Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 3/30/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a must. I am an Esthetician, and loooove this cleanser. It works for any skin types. I usually give a sample to my clients after they've had a chemical peel or microdermabraision. It flies off the shelves.

I really like this although it does feels like cetaphil cleanser. I like this better than cetaphil :)

on 3/4/2009 7:30:00 PM

Best cleanser I have used. (In comparison to clinique, clarins, bobbi brown, benefit, neutrogena, simple and eucerin)

on 2/27/2009 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really hoped this product would calm the redness on my cheeks ( I have combination sensitised skin) but it didn't and it made me really dry in places that I don't normally get dry which was really disappointing considering the hefty price. Initially I really liked the texture and the smell, and it did feel gentle on while doing a good job of removing my makeup, but despite my being very careful to rinse it off my skin looked like a red flaky desert. The only reason I paid so much is because I was getting desperate for something to help my irritated skin and I thought dermalogica would do the trick, but now I am using Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in mild which is doing the trick for about 1/3 of the price. As far as I am concerned Dermalogica is a rip off.

on 1/29/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Been using it for a year, I love how it treats my sensitive skin with care. Mild yet cleanse very well!!!

on 1/4/2009 8:05:00 AM

This is a really good cleanser which I use morning and night. I just massage into my skin and rinse off in the shower. At night I use a seperate eye makeup remover before then rinse. If I've used heavy makeup I tone then moisturise. Prefer this to the special cleansing gel but both good.

on 1/1/2009 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i would repurchase this cleanser over and over again! i cannot even begin to recall how many bottles of this i have gone through. it may seem expensive, but considering the amount you get, especially for the biggest bottle, it's totally worth it. i use this in the morning on dry face and rinse it off with water. at times i also use ultracalming cleanser to cleanse my face at night when i have light makeup on (just loose powder). it doesnt foam up and some people might not be used to it, but its cleansing power is really good. it had also calmed my skin down alot when i was breaking out like crazy a few years back with red angry pimples. definately my HG!

I gave up on Dermalogica cleansers ages ago after trying the awful dermal clay cleanser and breaking out in cystic acne. I have always loved the daily micro-foliant and multi-vitamain power mask though. Anyways, I was using Lancomes mousse clarte quite happily until recenty I broke out in a horrid allergic reaction on my face and hands. Everytime I used my mousse clarte, my skin would break out in red blotches and would go really dry and sore. My beautician suggested this cleanser and I was sceptical at first due to the dermal clay nightmare-the last thing I wanted to do was add to my skin problems. Anyway, she gave me some samples and I tried them. I LOVE it! I remove my make up with Johnsons baby wipes, then use this to wash my face with. Within days the redness had gone and my skin was smooth and clear again. I love how gentle this is and how it does not make my skin feel tight after washing. My skin feels clean and soft after washing. I have bought the large size bottle of this now and think it's gonna be a keeper!

on 12/27/2008 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this cleanser about a month ago and I am in love with the way that my skin looks and feels. I have combo skin that is sensitive and this really helps to keep my skin calm. I've also noticed that I am breaking out less which is an added bonus.
I use this cleanser in conjunction with the Pre Cleanse and followed by the multi-active toner and the skin smoothing cream.

on 12/14/2008 4:22:00 PM

I don't usually write reviews, but I found these products by reading other people's so thought it only fair to write my experience.

My skin is usually very good if a little dry and occasionally slightly uneven in colour (red near my jawline) but that's it. The other month my skin totally broke out - all over - in uneven redness, raised bumps and what looked like bright red spots (but were not actually spots, I tried to burst them). I don't know caused it - products, make up, stress...

I read up on rosacea and products that deal with redness and I got the same response from all the websites I searched - Dermalogica. I had never heard of this brand before and no idea where to get it, it is not easily accessible in the UK. I bought the 3 products that seemed related to my problem that were mentioned on other people's reviews and I thought I would give them all a go.

I bought the Ultracalming cleanser 500ml, Sheer tint redness relief 40ml and Barrier repair 40ml and I got them all off ebay, as I couldn't find anywhere in the UK with ease. I use the cleanser twice a day (before I shower and then when I get home at night/before bed) and the other 2 products once a day before makeup in the morning (I continued to use the same make up).

I wasn't sure what order I should use the products in or if I should use them altogether because I didn't see anyone professionally about them - as it claims you should do on their website - but I used them all anyway and I have only genuinely seen positive effects.

I wasn't sure what brought out this change in my skin, but it looked horrible and I felt very self conscious. My skin is back to normal after 2 weeks of using the products every day - no bumps, minimal redness (only the same as before the breakout) and I bet it will reduce the redness even more. If I'm at home and I ever start to feel my skin getting sensitive or tight, I use the cleanser and barrier repair again.

I still have to use an additional moisturizer, as none of the products are overly moisurizing - great for very oily skin or skin that is not dry, if you have these skin types you probably wouldn't need to use an additional moisurizer at all.

The prices, to me, were reasonable. I have paid a lof more for products where I have seen little evidence of results. I like the simple packaging and the directions for use on the back of each is clear. It just doesn't seem possible to get info from anywhere about what products are best used together, maybe it doesn't matter. These 3 worked well for me...

Can't say the products will work for everyone, but the routine worked for me and I feel loads happier with my skin now.