Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 4/24/2009 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT 10/02/2012 : I have just tried the new version. It smells slightly different from the old one, but that's about it. It's still the gentle, soothing, calming cleanser that my skin loves!

Like this very much as it's soothing to my sensitive, oily & dehydrated skin. I use it after dermalogica's Pre Cleanse, and it's great especially for days when my skin gets itchy rashes. This cleanser calms my skin down w/out being too drying or too oily. Its almost similar to Cetaphil cleanser but whilst Cetaphil dries my skin out, this doesn't. Great product!

on 4/21/2009 12:56:00 AM

This product just feels like you put some soap on your face and washing it off. It doesn't work anything here except cleans it like soap does.

on 3/30/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a must. I am an Esthetician, and loooove this cleanser. It works for any skin types. I usually give a sample to my clients after they've had a chemical peel or microdermabraision. It flies off the shelves.

I really like this although it does feels like cetaphil cleanser. I like this better than cetaphil :)

on 3/4/2009 7:30:00 PM

Best cleanser I have used. (In comparison to clinique, clarins, bobbi brown, benefit, neutrogena, simple and eucerin)

on 2/27/2009 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really hoped this product would calm the redness on my cheeks ( I have combination sensitised skin) but it didn't and it made me really dry in places that I don't normally get dry which was really disappointing considering the hefty price. Initially I really liked the texture and the smell, and it did feel gentle on while doing a good job of removing my makeup, but despite my being very careful to rinse it off my skin looked like a red flaky desert. The only reason I paid so much is because I was getting desperate for something to help my irritated skin and I thought dermalogica would do the trick, but now I am using Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in mild which is doing the trick for about 1/3 of the price. As far as I am concerned Dermalogica is a rip off.

on 1/29/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Been using it for a year, I love how it treats my sensitive skin with care. Mild yet cleanse very well!!!

on 1/4/2009 8:05:00 AM

This is a really good cleanser which I use morning and night. I just massage into my skin and rinse off in the shower. At night I use a seperate eye makeup remover before then rinse. If I've used heavy makeup I tone then moisturise. Prefer this to the special cleansing gel but both good.

on 1/1/2009 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i would repurchase this cleanser over and over again! i cannot even begin to recall how many bottles of this i have gone through. it may seem expensive, but considering the amount you get, especially for the biggest bottle, it's totally worth it. i use this in the morning on dry face and rinse it off with water. at times i also use ultracalming cleanser to cleanse my face at night when i have light makeup on (just loose powder). it doesnt foam up and some people might not be used to it, but its cleansing power is really good. it had also calmed my skin down alot when i was breaking out like crazy a few years back with red angry pimples. definately my HG!

I gave up on Dermalogica cleansers ages ago after trying the awful dermal clay cleanser and breaking out in cystic acne. I have always loved the daily micro-foliant and multi-vitamain power mask though. Anyways, I was using Lancomes mousse clarte quite happily until recenty I broke out in a horrid allergic reaction on my face and hands. Everytime I used my mousse clarte, my skin would break out in red blotches and would go really dry and sore. My beautician suggested this cleanser and I was sceptical at first due to the dermal clay nightmare-the last thing I wanted to do was add to my skin problems. Anyway, she gave me some samples and I tried them. I LOVE it! I remove my make up with Johnsons baby wipes, then use this to wash my face with. Within days the redness had gone and my skin was smooth and clear again. I love how gentle this is and how it does not make my skin feel tight after washing. My skin feels clean and soft after washing. I have bought the large size bottle of this now and think it's gonna be a keeper!