BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 8/17/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like this product, I would say it's worth my money and it has lasted me a while. The color is simply pink and pretty, and when applied it looks as if you're naturally flushing. Very pretty. Although, it's not exactly a favorite and I find myself grabbing other blushes instead of this blush. I would not repurchase this, but I'll continue to buy Benefit blushes in the future!

on 7/24/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very natural and very pretty. I think any one would look good in this. It gives Avery natural flush and healthy glow.

on 7/24/2013 4:58:00 AM

I LOVE this blush. I have fair to medium skin (I get pretty tan in the summer) and in the months when I'm pale this blush gives me a nice natural pink flush. It doesn't show up very well when I'm tan, but I don't wear blush in the summer months anyways. It also has a lovely smell. Very light and kinda foral. The packaging is a little deceiving, since half the box is just the brush it comes with. Either way, I'd recommend this product to people with fair skin.

on 7/8/2013 9:03:00 AM

I got this as a gift with a mag. I had to use more of the product to show up on my skin (nc37). Its dusty pink mauve on me. It made me look dirty faced. It didnt do anything to flatter me. I looked soooo washed out. Didnt like it and eventually gave it away. Glad it was a free gift! Phew!!

on 7/5/2013 12:10:00 AM

I'm very fair and it's hard to find blush that can lend my skin a soft natural glow without turning me into a barbie doll. Looking into the cute little box, Dandelion comes off as the sweetest baby pink blush I have ever seen! Worn on it's own, it gives my cheeks a beautiful soft pink glow. But I love it most for layering, especially over blushes that can make my fair skin look muddy. It's really good for fixing mistakes and adding a bit more depth!

on 6/27/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My first Benefit blush was Coralista and, having tried that first (and loved it!), then trying the Dandelion, I'll admit I wasn't as thrilled as I thought I'd be. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful shade and it does look good on my skin. It's matte and has a slight shimmer which is very pretty and English rose-y.

The issue I have is that I have to apply quite a bit for the blush to be noticeable. When applying Coralista, I barely had to apply any product and I was happy and good to go. Dandelion, however, doesn't make that much of a statement for me and I apply a lot more than I usually would just to be able to notice it. This is fine, but at almost £25, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I'm fair skinned with dark hair and I think the Coralista suited my skin tone more. Dandelion is very natural and pretty, just maybe not for me. I think I would buy again, but not if Coralista is in stock too :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Benefit's Dandelion Box-o-Powder is a "sheer ballerina pink face powder to take your complexion from dull to radiant with buildable color and just a hint of shimmer. Sweep it on the cheeks as a soft blush or dust it all over face as brightening finishing powder." I love Benefit's Box-o-Powders, I think most bloggers and beauty lovers do. I received a 3 g (.1 oz) sample of the Dandelion Box-o-Powder in Benefit's Dandelion Wishes set, which I received as a free gift from Ulta. The full size of this Box-o-Powder contains 7g (.28 oz) and retails for $28. Benefit offers a selection of 9 Box-o-Powders. Benefit does not test on animals. This blusher was made in America. Benefit products can be purchased through the brand's website, Benefit counters and boutiques, Sephora, and Ulta.
Benefit's Dandelion Box-o-Powder comes in a green cardboard box with a flip top lid. The Benefit logo, product name, and a pinky, puffy dandelion. A natural hair bruh is included with each Box-o-Powder. My little sample comes in a small plastic clamshell container with the same general design on the front. A short description and full ingredient list can be found on the back. Benefit's Box-o-Powders are known for their excellent textures. My past experience with these blushes lead me to believe that the texture is highly variable. The Dandelion Box-o-Powder is a very soft, silky powdery that's solidly pressed and kicks up very little residual powder. It's very easy to pick Dandelion up on a brush. This powder blush applies with ease and is very to blend. Honestly, I have a very hard time figuring out how to use Benefit's Dandelion. Is it a blush? Is it a powder? Is it a highlighter? All of the above? I don't really understand the concept of this powder, I guess it's up to the user and their skin tone. For review purposes, I chose to use Dandelion as a blush and a highlighter. Really, I don't like it as either. This powder is too subtle to be used as a blush, yet too pink toned to be a highlighter. On my very fair skin, Dandelion provides very little color but a subtle sheen. The subtly of this product makes it very difficult for me to judge it's longevity.
Benefit's Dandelion is very pretty in the pan, it's a very light pink with subtle gold microshimmer. Don't be too concerned about the shimmer, it shows up on the skin as a sheen, not as a glittery finish. In a heavy swatch, Dandelion shows up as a light peachy pink, a very pretty color that would appear as a soft, natural flush on fair skins. However, once Dandelion is blended out, the pink hue is barely visible. I don't know who Dandelion would would show up on. I'm very hair and like many pale people, I have rosy cheeks, and their natural pinkness trumps any color Dandelion deposits. Skin tones more than a few shades darker than mine likely won't be suited by such a light sheer powder. For me, Benefit's Dandelion isn't a blush, face powder, or a highlighter. The shade just doesn't suit any of those purposes. I do, however, like to use Dandelion on the eyes, its great for blending
I'm still so mixed up about Benefit's Dandelion powder. The packaging is precious and in the pan it looks promising. The texture of this powder is lovely and very high quality. Pigmentation is light, but I'm pretty sure that's intentional. The lgiht pink shade doesn't suit my skin as a blush or highlighter and I really can't imagine using it as an all over face powder. I do like it on the eyes though. I'll continue to use and and experiment with Benefit's Dandelion Box-o-Powder, but I don't recommend this puzzling product.

Pro Tip: A similar but more potent color can be created by mixing the Bella Bamba and Sugarbomb Box-o-Powders.

on 6/25/2013 3:07:00 PM

oh my lord. if youre looking for this perfect soft pink. youre looking at it. its sooo omg amazing. its matte with a hint of shimmer. just a little shimmer. and its very settle for any seasons! the packging is adorableee! and the scent just smells like a blush i guess. haha but i would def repurchase omg.

on 6/18/2013 1:54:00 PM

I really like this blush. Yes, I called it a blush. I am pale and this gives me a natural pink-y glow. I like to layer it with Nars Orgasm Illuminator. This won't show up on dark skin very well. It's good if you want to use blush but don't want to look all glittery/peachy/pinky. (i'm looking at you, Nars Orgasm).

on 6/14/2013 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is good for young (as in childlike) white and very light yellow skins.it is not good for orange brown or skin with brown spots or skins with more than one colour on them.

I recommend the benefit high beam product instead of this which I have also reviewed as it has a Pearl like texture And nicer finish as powders tend to sit on the skin and when you look close it is obvious that someone is wearing powder because the particles arnt fine enough texture to blend into the skin.

Popular Blush Products