I bought this foundation yesterday & have so far found that I really like it. I do have fairly oily skin. It is true, that it has very sheer coverage, but for a 13 year old girl with only a few blemishes I am quite pleased. I bought it for about 11 dollars at Shopper's Drug Mart in Buff Beige. I'd say it matches my skin tone very nicely. There were only 2 parts of this product that I didn't find amazing. The shade gives me sort of a blue look? It's not noticeable to anyone but myself, but it it very, very sheer. The other thing was that I wish it came in a slightly larger tube, but for the price I'd say it is a very good product to try out.
I have oily skin. I have used this product for more than 6 months now. Since I bought this product, I'm likely to finish using this foundation before purchasing a new one. I'm just starting to discover about foundation. This product doesn't give you much coverage and is a really cheap quality. I'm not a fan of cover girl makeup..of course the one exception is the covergirl mascara. I will not be re-purchasing this product.
I looked at a few reviews first before purchasing this product at my drugstore. I was a little 50/50 about it since people mentioned that the coverage is very light. It is very light but it hydrates my dry skin pretty well. I liked how it did that. If the coverage was slightly better i would like it more. Overall its not a bad product, might be a little smelly to a sensitive nose though
I had high hopes for this, esp when I realized that they had such light colors. BUT when I apply this it seems to accentuate every imperfection (dryness, fine lines - and I'm only 24 so I don't have many lines). I'll probably keep trying to make this work but I am disappointed
Update: Just realized why this looks so icky on me. It has shimmer in it.
I got one in 755 (soft honey) because I'm a fair skin Asian. This shade has a bit of yellow undertone and it really blends in with my natural color. I have a sensitive skin which can get oily and dry at the same time...but this product has served me well. It has medium coverage...but the finish is not cakey at all. It feels light and great. I'm very happy with this product and I got it at CVS when it was only $5!
This is a good sheer foundation. It's better than average, but not HG material. Would be perfect if it gave more coverage. I can only use this on days when my skin is clear. It evens out skintone, but does not cover any red marks. This is more like a tinted moisturizer. It's good though,and very moisturizing, which I like. I would repurchase because it's so cheap.
My skin gets a little drier in the winter and it's starting to get cold here. I bought this based on the reviews and with a coupon, I got this free. Light to medium buildable coverage. Very smooth and easy to apply.
Since everyone is comparing this to Laura Mercier TM, which I own and use quite a bit, here's my comparison: This gives more coverage and covers redness and dry spots better than LM. It holds more moisture to my skin and doesn't turn as oily as quickly. Somehow I had the exact opposite experience than the review below me...hmmm...
Near perfect color for me is 755. I am medium toned with very yellow/golden undertones. I love the small tube this is in way better than using a pump. I have not experienced any leaking, including on trips across the country in plane or car. Still the same amount as any other foundation on the market, and so easy to get out! I usually wear fdtn for about 14 or so hours and it lasts with a blot and powder touch up. No shininess with that method, but I don't think it will last in the humid summers here. I feel this is a winter only product for me.
I bought this hoping it would be a cheaper alternative to Laura Mercier Tinited Moisturizer but it was not even close. I find the coverage to be extremely sheer definitely less coverage than Laura Mercier and that after it dries like five minutes after applying, the dry spots in my skin started to all show up I think because it has a lot of water in it so it makes my skin look super dry and no coverage, which really sucks. I find that LM will show some dry spots but as it wears on it goes away but with the CG my dryness just looks bad.
I like this foundation a lot. It is advertised as a medium to full coverage intensity but on me it is very sheer. I wear shade "Ivory" and I think it is a good dupe for Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain ... not just in colour but in coverage. The packaging could be better and the tube does tend to leak into the cap if I don't store it upside down (it's meant to stand on it's cover) but that is not a big deal considering the price for what I find to be a quality product. PPP/Cool-toned, NW15. Will repurchase but I see this lasting a long time.
BOTTOM LINE: Have been using this product for last 7 years to cover acne and acne scars. Changed to diff. make up today and realized (finally!) that not all liquid make ups are created equal!
- Cheap (around $5) and widely available (drugstores, etc.)
- Water-based formula. Really doesn't clog pores. Doesn't accentuate flaky skin. Non-irritating.
- If used as a concealer or for acne/acne scars this product's coverage is too light. You can dab it and layer it but ultimately it only covers about 80% of the blemish you are trying to conceal.
- In photos this product makes you look like you have white spots on face IF used as concealer, dotted over blemishes/scars. The white dots are the make up reflecting back due to the flash. (Even if you get a darker shade, it still is visible in photos.) Switched to Make Up Forever's HD Concealer and took photo- so far, no white areas visible in photo I took after coming home from store! YAY!! P.S.- It's titanium dioxide that causes this unfortunate phenomenon. It is found in all major concealers and foundations (trust me, I've done hands-on research reading labels in an entire Sephora!) but I guess some products contain more or less than others. Obviously, Cover Girl contains more than the Make Up Forever brand.
- Somewhat thin consistency, causing it to rub off at even a gentle touch. I've gone 7 years fearing someone will touch my face and rub it off or that it will rub off if I lean face on hand, etc. Make Up Forever HD Concealer has more "stick," which is apparent immediately. Feel more confident this one won't budge as much. Very relieving to feel like I can finally relax a little and not stress over such a thing most people take for granted!
CG Smoothers will be good if you don't have much to cover. continued >>