Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 9/28/2010 3:55:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product. I had heard some really great things so when I got it I was super exited. But sadly it stung my eyes it took forever to take off even my regular mascara it was just a terrible terrible product. I would really suggest that you not waste your money and buy a different product.

on 9/14/2010 9:16:00 PM

So glad I tried this! I posted a question on the BE Addicts board about DS products people couldn't live without. I got a ton of great responses and one of the suggestions was Rimmel's Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. I wish I could thank that poster because I have been using it ever since. After years of using Maybelline's version, this is now my HG eye makeup remover. I pay $6.19 for this at my local grocery story and if I was better with coupons, I'm sure I could get it for even less, but I am just so happy to have found a decent product that doesn't have a harsh scent, doesn't irritate my eyes, and most importantly, does not deposit a layer of oil in my vision.

In all fairness, I don't think this product removes *all* of my waterproof mascara. However.....given that this is truly oil free, I'm ok with that. I'd rather deal with SOME leftover mascara vs. dealing with oil in my eyes. Oil is oil, and it is great at breaking down waterproof products....the question is, can you deal with it in and around your eyes? I prefer not to, so I stick with this great product. I find that following up with a full face wash after removing my eye makeup does just fine for getting rid of any leftover product.

Love it. Thank you, poster on BE Addicts, wherever you are!!! xoxoxo

on 9/8/2010 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this make up remover. It is actually gentle, I accidently got some in my eye and it didn't hurt one bit. It removed every single product I had on my eyes (even the difficult to remove mascaras) and it wasn't oily at all.

on 8/24/2010 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works as well as many of the more expensive eye makeup removers I have used. The effectiveness depends upon the type of mascara you use. This oil-free formula certainly would not make a dent in waterproof but it works pretty well on the Maybelline Full & Soft mascara I use. I use it on a cotton pad or puff. PS: I use a lot of layering of the mascara so it is a lot to remove.
EDIT: I have discovered this product gently removes loose mineral makeup by utilizing it with a large cotton pad. Since I use Rx acne products, I have had much trouble finding a cleanser that does not dry and irritate my skin. This works. I do rinse the product off with tepid water. Buying it at the frequent sale or 2-for-1 offers makes it affordable as a facial cleanser.

on 8/15/2010 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Fail. For me this was a total waste of money ($7). When I first tried it, all I was wearing was regular mascara and a MAC Pearlglide eyeliner. It failed miserably at removing everything, especially the eyeliner. I ended up having to go back over it with my old standby, my Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup remover.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, it is gentle and does not sting my eyes but it also does not remove my waterproof makeup. I usually wear waterproof mascara and this doesn't remove it well. I have to tug and rub my eye areas which isn't good. Not worth the money, rather buy Target's own brand or Clean&Clear makeup-remover.

on 8/11/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I DO LIKE THIS PRODUCT AND HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR A WHILE.

TO BE HONEST IT TAKES OFF ALL OF MY EYE MAKEUP VERY EASILY SO IT DOES DO WHAT IT IS MADE FOR. THE FORMULA IS FOR SENSITIVE EYES AND IT LIVES UP TO THAT SINCE IT DOES NOT IRRITATE MY EYES OR SKIN.

IT IS NOT OILY AT ALL BUT REMOVES MAKEUP VERY EASILY!!

THE REASON WHY I USE IT IS BECAUSE IT IS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO WEAR LENSES AND I HAVE LENSES ON MOST OF THE DAY WHICH IS A BONUS!!!

IT IS NOT MY FAVOURITE MAKEUP REMOVER BUT IT IS WORTH TRYING OUT!!

I PROBABLY WOULD BUY IT AGAIN!!!

on 6/30/2010 10:07:00 AM

I did not like this stuff at all. It did not take my mascara off. I had to end up using baby oil after. I paid 7 bucks for the big bottle. I wish I had left it in the store. This was a waste of money.

on 6/28/2010 3:08:00 PM

Although this eye make-up remover claims to remove waterproof make-up, I find that it does not do a very good job of removing waterproof liquid eyeliner. It takes forever to get it off, and leaves some residue. It's great for non-waterproof make-up though. Will not re-purchase.

Personally, I love this product. I have sensitive eyes, and this is great for them... never stings or burns. It's fast, and removes all of my makeup, I don't normally wear waterproof mascara, but I have tried it on that and it worked almost as well. I do wear waterproof eyeliner and it's a breeze to remove. I also LOVE that you don't have to since this off, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I hate rinse off makeup removers, since I always have to wash my face after wards, I just use my face wash to get the makeup off. I have tried quite a few, from really cheap Avon, to Clinique... and I prefer this one. Have re-bought many times.