September 18, 2014 | 2012 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Naturally Glossy Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I almost forgot how much I love this mascara. First of all, I'm not an eye makeup junkie. Most days, I only throw on mascara, and I don't want it looking fake and clumpy. I very much prefer that it not look like I'm wearing anything at all. That being said, I do have a pretty nice collection of unused DS and GWP mascaras, so I don't buy mascaras all that much. Last weekend I went to the Clinique counter for Quickliner and there was a really good GWP offer, and I decided to pickup a tube of Naturally Glossy because I used to buy it when I was in high school, but quit when I decided my mascara collection was too big. And wow... I'm in love all over again. The most amazing thing about this stuff is that it never clumps or flakes. Never. Your lashes always feel separated and light. It gives me just the perfect amount of length and definition, yet keeps my lashes feeling super soft and natural. You'll truly see why it is called Naturally Glossy while you're putting it on because there's zero tug, even when applying multiple coats. Keep in mind, this is definitely not the mascara for you if you want great volume and/or length (there are good mascaras listed on this site that get bashed because most think that all mascaras should make your lashes look voluminous and super long, even though it isn't what that particular mascara is supposed to do). This is a great everyday mascara for someone who values simplicity. The tube design is nothing to get excited about, as it is just a plain silver tube, but it adds to the simplicity. I kinda wish the brush was a tiny bit bigger, but I suppose that would take away from the simple gloss effect. Overall, this may be my favorite mascara ever, but I'm stopping short of waving the HG banner because I've always felt that mascara (unlike foundations or moisturizers, which can take you years to find one that works for your skin) should generally change with your mood, no matter what the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lemontwirlgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a HG product for me, I find that it is similar to the lashblast mascara (in the orange tube) it is a bit more expensive than the lashblast, but it makes my lashes look long, curled, separated, and full all at the same time and my lashes NEVER look clumpy, flaky or spidery when I wear this mascara. It is also very gentle. Definitely worth the few extra buck$.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by speedracer280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for years. Every once in a while I'll get too lazy to go to a Clinique counter and end up buying other brand mascara, which just further confirms my love for this stuff. It's not waterproof, but I don't really *need* that, and so it's not worth it for me to have to get special makeup removers. This mascara comes off easily with my face wash at the end of the day. It goes on smooth, never clumps. My lashes look long, but natural. I curl my lashes every day and have never had problems losing the curl after applying this. Definitely my HG mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jayess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really really natural lashes, however I found that it doesn't hold curls that well... however maybe pairing it with a primer may help. Doesn't smudge throughout the day either

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by illinibeauty07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for about 2 or months, I absolutely love it. It separates and defines my lashes very well. I use it for my daily mascara because I want them to look natural almost if I wasn't wearing any mascara. If you're are looking for something that looks natural this is the product for you. I wear it in black and it good for my hair and skin color but if you have light hair and skin I would suggest the brown. I will definitely be buying this again. It is a bit pricey but still cheaper than most high end mascaras, so I really don't mind the price because it does what I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

I like this mascara it doesn't clump my lashes together. It really defines my lashes and fans them out. However, I've found that through out the day my lashes seem to lose volume. Not sure I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally, a mascara I can wear! My eyes are incredibly sensitive to eye products, and this mascara is the only one I have ever worn that does not irritate on contact. Perhaps its the gel formula? I dunno, I would credit Clinique but their other mascaras do make my eyes water.

Anyway, formula is thin and weightless, not too watery and really easy to apply. I LOVE the brush. My lashes are already quite long and decently think, so the real benefit for me from this mascara is the darkening of my light colored lashes. Very very natural. There is very little different between Jet Black and Jet Brown, though the black probably is a bit more defining.

My HG, will buy again, and again, and again...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the few mascaras I've repurchased. My biggest mascara complaint is clumping. I have weird crisscrossed lashes that turn into three huge lashes with the first swipe of mascara.

This stuff has never clumped on me. I've never needed to comb my lashes out, even after several coats.

It doesn't give much length or volume but it dramatically darkens lashes. If you are looking for a false lash look you are not going to get it with this mascara. If you are looking for a trouble free, work day mascara this is awesome value for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lxb87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best mascara I have tried - absolutely no clumps, ever. My eyelashes are quite long anyway, and this naturally enhances them. Does a nice job separating them and darkening them. I'm impressed that in two tubes, I've yet to have a clump with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by knh86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG mascara. No clumps, no flaking, no smudging. I use this for my everyday look. I have pretty thick and long lashes naturally (yea, I know, hate me) so this just makes them look that much better. This is a "natural" look mascara though, so if you want big impact, this is not for you. I've bought this at least 5 times and will continue to do so. Love, love, LOVE!