August 29, 2014 | 1364 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Old Gold

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 6:14:00 AM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually hate gold, but after reading the review, I had to try it out for myself! Wow, this definately is a unique colour! It's a dark tarnished gold that shines green. I'm AAB and this looked awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 7:29:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pleasant and somehow subtle green-yellow on my golden C4 (HHH) skin. Green-yellow sounds disgusting, but the duochrome is such that the green is deep and warm, and the yellow frost adds an interesting dimension. It's a gorgeous shade of copper-green-yellow in the pot, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that on my skin. It's one of the pigments I can see myself reaching for often because it's subtle and benign, and frosty rather than glittery. But it's not a particularly stand-out shade in my collection. I don't think I'll purchase the full size if I run out of my sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow! i def agree that this is green brown's little sister :) the color of old gold is lighter than green brown, and it still has that almost holographic affect. when worn on the lids wet the color changes just by the wink of an eye :) truly love :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by KarmAttack

This is a UNIQUE colour. I have never seen anything like it before. It's gold, apricot, yellow, and lime green all rolled into one. You can definitely bring out these different colours depending what you layer it with. I did a smokey eye last night using Old Gold and the Steel Blue pigment and it looked gorgeous. I only have a small sample of this right now but I'd probably buy this full-sized when I run out. Also, it has an amazing staying power, even more than the other pigment I have. It doesn't budge until you wash it off with make-up remover or face wash. I love this! It looks great on green eyed ladies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Brelki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first pigment (sample sized), and I wanted it because I thought the color was so beautiful. I'm not entirely sure if I like it on me yet. It ends up being very yellow-greenish on my eyes if worn alone. I love the color up close on my eyes, but it seems to really make my face as a whole look very jaundiced (even though I have pink undertones!). Yesterday, I tried wearing it with a brown base, and it worked much better. Overall, I'm glad I got the sample first, and I might possibly buy the bigger pigment of it down the road.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Old Gold looks super pretty in the jar. It glimmers a dirty gold/green/bronze and is a very unique color. On the lids, the green duochrome is much more noticeable and the gleam is definitely reminiscent of "old gold money." Unfortunately, as much as the color is just so unusual, this looks out of place on my eyes and clashes with my neutral skintone, almost looking pukey and strange. However, once I get tanner, I think this would look much better on me. As usual the MAC pigment texture is smooth, pigmented and blends like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Queenie_Wahine

Such a pretty shade! I love to pair it with Milani's Atlantis.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2005 7:17:00 AM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a sample of this but when i run out id definately buy another sample. This is a gorgeous goldish green color. My skintone is cool/neutral but this one still works on me without making me look garish. I like to wear this on the outer lid with gold pigment or gorgeous gold e/s in the inner lid and green brown pig in teh crease and to line. Looks hot!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Old Gold is a very unusual color. The first time I looked at it, I immediately thought of MAC's Enriched Gold pro gloss. I loved that color but I couldn't wear gloss--it just slipped off my lids. Old gold is a mix of olive green, orange, bronze and gold rolled into one. It looks different depending on how the wearer moves. On my eyes, it's more green than anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Coincidentally, I received a sample of this pigment and Face Stockholm's eye dust in Rebirth and they are the same color--a glimmery tarnished golden brown that flashes a mermaid green when you turn your head. Shimmery, but in that wet-looking way. Only diff. is that MAC's is more intensely pigmented. (Low-end lookalike--Physician's Formula in Down to Earth; diff. is that PF's is more reddish brown). Beautiful and unusual effect on my dark eyes. Great staying power too since it took me a while to rub this off with just a plain cotton bud (no m/u remover).