November 22, 2014 | 1894 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by keara0321

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best foundation that I tried so far.. I have an oily acne prone skin and this foundation is very light....so far no acne and it kept my face fresh and oil free for long hours. You don't have to reapply! I always used the full coverage foundation but this one does the job!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by missrose333

I know a girl who wears Mary Kay foundation, and her skin is flawless - so I wanted to try this foundation. I ordered it in the lightest colour, Ivory 100, and tried it out.

Pros
- Soft to touch
- Good coverage
- Not much product is needed

Cons
- Too orangey for my skin; I like the porcelain look, but it gave me a bit of a tan, definitely a no-no
- Also, the oil-control is great and matte for a while, but by the end of the school day, it's looks like a greasy mess - yech

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by kaishodge

Let me just say that I am a makeup maven and I will try anything once. I have had success with MK products such as Even Essence Complexion and Mary Kay Mascara so upon being urged, I decided to try the foundation. I am African American and I have a middle complexion. A cross between caramel and milk chocolaty so I am neither light nor dark skinned.

I have a terrible time finding a foundation match. I was persuaded to try MK foundation. I was told it is self transforming and it effortlessly blends to the right tone upon application. Well initially I tried it and it seemed to blend seamlessly. I thought I finally found a matching foundation hallelujah? Boy was I wrong.

I went out one night wearing MK foundation and took some pictures. When I ever saw my complexion in those photos I wanted to die of embarrassment. My face had a zombie like unevenness and the tell tale "my foundation sucks" halo around my hair line. I was so annoyed that I spent $15 for the kind of coverage I could get from drugstore makeup!

To make matters worse I tried to return it and my consultant but she insisted that it was a match and didn't take it back! I was bulls$it! Since then I have learned my lesson. After a certain age just go to the department store and be done with the cutting corners and nonsense.
I went to Clinique and found a proper luminous match with their Even Better Foundation. If you are medium-brown like me think twice about MK foundation. It rarely matches and makes you ashy and sick looking. ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lea2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this product for about a week, but so far I absolutely LOVE IT! I was afraid of my skin drying out or breaking out because of what others had reviewed, but by just using Nivea Creme moisturiser before applying the foundation, I have yet to see any problems with this! I'm still wary that this product is too good to be true because years of trying more pricey department store foundations/powders has taught me to be doubtful of a product's long-term results, but it looks like my search for a good foundation may have come to an end! Medium Coverage leaves my face smooth and radiant, and I have worn it for over 12 hours at a time with no complaints. This is my first time purchasing Mary Kay foundation, and I will be buying this as soon as I run out. If I have any issues with this later on, I will be sure to update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a Mary Kay consultant quite a few years ago and I must say, giving all the bloop you hear about Mary Kay, that they have always had very good products. I used the Day Radiance cream foundation for many years, but found it was drying my skin a bit. It is a very excellent foundation, though, and fully covers and lasts all day and looks awesome.
This medium cover foundation I am trying is Ivory 100 which is a perfect match for my fair skin. I am using this in normal/comb - and I find it is beautiful over my
EL Daywear Plus moisturizer that I always use. I always use (just about) the Deser Bloom powder blusher over my foundations (I have tried many!) and the Hazelnut eye shadow. If I am really wanting to do a good job, I put just a bit of Merle Norman mineral foundation over this, and then just a tiny bit of Merle Norman cream blush. This is a very nice combination.
As I have said before, whatever you hear about Mary Kay, they have beautiful and very good products with excellent color choices, I am no longer a MK consultant, but still use many of their products. I use many different foundations, and I like this one, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sweetmonique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great, must apply quickly, does not come off leaving brown streaks on whoever you hug. The color matches my difficult to match complexion, great for people with acne because it stays on all day and controls the oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by renijp

I dont like this foundation at all, but still use it anyways, when i don`t want to unecesserelly spend my expensive foundations (i.e. to go to the grossery store or go give my classes).
Pros of this foundations:
- trully gives medium coverage with a very thin layer of product.
- gives a matt finish that doens`t require powders, and i have never ever used foundation without powder before (combo skin in a tropical brazilian north east coast weather here)

Cons:
- I can`t get passed this thick, cakey texture.
- With this foundation the skin looks and feels like I have a zilion layers of dead skin needing to exfoliate. It looks thick and blotchy and cakey, specially around the nose
- It clogs pores a little bit
- It looks from good to average
- It control oil very very nicely for about 4-6 hours, but when the face starts to shine on the forehead, it looks yucky thick and grease...

I think the worst is the texture bordering the cheap-o look and a HUGE difference is seen when i use a high end foundation after this. I really don`t see any reason AT ALL to a woman buy drugstore foundation. I think that 42 to 58 dolars for a every day use item like a foundation is considerably fair, even if i don`t like to pay that much neither. Save on a fast food 3 times and you`ll diet a bit and buy yourself a nicer foundation. I`m only using it because my Armani, YSL and Dior are all almost over and they`re not sold here where i live, so i`m waiting a friend to import them.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by maayah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is combination, and tends to get quite oily in summers. I used this foundation in shade 404, close to MAC NW 35. This is really drying on my skin even after applying moisturizer and I could see like white patches on my face 2 mins after applying this. Also it looks quite orangey on me. I have pinkish undertones and this did not work for me. Its quite cheap but I think my skin just doesn't like cheap products. :-( I m back to EL (shell beige).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by msbarbeebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation for a few years and i liked it but i always noticed that it made my skin super dry!! its probably because i would use the Normal to Oily skin, and im more on the dry side. I have now retired from this and moved on to a better foundation but i would go back to this if i had to. All in all, its okay, it didnt break me out which is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I personally love this foundation. I use 400 and 402 right now. 402 is for the summer.
This is great for sheer-medium to full coverage. You can build it up nicely. I like that it does control oil for me. No other foundation has ever done that, even if it said it would. I also like that it's a nice satin matte finish. Apart from that, it lasts all day for me. I recently went to Six Flags, CA in 100 degree Fahrenheit with it and it lasted all day, with some wear and tear of course but it still remained with good coverage. I also love that it doesn't break me out. =)
I'd def repurchase.