November 26, 2014 | 1196 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ka1092

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I adore this product. I bought it for the scent alone but was extra stoked to see that it is for dry skin. Because for some reason, though my face enjoys seeping in oil (gross), my body is like Antarctica (fun fact: Antarctica is the driest place on Earth!) Not pleasant, especially in the winter when my skin gets dry, itchy, and cracked :(

The first time I applied the body butter I was very impressed with how well it absorbed into my skin. I applied it immediately after I got out of the shower which I think really helped lock in the moisture. My skin felt softer and smoother. Definitely a great improvement! It's also lasted me a very long time - though I have cheated on it with some other moisturizers along the way :P I still adore the scent, which is very fruity. However, the scent's not so strong that it lingers and clashes with whatever perfume/body spray you have on for the day.

I guess the only qualms I have with this product are the price - $20 is a lot for 200 g of product, especially when there are tons of cheaper alternatives on the market that, honestly, do the same thing for my skin. It's kind of unsanitary to continuously dip your fingers into the product - something I definitely can't share with friends if we go on a trip. Also, if you use too much, it can feel sort of greasy.

Overall, I enjoyed using the product but I probably won't repurchase simply because it is so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by scribblegenie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product. So does my entire family. I have purchased it for several years now and will continue to do so. Everyone in my family has dry skin and so we need a rich skin cream. All the women in my family love using it and the men love the smell. It is a bit sweet but the scent does not hang around for a long time but just long enough to use and attract others. If you like the smell of mangoes you will love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cvicious

this is my first review, so obviously i feel strongly about this product. i have had eczema for many years, and most recently it has been effecting my hands. they become dry and peel almost constantly. its utterly embarrassing. this is the ONLY product which actually moisturizes and relieves my skin. this is the best cream for eczema out there, and i have paid 50 dollars for a small tube of prescription cream. if you have eczema, this is a MUST HAVE. will repurchase as long as they are making this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells really really really good, just like mango and peach. My husband hates almost every lotion I have tried, but he loves this one.

Very moisturizing, and thick, but it is a body butter after all.
I do not like the fact that it contains Methylparaben and Propylparaben, but at least it does not contain mineral oil. It is also quite expensive. I bought the 50g small jar when it was on sale for bogo and it only lasted me for about a week.

I can't have enough of the smell of it though, it just, smells so damn good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells great (and I'm not usually a big fan of mango.) Great for very dry skin. VERY moisturizing, but not actually greasy.

CONS: Haven't bought this in forever cause it's a little expensive. Some won't like that this is in a jar because of contamination with fingers, but my hands are clean when I apply, so I don't mind.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yummy! This smells delicious!

The body butter collection does a wonderful jump of making the skin feel so moisturized. I usually out this on at night after a bath.

The only problem is that when I wake up in the morning, my skin still feels greasy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by QuarterHorseNPaints7

I really like The Body Shop body butters and i love the smell of mango. This body butter doesn't smell like a mango at all to me.. it smells like a peach! My fiance said it smells like peach cobbler.. but he said it smells really good. I like the texture and the way it feels but i wish it smelled more like a mango... but it still smells good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Preeti88

This is one of my favourite body butters as it absorbs better than some and smells heavenly. The moisture lasts for a fair amount of time and does not leave you feeling greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Gave me a rash that I could not get rid of for weeks... not very pleasant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing texture, smells wonderful too and the scent lasts all day. Love the colours & design of the package and i wouldn't mind the price if it weren't so incredibly greasy. I used minimum amount, took way too long to absorb, felt unbelievable greasy and i had to re-shower 15minutes from application cause i couldn't stop itching!! Tried it again some days later, same results, unfortunately. Too bad cause i really loved the scent.