September 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I wanted to try this product because I know one of Kim Kardashian's makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic uses this on her as well as her sisters sometimes. Also it was getting a lot of hype on YouTube by beauty gurus. I purchased mines online and you can't beat the price. A little goes a long way so you don't have to worry about running out quickly. I personally think it's best applied with a damp sponge otherwise it'll look cakey. I do love the consistency of this powder but if you're going for that "highlighted under eye" and you're fair-medium skin tone I don't think it looks good. I love wearing light concealers under my eyes but I find when I set it with the banana powder it darkens it which is fine if you're going for concealer that matches the rest of your face. But like I said I like my concealers light for that highlighted effect. I think this looks best on tan/caramel/dark complexions like Kim K.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by acnnacnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My HG loose powder is Laura Mercier mineral finishing powder, because it controls my oil very well and stay all day (up to 8 hours) for my skin. I am not really sure about this banana powder because I get oily after 4-5 hours. I have to say the finish is good, yea it really does appear translucent on my skin and not cakey at all, but it doesn't work quite well on oily skin. The price is def cheap, so worth to try but I don't think I will buy it again because I think LM mineral finishing powder works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by cjpramix

This powder is so fine and light that it really does appear translucent on my skin. I use it to set my foundation and it helps keep the oil or shine at bay. I only need to make a little bit touch up with my pressed powder in the afternoon. The banana shade works for me, i have yellow undertones and it helps cover some redness. This is an amazing find! The price is pretty reasonable. I use a kabuki brush to apply it and it looks fantastic! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very fine powder that feels like it should have a much higher price tag. Dont be put off by the "banana", yes the powder is pale yellow but I saw no obvious colour on my pale skin. The packaging is rubbish though as its just a bottle with holes on the top - it gets everywhere!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MsTzinitah

Just like all the other reviewers have stated, this product does do its job. Its matte, set my concealer and gives a slight glow to my face. I am an NC35-40. The only thing though is i feel it sometimes makes my complexion a wee bit dark. Would not recommend this on fair skinned people though, better try the Cameo or the neutral one. Its very expensive here in Dubai though, and quite hard to get a hold of. I paid 85aed or roughly around 30$ for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by paola09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I totally love this powder!!!!! It highlights my under eye area and my makeup looks flawless!! It does not look cakey and the price is really good. I got mine for $16 but since you only need to use a little bit, then you do not need to buy it every month. I am totally in love with the Banana Powder. I am definitely buying this again when I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from makeupmania.
It was less than $8 WITH shipping for the 1.5oz size shaker.
I use this as an all over foundation setting powder. I LOVE IT. On days I want full coverage but I don't want to wear a thick/heavy foudnation AND matching powder on top, I wear my light-med foundation with this all over. I could not believe how magical this stuff is. I'm med in color with warm undertones and I don't think this makes me look yellow at all.

My ONLY gripe, is the packaging...the shaker opening is so small that the lid is not quite large enough to sift product into and comfortably swirl my blush around in. Even with a damp sponge, it's kinda of messy. I wish they would make it a little more user friendly, but in any case, it doesn't affect the product at all. I fixed that by emptying out an Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Powder container (with attached puff) and pouring the banana powder in there. VOILA!
I've never had an issue using the UD packaging (in fact, I love it!), so that solved the packaging prob for me.

All in all, I think it's worth the hype. It's inexpensive, has amazing coverage, and doesn't get thick or cakey. What more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

First off,as everyone else has stated the package kinda sucks. I sift it into the lid,but if you don't use it all & attempt to put it back you end up losing product. But for the cheap price,guess its not to bad. I use this mostly for setting my under eye concealor & so far it works. I'm pretty sure I could make it work better for me. But the fact that it helps the concealor to stay,stop creasing and highlights is good enough. I use this with Mac's mineralized concealor,so it gets the job done for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently realized that I have sort of yellow undertones and that my BB cream was just looking too white. I was looking for a yellow setting powder so it could offset the white in my BB cream.

Anyway, it was ok.. but not great.

Pros :
-Lots of powder
-Affordable

Cons:
-Nothing really

Good for: People with yellow undertones. People who wear powder regularly (maybe that's why I didn't like it, I don't really wear colored powder on top of a base)

Not for: People who don't really like powder. People expecting a very fine powder like HD powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, anytime I'm considering buying anything under the heading of cosmetics, I research and read the reviews on MUA. That's what kind of pushed me to order the banana powder..coupled with Pinterest. I bought the 3.0 oz container from makeupmania...all under 15 bucks with shipping, plus taxes all added in. Great customer service as well. This stuff is uh-amazing. I've been using it for three days now, and my face looks perfect. I started just using it for my concealer (NC45), but then found a way to powder it onto my foundation, lightly. It's addicting. The only downer is the packaging, but you can find a way around it.I have so many compacts lying around, so I made use of them. The best way to apply it with foundation, is with a powder puff, and for concealer, use a damp beauty blender-like sponge.I first tried it with just buffing it with a brush, but I didn't like it. This stuff makes me excited to put my makeup on in the morning, Enjoy ladies. :)

Mini Update: My grandfather passed away this past weekend, and all week I have been running around with my family, and missing sleep. Today I came home in the middle of the afternoon, excited to take a nap. I was gonna wash my makeup off, knowing I'd have to reapply/touch up anyways once I got up, but I was too tired. I slept nearly three hours. My makeup always melts off when I sleep, so I just knew I was gonna see a half baked face when I went into the bathroom under my bright lighting. WRONG! Under eye area was still just as bright- concealer hadn't budged, nor had my foundation or blush. I'm so not used to that. Honestly, this stuff is gold!!!

UPDATE: I have discovered recently, that when using this over your concealer, and/or foundation, it is best to not apply it immediately after. When you do it that way, especially with cream products, cake face is almost definite. Apply your foundation and/or concealer, and wait a few minutes for it to settle. This especially helps with concealer, as the powder will go on brighter and not look powdery at all , just like a gorgeous yellow highlight. Hope this helps. :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No