August 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have found my HG blush with this one. I was apprehensive at first as I was purchasing it online and had heard that it isn't pigmented and doesn't show up, but I thought I'd give it a try. I am in between NC and NW 15 in MAC, and a beige 0 in Alima Pure, and this blush gives the prettiest, most natural flush of any blush I've ever tried. It looks a bit light in the pan even to me, but it is just beautiful. It looks like I'm actually blushing when I wear this one, or like I've been outside in the cold for a bit. It has a teeny bit of shimmer to it, but it isn't really noticeable when you apply it. It also has a nice scent to it, which is kind of weird to me honestly, but I don't mind it.

Pros:
Beautiful color for pale skin
Not too shimmery, more of a satin finish
Can be applied lightly or heavily without looking clownish
Doesn't break me out
Has a scent
Looks very natural
HG for me

Cons:
Has a scent- if you are super allergic to perfumes, perhaps try in the store first to be sure that it won't upset you
I am love/hate about benefit's box packaging- it's cute but kind of clunky and big

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty pink blush with gold shimmers. It gives the perfect innocent pink flush and it smells amazing too! Just not a fan of the newer packaging with the mirror inside though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by xruthjox

I got a mini version of this in a benefit set for Christmas. I do really like however, if you want to use it as a blusher you have to layer it on if you have a medium skin tone or darker (I'm blonde but my parents both have dark hair and my mum has 'Spanish' looking skin so in the winter I get paler but tan quite dark in the summer)

I wouldn't use this in the summer as I don't think'll show but in the grey, cold winter months its a lovely brighten up with slight shimmer. I may use it on other parts of the face a little more sparingly like others have mentioned.

Bad points:
- price: wouldn't purchase it myself but a treat as a present
- packaging: very flimsy & if you carry make up around in a handbag it would get battered!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by blackygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample size of the Dandelion Blush in my 'feelin' Dandy' set.
I do like the texture of the powder.
Yes, like many people have said, it doesn't give much colour. It can't be used as a blush for me unless I layer it over posie tint.
However, I do enjoy using it as a face powder. It gives you an amazing all over flush. The only thing I'm not too pumped about is that it's a little too shimmery.
Still, it's a product I enjoy. I will probably buy a full size once I'm finished with what I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

People, Dandelion is clearly marked as a "brightening face powder", NOT a blush. It's very, very light cool-toned pink with a soft sheen. It makes a beautiful highlight for the cheeks and browbone. Comes in a standard novelty Benefit box. The scent is a very light floral/rose smell. I have a sample from Sephora that'll probably last me forever so I don't know if I'd purchase. It's a nice product, love Benefit. Check it out if you're interested but remember, don't expect it to work like a blush!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelightxo

Though this product has cute packaging, i dont think the product itself is worth the money. It was given to me by a friend who had a medium skin tone and it did not show up on her. I'm quite a bit lighter than her so she thought that i'd like it better. When i tried it there was barely a color payoff on my cheeks. The only way i could get the color stronger was to dig my brush into it. For the price, there are better dupes out there with more pigmentation. For example, rimmel and nyx have comparable colors in their collections.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As others have said this is a really nice natural looking pink blush that is subtle when you first apply it but it's also buildable. My skin is fair and Dandelion looks very natural with my coloring. I like a bit more color so I top it with a touch of Smashbox Prism which is a bit more intense and pinker. I also like the flat square brush that comes with it. Although it appears awkward to use, the brush actually does a quick and easy job. Not crazy about the box or the price. Sure all of the Benefit line has cute packaging but the cardboard box isn't sturdy and not that great for carrying around in a purse or for travel. The whole Benefit line is pretty expensive and the amount you get isn't much. However, because I like this blush so much I'm sure I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dandelion is too light as a blush on me, but it will show up. I layer it over Posey Tint and it works better that way. I wouldn't repurchase as it takes too much work to use, but I like having it in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a NC20 asian girl. I have never fallen in love with a blush because blushes usually make me look clown-ish. I LOVE dandelion. I get a very pretty flush that looks very natural and that comes from a person who cannot work blushes without looking pink, or making mycheek looks rounder.

I initially was not thinking about this blush after reading so many reviews on how it does not show up on people who are fair, this is not true. I am NC20 and it shows up very well.

Blushes I tried and failed on me:

-Benefit Coralista: Too pink, too bright
-Benefit Hervana: Too candy pink, doesnt show up that much unless I wear about 3 layers of it, and when I do it is very bright
-Benefit Sugarbomb: Too cool pink
-MAC fleur power: too pink
-MAC dollymix: too pink
-Benefit Benetint: too red
-Dior Blushes: too much shimmer not enough pigmentation

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This blusher is too heavy, too pigmented, hard to blend and too shimmery!
No matter how little I used, this product didn't blend or even look vaguely natural. I thought this baby pink blusher would suit my NC20 skintone, but it made me look like I'd been in a sauna. I applied this product lightly with a fan brush and it just didn't ever look pretty.

I wouldn't repurchase as this blusher sat in my make-up drawer for 2 years unused before being binned.

I don't think I could recommend this to anyone as I can't imagine what skintone it would suit and I know that none of my friends wouldn't like the huge amount of sparkle in this blush.