December 25, 2014 | 1003 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Charmainecay

I love this product. It's perfect for asian skin tone. I use it to set my BB cream. Bb creams are known to appear grayish. Setting it with Banana powder cancels the gray/white cast. It aslo "mattifies" the whole face. The only downside is the packaging. You need to transfer it to a sifter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The powder does what it says - basically it is a good setting powder that is almost invisible on the face. It doesn't matify my combo skin, but it helps my foundation last longer. I use Bare Minerals face powder brush with it. I tried it over different foundations and it does create a beautiful, even, velvety finish. I always use make up setting spray on top of it though. What I don't like is the color, I have pale skin and the yellow is visible especially under my eyes where I don't put pronzer/blush, so I cannot say it is universally flattering on all skin tones. The packaging is not ideal either, too much coming out every time I shake a bottle. I also have translucent Ben Nye powder that I hope will perform better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by gozdeunlu

WOW.! this stuff is AMAZING. Where do I start.. The texture of the product is so light and smooth it is a great loose powder i use this to highlight the face, set concealer and set foundation the color of the powder is yellow though you may use it for any under toned skin it just works with any skin color I'd say.! Oh and little goes a very long way with this. The only thing i would change about this product is the way the powder comes out the powder is very loose and fine and once you open the lid and go to tap some powder out TOO much product just comes out I lost a lot of product at the start because of this.
Overall an amazing powder

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by m678x79xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the great reviews of this product, I was really excited to try it. I have very oily skin, and while I've kind of given up hope that there is a powder out there that will solve this problem, I had the expectation that it wouldn't make the problem worse. Well, I can say that the powder performed adequately in this regard. I wasn't any less oily, but I don't think it was any worse than other powders. The reason I wouldn't buy it again however is that the color just did not work for me. I have an olive complexion that can get very tan in the summer, and that is really the only time the color matches. The rest of the year, the powder is just too yellow for my skin tone. I applied the powder with a powder puff, so it was more concentrated than if I had used only a brush. I don't think it was super noticeable to other people, but when I applied it I just never felt like it was the right color. I also wish that the powder left more of a silky feel to my skin. I have used Too Faced's Primed and Poreless Powder multiple times, and I really prefer that. It is super expensive for the amount of product, which is a significant downside. I think the best thing about the powder is how affordable it was. I used the powder daily for an entire school year and I don't think I'm even half way through the bottle, and it only cost me about $15 including shipping. The shaker cap can also tend to pour too much out, so be careful of that. All in all, I think this would be a good powder for women with tan to dark complexions, or women with very yellow undertones (only if you use a brush and a light hand, however).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by GabyVeee

I was expecting so much more from this product! I really don't think it lives up to the hype. Don't get me wrong it's a great product but I guess I was expecting more. I would repurchase though (:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by cwabby

Love love love this stuff! Keeps my skin super matte all day like no other powder. My skin is also super yellow and even the most golden foundations look orange or red on it. But when I use this powder, it changes the colour of my foundation and yellows it up enough to make it a better match for my skin.

It isn't widely available but a bottle should last me more than a year at the rate i'm using it. Also the shaker bottle takes some getting used to. I put my fingers over half the holes and shake a bit of powder into the cap. It isn't ideal but is not a big deal because this stuff is amazing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Littlemissenixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great if you love wearing a full face of makeup all the time. I have tried and tried to figure out a way to use this with BB cream under the eye like a highlighter. No luck. I've read reviews saying that this should be used over your concealer, but I never really wear concealer. But over foundation it is perfect. It really does do what it says and it leaves the face very soft. I need to experiment more so I can find the right techniques to use this with a BB cream. I will not give up!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Pamelacorona

Did my research on this product before I bought. Read all reviews.. I absolutely love this! It hides all my pores and makes my skin look flawless. I sweat a lot and my makeup still seems to stay in place. The first time I tried it at work.. Our a/c went out and I just knew that my makeup was melting.. Go look in mirror to touch up..and boom.. Looked the same as when I applied! Def holy grail product from now on.. Why did I wait soooo long.!!! Ha!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by serissy

I really wanted to love this product because of the hype around it. However, because I'm fair skin ( NC 17-20 or bare minerals golden light), it's slightly dark for me to use under my eyes to set my concealer or a setting powder. I will try it again when I get darker during the summer. The powder itself is very smooth and finely milled. You also get a lot for your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I wanted to try this product because I know one of Kim Kardashian's makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic uses this on her as well as her sisters sometimes. Also it was getting a lot of hype on YouTube by beauty gurus. I purchased mines online and you can't beat the price. A little goes a long way so you don't have to worry about running out quickly. I personally think it's best applied with a damp sponge otherwise it'll look cakey. I do love the consistency of this powder but if you're going for that "highlighted under eye" and you're fair-medium skin tone I don't think it looks good. I love wearing light concealers under my eyes but I find when I set it with the banana powder it darkens it which is fine if you're going for concealer that matches the rest of your face. But like I said I like my concealers light for that highlighted effect. I think this looks best on tan/caramel/dark complexions like Kim K.