Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 9/18/2010 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think these are excellent value for money. I have them in three colours and I prefer them to some much more expensive liners I have. A great product!

on 9/15/2010 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After finishing the third black one of these I have bought/swapped for I figured it's time to review! (I have also finished off 5 or so other so colours over the years)
Although it doesn't even stick AT ALL on my waterline, it's concrete on my upper lashline.
The pigment is strong, doesn't leave any bald patches in the line of colour. :)

I repeatedly purchase these liners, with confidence that they will do what I expect them to.

The biggest downside to them is the amount of product you get for the money. I recall my shock when I finished my first ever "moonlit teal" glimmerstick to see that you only get about 2.5 inches of colour for 5!

Also, if you twist it up too far, it will fall out of the casing and they dry out quite quickly, but that's not such a huge problem as they use up pretty quickly as well!

Overall it's not my favourite brand of eyeliner (and a batshagger, eyeliner is my main game) but it is reliable, trustworthy and reasonably priced. I would place them in my top 5. :)

on 9/6/2010 12:25:00 AM

I have this in almost all colors. Love the stuff. & to previous poster who broke it, I have never, ever had one break. My favorite eyeliner. No need to change. And it goes on sale for less than $3. You can't beat that price.

on 8/16/2010 9:00:00 AM

I have these in a handful of shades. I use Cosmic Brown daily and it's a go-to. Not quite as smooth to apply as UD 24/7 Bourbon (my other favourite brown pencil), but the colour is a deeper and truer chocolate brown, there's no shimmer and it lasts almost all day. It's a failsafe for work and a good match with almost every shade of eyeshadow.

I know there's probably better out there amongst the high end brands, but this costs a fiver and delivers daily with no smudging - even on the bottom lid. Love the packaging - it's retractable and the pencil is exactly the right width - no need to sharpen either! Would definitely repurchase.

on 8/12/2010 1:49:00 PM

I'm always on the search for the perfect eyeliner. I have asian eyes with the awkard fold (not hooded though) in the middle of my eyelid so basically all eyeliners (except liquid) crease on me. This one along with Revlon's Colorstay eyeliner are the best I've tried so far. They're not completely smudge-proof and are not waterproof but it can last me almost through the entire day (which is saying a lot!). I also have the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners but that one smudges quite easily on me. I always use a primer and wear eyeshadow underneath. I love this eyeliner also for the packaging because it's a retractable! Will definitly buy more. I'm constantly stocking up on it since it's super cheap when it's on sale!

on 7/25/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This eyeliner worked very nicely for me. I have it in Midnight Blue and it looks pretty with my eyes. It stays on well, and isn't that difficult to apply.

on 7/22/2010 1:26:00 AM

I have this in soft black and it looks very good. I just like the normal look and don't really smudge it alot, but occasionally I do and it's perfect for both looks.
This worked so well I stopped using my Shu Uemura liquid (glitter) eyeliner and lancolme brown eye liner after awhile.

The only downside is that sometimes it won't glide on smoothly and I have to reapply- but it's not a big problem because this rarely happens.

Definitely recommended eyeliner (I got mine as a gift, but the price doesn't seem to be outrageous).

on 7/16/2010 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in black, and I LOVE it. It's very opaque, and glides on so nicely. Doesn't smudge on me in the inner corners of my eyes like a lot of other eyeliners do.

Often you can find these on a deal too (like 2 for $8), so it's very reasonably priced.

It is a fairly decent eyeliner. I wasn't much for me. I found pencil eyeliner so much easier. It wasn't very good for my waterline but for my top lash it was ok. I don't really like it because I had it in my pocket and I bumped into something and completely broke. I think the plastic is way to weak because no other eyeliner has done that to me. The only good thing about is that you don't have to sharpen it but I'd rather have to sharpen my eyeliner.

on 7/15/2010 4:40:00 PM