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gothamangel08

I have oily skin. I have used this product for more than 6 months now. Since I bought this product, I'm likely to finish using this foundation before purchasing a new one. I'm just starting to discover about foundation. This product doesn't give you much coverage and is a really cheap quality. I'm not a fan of cover girl makeup..of course the one exception is the covergirl mascara. I will not be re-purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looked at a few reviews first before purchasing this product at my drugstore. I was a little 50/50 about it since people mentioned that the coverage is very light. It is very light but it hydrates my dry skin pretty well. I liked how it did that. If the coverage was slightly better i would like it more. Overall its not a bad product, might be a little smelly to a sensitive nose though

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this, esp when I realized that they had such light colors. BUT when I apply this it seems to accentuate every imperfection (dryness, fine lines - and I'm only 24 so I don't have many lines). I'll probably keep trying to make this work but I am disappointed
Update: Just realized why this looks so icky on me. It has shimmer in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by oumsker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got one in 755 (soft honey) because I'm a fair skin Asian. This shade has a bit of yellow undertone and it really blends in with my natural color. I have a sensitive skin which can get oily and dry at the same time...but this product has served me well. It has medium coverage...but the finish is not cakey at all. It feels light and great. I'm very happy with this product and I got it at CVS when it was only $5!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good sheer foundation. It's better than average, but not HG material. Would be perfect if it gave more coverage. I can only use this on days when my skin is clear. It evens out skintone, but does not cover any red marks. This is more like a tinted moisturizer. It's good though,and very moisturizing, which I like. I would repurchase because it's so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin gets a little drier in the winter and it's starting to get cold here. I bought this based on the reviews and with a coupon, I got this free. Light to medium buildable coverage. Very smooth and easy to apply.

Since everyone is comparing this to Laura Mercier TM, which I own and use quite a bit, here's my comparison: This gives more coverage and covers redness and dry spots better than LM. It holds more moisture to my skin and doesn't turn as oily as quickly. Somehow I had the exact opposite experience than the review below me...hmmm...

Near perfect color for me is 755. I am medium toned with very yellow/golden undertones. I love the small tube this is in way better than using a pump. I have not experienced any leaking, including on trips across the country in plane or car. Still the same amount as any other foundation on the market, and so easy to get out! I usually wear fdtn for about 14 or so hours and it lasts with a blot and powder touch up. No shininess with that method, but I don't think it will last in the humid summers here. I feel this is a winter only product for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I bought this hoping it would be a cheaper alternative to Laura Mercier Tinited Moisturizer but it was not even close. I find the coverage to be extremely sheer definitely less coverage than Laura Mercier and that after it dries like five minutes after applying, the dry spots in my skin started to all show up I think because it has a lot of water in it so it makes my skin look super dry and no coverage, which really sucks. I find that LM will show some dry spots but as it wears on it goes away but with the CG my dryness just looks bad.