OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 10/10/2008 12:56:00 AM

What can I say? This should be the red polish everyone should own!
Malaga Wine isn't really a wine color, it's more of a true blood red in direct sunlight. It's a very classic color, and is very similar to MAC's Rougemarie. In the shade, or indoors, MW transforms into a dark red, very close to a vampy nail color.
That is what I love about this color: it changes depending on the lighting.
The application was great! I applied 2 thin coats for opacity. The np went on smoothly, with absolutely no streaks. I applied 1 coat of Nailtek Foundation as my basecoat, then proceeded with 2 coats of Malaga Wine, and finally, one coat of Seche Vite.
The result is a glossy blood red that suits every occasion!

IMO, everyone should own Malaga Wine, it is a staple! I see it as asuitable color on all skintones.

on 9/13/2008 11:37:00 PM

My very favorite OPI color.It is the most beautiful rich wine that looks great with a little black dress.
Whenever I decide to try a different color I scan the shelves at the nail salon but no matter how many bottles there are I always seem drawn to it and pick it out of the crowd.
I would call it HG but for the life of me I can't figure out what it stands for. If anyone can tell me..PLEASE email

on 8/30/2008 7:37:00 PM

Malaga Wine is a deep wine red color - a tad cool, but neutral enough to be flattering on many skintones. With all of the super dark polishes introduced the past couple of years, this almost seems more like a mid-tone now, but I would still classify it as deep. This is a creme, which I like, and applied well (I have the older formula). This is a very classic looking red that is wearable year-round. Malaga Wine is not a unique color, but I do like it. It is very popular, but for a good reason as it is suitable for many skintones, ages, situations, etc.

on 6/15/2008 6:11:00 PM

Wonderful sophisticated deep red polish. It's perfect a pedicure, makes me feel very luxious!

on 6/11/2008 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only nailpolish I have ever repurchased. BEST color for my toes, ever. Looks sophisticated. No shimmer/glitter. Love love love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Malaga red is a beautiful vampy deep red cream, no glitter or shimmer here. Its simply gorgeous, very classy and sophicated. On my pale cool toned skin it pulls a bit more brown /plummy than I ideally I would like so its not my HG red polish but its still just stunning and one of the better red I have tried. If you find Malaga Wine a bit dark or brown on you then I suggest Got The Blues For Red, its maybe 1.5 shades lighter and has zero brown tones on me. So classic and lovely, applies like a dream.

on 4/23/2008 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

** Click for pic ** >>
Malaga Wine is such a beautiful, sophisticated blood red. It turns to be a bright, bold red in direct sunlight, but indoors it looks a deep blood red. The consistency is absolutely perfect, this just smooths onto the nail with such rich, creamy colour without streaking or bubbling; it's the best application I've had with any nail polish! I love how most OPI colours suit both warm and cool, and this is definitely one of them. It's got a lovely finish; thick, rich and absolutely stunning. I adore this colour so much; it's the perfect red creme. Normally I go for shimmers, but this is just the most beautiful creme shade and definitely one of my favourites. A staple in my collection that's perfect for any season and any occasion; a glamorous, sophisticated blood red creme.
continued >>

on 4/11/2008 5:01:00 PM

This is my absolute FAVORITE shade of red. In a dark evening light, this appears to be an intensely deep, blood red with blue-ish undertones. In bright light, it's a clean, glossy red. This is a super versatile colour and I love it.

(click continued for pic) This is an absolutely gorgeous red color. Sometimes it looks a little dark and sometimes it looks a little "light" (not too light though) but overall it's a very pretty deep red/wine color. I think it will be flattering on all skin colors, and it looks great against my medium skintone. The polish lasts a VERY long time, mine lasted about two weeks before it started to chip (base coat + two coats of color + top coat)! You could see my nails growing out before you could start to see it chip - and I'm a college student so I definitely don't baby my nails. continued >>

on 2/25/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is quickly becoming my all-time favorite red. It's not very wine-y on my olive skin, but it is gorgeous and can be worn year-round. I think it would look good on everyone--this might sound weird but I think it "warms up" the skin on my hands, or makes me seem more tan than I am right now. It lasts long (usually about a week depending on what you do--mine lasts through dishes and even a dogbath :)) and the new brush is great.

Popular Polishes