Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 10/21/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dickinson's Witch Hazel isn't any different from the no-name witch hazel you can get in the first aid aisle of your local drugstore. The only difference is that it costs more. Save your money.

Edit: I never thought I would repurchase this witch hazel, because it costs so much more than the no-name brand for the same product. However, I was in the health food store and saw a tiny bottle of this for less than $1.00 dollar. It's the perfect size for my medicine cabinet and works great for traveling. It's just as cheap as buying one of those empty travel containers, except this actually contains product! And when it's empty I can always refill from the larger no-name brand bottle. While I still think the large bottle is overpriced, I've added a lippie for this excellent tiny sized gem.

on 9/27/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is really AMAZING! O_O
This is one of the products that really help to reduce the amount of my pimples and acne. I think the only downside was the smell. But, will go away after 5-10 seconds. Really affordable as well. It really removes all the residue in my skin that my facial wash didn't remove. A must have for everyone and every skin type! I Love This!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've bought quite a few bottles of this, even have a backup at home. The smell is weird, but I can get past that. It's about $5 or $6 for a big (compared to other toners) bottle at Wal-Mart. My favourite thing do with this is add tea tree oil to help with breakouts. Also, during the day if my skin is getting oily, I'll use this and my skin feels refreshed. Overall, it's a great natural (?) toner for a great price.

on 9/17/2013 10:55:00 AM

m just using cetaphil as face wash and this as toner. Wow! I wasat first hesitant to buy this but when I started using it and tonight's been my third day, all my breakouts are gone.i can't believe something this cheap would really be able to clear my skin up in no time. I think I'm gonna purchase more of this when I run out.thank God :)

on 9/9/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is really fantastic if you have normal to oily skin with complexion issues dealing with acne or dark spots. Otherwise, it BURNS US.
I used it once in the morning and once before going to bed every day for about 10 days. I have a super sensitive nose, as in I can't have garbage sitting in my house for more than a day without getting a migraine, so the scent was a little too much for me. That being said, I definitely did see an improvement in my overall complexion rather quickly. I have about 5 days of much better looking skin with smaller pores and an overall glow to my skin that was amazing. But then around day 10 I noticed my face felt awful, like almost chapped all over. It hurt to laugh or even talk at points. I suspected it was something to do with the Witch Hazel so I stopped using it and used a moisturizing mask made from Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense Hydration Whatevermajig about 2 times a day for 3 days until I had my face back to normal. Long story short, I have absurdly dry skin and this made it so much worse when I used it as recommended. I could see possibly cutting back to once a day and not having an issue, but I won't be trying that for quite some time. But all of that said, I do really think it can works miracles for folks leaning towards the oily side of the face texture spectrum. Dry skin? Use with caution.

on 9/7/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used many toners in the past, loreal, Clinique, neutrogena, Olay witch hazel does not even come close to this one... So far this toner has been the best I've used, it cleans and freshens your skin so effectively. I don't get a tight feeling, or feel dry after applying. The smell is a bit strange I admit, but it doesn't bother me at all, it goes away fast. Plus I'm used to putting all kinds of treatments in my face that I don't really mind. I was a fan of Cliniques 3 step system but I wanted to find something more affordable for my daily skin routine, this toner has an awesome price. I also use Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and its an awesome product as well.

on 9/5/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've started to use Witch Hazel again after finding this same bottle in our cabinet. I have fewer break outs and the smell doesn't bother me. Yea i still have at least one blemish once in a while, but the witch hazel helps with redness so its not a big deal. I have oily skin and it has helped so much to not have that extra shine. I always apply it after washing my face and after i use my face lotion on a cotton ball or application sponge. Or before i put makeup on. So if you have OILY skin or REDNESS TRY IT !!!

on 9/5/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this at Walmart (Dickinson's brand) for $4 for a large bottle after reading the stellar reviews. I've honestly used it for six days now and I can notice a difference in my skin.

Though my complexion has mostly cleared up (especially around my forehead/eyebrows/hairline), my skin has definitely softened and feels a lot smoother than the last time I can remember.

It doesn't dry out my skin or smell all that bad personally. I apply some onto a cotton pad and apply it all over my face and neck after washing my face with either my Neutrogena face wash or with my tub of raw honey from Trader Joes. After using the witch hazel as a toner, I apply a spot treatment and very little of my Olay moisturizer all over my face, both morning and night.

So far, so good.

on 9/2/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been able to clear my skin and foundation is no longer necessary. I can now go with only powder but chose not too. Im sooo used to my foundation routine. Witchhazel has def cleared up my skin and i occasionally get a spot here and there. The smell is not the best but you will get use to it after a while. I def recommend this product

on 8/22/2013 2:14:00 AM

I actually have used the one from Target, it's way cheaper, $1.97 (16 FL OZ.)! Basically, it does work but it seriously purges your skin if it has tons of clogged pores like from heavy makeup over the years. My skin just broke out in tiny bumps along temples and jawline at first and then they grew to horrible and painful bumps. At first I thought I was allergic to it but turns out this is what is supposed to happen. Problem is that while I applied it morning and night, it felt nice on the skin, the smell does not bother me at all, probably due to the fact that I'm so used to disinfecting breakouts with alcohol and that really stinks! So while the hazel did not irritate my skin as I applied it, the reaction of my skin to it was too much to handle and my family was not too pleased with the results (my mom even said to me in disgust, "I don't even recognize your face anymore", so after 1 month and a half and 1 used-up bottle, I stopped. However, on the last night I began to notice an area of my skin, probably 2 inch square, completely clear, pore-less, and no more of my usual tiny bumps. This is when I realized that witch hazel does work, but the time it takes to clear the skin varies for everybody depending on the severity of clogged pores one has. For the time being I have switched to baking soda and water mask, and that works without the embarrassing and painful purging, but I need to be careful not to over do it to avoid possible irritation to my skin. So when I do have the time at least after my internship, I will return to witch hazel, which will help to finally clear my skin completely and continue to use it to prevent new breakouts from forming (then I'll give this product all 5 lippies)! Good Luck! :)

Popular Face Skincare Products