October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Blunt

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 1:10:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush after seeing it on Angela Basset in In Style magazine a couple of years ago. She used it in the creases of her eyelids, and used Stila Jezebel (copper colored) on the lids. Then she had MAC Charismatic lipstick on her lips, and either MAC Coppertone or Blushbaby on her cheeks -- I can't remember which. I tried the whole look, and it looked fantastic -- natural and coppery(I'm about an NC43 skin tone).

I haven't been successful in using Blunt as a blush - it's too dark. It's also been too dark used alone as a contour, but it does work well as a contour mixed with Wet'n'Wild Bronzer. The Wet'n'Wild looks about the same shade as Blunt in the package, but is much sheerer, so I get a generous amount of Wet'n'Wild on my contour brush and then very very lightly dip the brush in the Blunt. A perfect contour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Saunagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this blush. I am a NW50 and when I first applied it, I couldn't even see it in the mirror - and it is such a dull matt colour in the packaging that I wondered why I bought it. But when I was out shopping and looked in the mirrors again I looked liked i'd been out in the sun. You have to apply this lightly but it's definitely a keeper = good for contouring too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am about NW45/NC50 so this works on my skin. I rarely use it alone though. Most of the time I use it to tone down a blush I feel may be looking a little too bright. Doubt it would work too well for lighter skin tones. I imagine it could look quite muddy since it is a matte blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 1:26:00 AM More reviews by melikemochi

At a MAC makeover, the MA (who trains the other MAs) used this along with MAC bronzer in bronze to give me an overall bronzey sun-kissed look. I looked SO BEAUTIFUL, my face looked much slimmer and I suddenly had high cheekbones. I bought the blush and after clearly examining my makeup that night, I reluctantly washed everything off and headed to bed. The next morning, I tried to reproduce that look. The effect... awful. It looked WAY too dark for my C4 skin and made my normal sized pores look huge. I can see how it would would look great on darker skintones but for people C4 or lighter, skip this one unless you are a PRO at makeup. I consider myself fairly skilled at makeup application and I could not get this to work for me. ***EDIT 3/6/06 Added 2 lippies and changed repurchase? to a yes. I repurchased this after returning it from my last review. I simply could not find another blush that showed up as effortlessly as this. Others, NARS Orgasm included, showed up but did not seem to give my face anymore structure than it already has. My face is somewhat round and I most would like the effect of higher cheekbones and emphasis of what little "hollow of the cheek" I have. And sure enough I would have that if I dropped 10 lbs but until I find that motivation, Blunt will do. =) This blush CAN work for you if you do so carefully. You need a very light hand and a small fluffy brush (I used MAC 109 now, works perfectly). Before the brush I was using was too dense and though it was somewhat small it was not small enough (Baby Cheeks brush) which placed too much blush on too much area. Just a light touch of the brush to the pan and lightly buff onto desired area (you can always add more later). If done correctly this blush can give you model like cheekbones and make your face look much slimmer. I looks GREAT with MAC Bronze Bronzer. Give this a try if you are willing to work with it! Oh, and about my face looking spotchy and it emphasizing my pores, you need a SMOOTH surface to work with (I was applying it without anything underneath) so use powder or foundation underneath to solve problem. **EDIT#2 10/8/06: Still loving this blush. It is my FAVORITE most reached for blush!! Would definitely repurchase.I compared blunt to format and format is definitely more orangey/peachy brownish for a freshier look of youth. As for contouring, it shapes your cheekbones and slims the face just as well as blunt. Blunt is more a dark pinkish reddish brownish and gives a much older more sophisticated and much much sexier look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 4:29:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

GGG NC45

This is a flat reddish brown blush that looks muddy on me even when applied with a light hand using a skunk brush. MAC needs to improve the package on their blushes, the clear top always fall out of mine and this one too.

The good news is that I have found other uses for this, so all isn't :
1. matte brown eyeshadow base that doesn't crease or fade on my oily lids.
2. contouring product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2005 8:05:00 PM More reviews by numoonbeam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful natural, sunkissed color on the apples of (my NC45/NW40)cheeks; or great for creating the illusion of higher cheekbones as a contour colour in the hollows of cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2005 10:11:00 AM More reviews by grouch

careful as this can make your face look dull and muddy looking. It is quite a heavy product on the skin so a little goes a long way. If your skin is already on the dull side then this will not help as it'll just make it look dark and gloomy rather than deep and vibrant. Nethertheless, on the right skin this is potentially a nice exotic matte blusher.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jinxcat

I like thsi color. It can be used for many things. I like the contouring effects. I am a LOLA so this is perfect for my skin color. It can look muddy if applied incorrectly, it took a couple of tries. The key IS a good brush as is the case in applications of any kind. I like it because it makes me look tanned without the bad effects of the sun. I think with practice this may be a holy grail...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good shade for countoring in dark or very tanned skin. I have to agree with some of the other comments...if you apply this shade the wrong way, it can look very muddy and just WRONG! You need the right brush and you need to start very light and then build up.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by prettiedup

I won't wear this as a blush, too dark on my olive skin. So I'm using it as an eyeshadow. Nice, neutral brown shade. It works well enough.