October 23, 2014 | 1968 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by DanaCheryse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about using witch hazel as a toner. I have normal/oily acne prone skin. I stopped using it many year ago because I thought it was pointless. I was wrong. I started using the Boscia toner but my friend suggested using witch hazel. I instantly fell in love. My skin has never felt so smooth. It has definitely helped to decrease the number and intensity of my break outs. If you're acne prone or just want to make your skin clearer I would look into this. For $5 (USD) it's worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by itsjackiebella

Witch hazel astringent is made from the leaves and bark of a North American shrub called Hamamelis virginiana. For centuries, witch hazel has been used for medicinal purposes. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.

For skincare, it can ben used to treat acne, bug bites, cuts & scrapes, diaper rash, eczema, ingrown nails, psoriasis, razor burns, and more. It can also be used as a facial toner to cleanse and minimize the appearance of pores. Witch hazel is basically a multipurpose astringent with many benefits.

Iíve been using witch hazel as a toner for many years and absolutely love it! After washing my face, Iíll put some witch hazel on a cotton round and apply it all over my face before moisturizing (morning and night). It leaves your face feeling very clean without drying out your skin. It takes off any dirt, impurities, or makeup residue that was left behind that my normal cleanser didnít remove.

Sometimes when Iím trying out new skincare products and stray from the witch hazel, Iíll notice that my skin isnít as smooth and my complexion isnít as clear as usual. Once I switch back to the witch hazel, my skin seems to return to normal.

Hope everyone found this content informative and useful! All questions, comments, and feedback are welcome.

For more product reviews, please visit www.itsjackiebella.com

Thanks for reading!! :)

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Motoxette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had always heard about witch hazel never truly knowing what it was. For some reason always associating it with alcohol so I avoided it. Then I happened to read about it and decided to try some of the Dickinson's. It was on sale at Walgreens. They had the gentle formula. Tried it out and LOVED it. Good lord, why wasn't I using this years ago? Oh yeah, I thought it would dry out my face. I don't have oily skin, it is on the dry side and this did NOT dry out my skin. This gets every last trace of makeup off my face. Sometimes I will use it and then rinse my face afterwards if I don't want the residue left on my face. Not saying that it's bad, at all. Just that I do use a lot of products on my skin and after it has done it's job on my face, which is getting every last trace of anything off of it, I usually rinse it off. I just feel like I was missing out all these years not knowing about this product. Oh well, better late then never. I went back to the Walgreens store and bought all they had. Can't live without it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this 3 times already. I keep going back to this one. I recently bought the simple toner, but it just isn't as good. A must need in every girl's routine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Every single morning and night I use this! This works great with my acne regimens. . Also it feels good to use a natural toner as my moisturisers and serums aren't so I guess I feel less like I'm caking the chemical stuff on.

It's a toner, a good prep before your important stuff; serums and moisturizers.

The only thing that I didn't like about this product is the potent smell!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that works FANTASTIC but then totally slaps you in the face and says "I hate you now." My skin is oily to very oily depending on my activity level, weather and season. My oil production progessively increases from Tzone to all over my face and by 5pm, I have this veil of oil that I can't wait to wash off. My skin actually craves something strong like this and if feels good using witch hazel to remove the layer of oil. I started off loving this product but after using it daily it dried my skin up so much that it looked like a piece of leather. It sucked every bit of oil from my face which I assume for my oily skin would be the point but even us oily skinned girls need some moisture to our skin! After about 5 days, I noticed an increase of pimples popping up and surface redness. My skin look rough and dull as well. I stopped using this and switched back to just using Ponds Cold Cream and my skin looks much better now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by SRO522

This product has multiple uses and it's super inexpensive. Great value for the money. It's great as an astringent on ones face. I apply it right before I put on my daily moisturizer that goes on under make up. This is also a fantastic make up remover. When my children get bee stings, this is also what I use to ease their pain. My mother claimed that this was the key to her smooth, unwrinkled skin throughout her life.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Rachybabe33

I don't know if I really like this product or not. I started using it at the beginning of winter and my skin began to look greasier which was odd because winter is usually drying on the skin. It does smell like cigarettes to me but if it were a great product I could overlook that. It made no difference to my breakouts and I think my skin improved as I stopped using it. Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Pburns

This product is great! It gets all of my face makeup off and helps dry up little zits I get on my t-zone. The only thing unpleasant about this product is the smell! It smells like garlic bread! Yuck! But the scent doesn't linger on the skin and it doesn't irritate my skin so I can use it morning, and night if I feel necessary (which I hardly ever do.) I recommend this product to people with oilier skin, and to people who can tolerate the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by missanonymous168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my shiz! My skin is very oily and acne prone since moving to NYC. I don't mind that it has a little bit of alcohol in it, I appreciate it's drying powers because it helps keep my oily face shine free during the day! Moving to NYC made my skin crazy, it hasn't stopped breaking out until I moved out of NYC. This product has made a significant contribution to my acne's improvement. Great price, big bottle with lots of product, AND it's actually effective? Try it. Also: Google "witch hazel uses"