July 26, 2014 | 946 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by DiniBlini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would die without this brush. I use it really pack on powder eyeshadow. It's the perfect size for shading, contouring and if you turn it on its side you can even do some neat highlighting for the eye area. It's good quality, it doesn't shed and the handle is nice and firm. But like I said before it's amazing because it can really grip the product and deposit it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG eyeshadow brush - I've had mine for nearly 11 years! Remarkably, it's still holding out beautifully.
Offhand, here are some of the notable pros:
- Precise application & perfect control
- Ideal for all-over colour and highlighting
- Can also be used for crease colour
- Picks up lots of product and packs on the colour (makes low pigmented shades actually workable)
- No shedding (mine has literally never shed a bristle, to my knowledge)
- Comes clean easily with regular washing - mine is still as white as the day I bought it

The price is worth it, believe me - it'll last forever! I really need to pick a second one up to add to the rotation, as I use mine every day and I'm constantly washing it. Cannot recommend enough!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm not one who usually splurge on high end eyeshadow brushes especially one which function to 'only' pack and placed eyeshadow color. My collection consists of Nyx, Elf and Masami Shouko. Honestly, for placing color I was quite satisfied with them already and couldnt differentiate between the placing of colors with my cheapo brushes and my mac 239 except 239 does seem to sucks product less, which is not an issue for me anyway since I have quite a large collection of eyeshadows am never gonna finish.

What make this 239 stands out from the others is because this is the only one that I know is going to work when using somewhat 'difficult' medium other than eyeshadow primer.
In my case it is Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxie (FPE), which is a glue like 'primer' and I dearly love it but my trusted Nyx and Elf brushes just give up on top of it, the colors just wont 'stick', resulting in uneven color here and there and the product used are way way too much m started to getting annoyed. Not so with 239, it goes on top of FPE with no problem, smooth even color hence the 5 lippies given because I feel this product must be special for being able to do something my other drugstore brushes can not.
Definitely worth the splurge IMO..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Could this brush be any better? Applies the perfect amount of product. It seems expensive (I believe I paid $24.50 for it?) but it seems as though it's going to last forever. It's easy to see why this is the HG eye brush for many people. I think that between this and a blending/crease brush like the 222 or 224, you don't really need much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by 47flowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is my all time favorite brush! No, it is not overrated and yes you can find similar brushes like this. But every brush like this that I've tried have been worn out within a couple of months. I've had my 239 for two years and it's still in superb condition. Needless to say, I'm thinking of buying one more. This is a musthave!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for all over lid, or accent in corner and under brow bone. Applies color flawlessly, and rarely have fallout if i am using pigments. Love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by lalu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a must have to apply eyeshadow.One of the best in the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this brush! i use it EVERY day.. it applies shadows nicely, has great control, and has packed bristles so color goes on bold (or light depending on how much shadow you use).. this is by far my favorite eyeshadow brush from mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG where has this brush been all my life?! I recently got back into using eyeshadows and started with the E.L.F brushes...baby steps here...that was a mistake. Decided to take the plunge on the 239 due to the reviews. Best decision ever. I'm so excited to apply eyeshadow as before it was so cumbersome and way to much work. The 239 puts the eyeshadow exactly where I want it and how I want it. Packs color on my lids like a champ. I need to invest in another one asap because I'm always cleaning it! Ladies get this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by tiamoe1

this is my EVERYTHING brush!!! lmb0;)) i use it to pack 0n the eyeshad0w 0n my lid, in my crease&als0 my l0wer lashline... i actually 0wn 3 0f these brushes&d0n`t kn0e where i`d be w/0ut it:))