Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 4/5/2013 1:25:00 PM

Im onto my third jar of this & obviously im a fan. The consistency is thick yet it is not greasy when applied. It works great on my skin as I am usually very sensitive around my eyes, however this does not irritate me in the slightest. My eyes look alot brighter & more supple due to this baby doing its job. My only critique is the jar, not very hygienic in my eyes >.< & a battle to reach the end part of the product.

on 4/3/2013 8:37:00 PM

I usually LOVE kheils products and I really wanted this cream to be my eyecream because it seems good but every time I use it I get acne around my eyes and white spots on my eyes..I think it is just a bit to heavy and clogs pores or something. Usually their creams work well for me I use the d'elegence moisturizer and the line reducing concentrate. I have combination skin and quite dry skin but prone to breakouts

on 3/18/2013 3:59:00 PM

Over 40 dehydrated dry lines use this. I've used sheshido, dr Brandt, skII , actually all of them. Only this and bobbi brown extra rich keep my eyes hydrated ..

on 3/14/2013 11:16:00 PM

I had a reaccuring dry flaky spot under one eye and this got rid of it in 2 applications, so I was very excited. Initially. Turns out I traded a dry spot on one eye, for horrible milia/red bumps under BOTH eyes. Keep in mind, I'm extremely sensitive and cannot use any eye creams because I always have this same reaction. This review is only to say that this eye cream is no different from others to me. If you have issues with milia, or breaking out with eye creams, do NOT think this one will be any different. I put it on for the first time Monday morning and had my first bump by wednesday night. Thursday night, both eyes were surrounded. Not for people sensitive to eye creams.

on 3/8/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased this in the US. So it was relatively priced. The cream is a thick creamy texture and it was still the same texture in winter. It is a good eye moisturiser. It is not a wrinkle cream just a moisturiser for dry skin. I have used this in winter and summer time and I dont have any complains about it.

on 2/22/2013 1:01:00 AM

this feels no different from applying my daily / nightly moisturizer under my eyes. as far as i can tell, there are no special properties (such as anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, depuffing) to set this apart from a normal moisturizer. the consistency is thick but goes on easily and doesn't cause milia. my biggest gripe is that it some times seems to cause my eyes to feel tired / dry about 10 minutes after application. i only apply this right before bed so it's not a massive inconvenience, but i do wonder if it could be slightly harmful to my eyes. overall, meh product. i got a sample packet which has lasted me about a month (you only need the smallest amount each use) but will not be purchasing the full size when i'm done.

on 2/20/2013 4:07:00 PM

Very very moisturizing eye cream. I was experiencing extreme dryness around my eyes this winter and this saved me. I tried layering eye creams and oils at night and tried eye serums along with eye creams. While it didn't increase the number of fine lines that I was developing, the dryness didn't go away. But this product saved the dryness in my eye area. I noticed a lot of reviews that this product is hard to blend in, and I agree. But this product doesn't need to be blended, and I don't think it is formulated for blending. I dot on quite a lot of the product around my eye areas, leave it on for like 10 seconds and then lightly tab in into the skin. Within 5 seconds of tabbing, the thick creamy formula changes the texture into something watery that keeps the eye area very hydrated. It leaves a thing layer of the product, but it is not irritating or oily. II sometimes put some oil on top at night. In morning time, it helps the eye make up goes smoother as well. Yet, I wouldn't give a full five star, cuz it didn't improve the amount of fine lines I see on my eyes. It is still there, but less noticeable due to the hydration it provides though.

on 2/15/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 3

Price: 2 ($35/0.5 oz)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry to bring down the ratings guys, but hear me out. I am new to Kiehl's, but I am so far in love with the brand. I got a sample of the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado to try out when I bought the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion (love this! Buy it!) and I thought it would be a great replacement for my beloved Clinique All About Eyes Rich, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Packaging:

Packaging isn't a huge factor for me, so I don't care that it's in a plain looking white tub; very standard looking. All eye creams are packaged this way.

Performance:

Ok, so here's where this cream baffles me. I LOVE the texture; it's smooth, creamy, but spreads easily, so it's quick to apply. Upon first contact, the cream feels very rich and it absorbs quick, maybe about 3 mins and then eye makeup application can commence. I initially found that it hydrated my under eye area decently (much like Clinique All About Eyes Rich), but when I got to about halfway through my day (I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital) I noticed my under eye area starts to feel dry. At the end of my shift when I get home, my eyes definitely look dry.

I normally have oily skin, and the under eye area is probably the ONE dry area I have, so I need to have a cream that hydrates. I tried to play around with it, like applying more, but I always found that the moisture didn't last.

So, all that said and done, I love Kiehl's, but I just didn't love this eye cream, so I'm going to have to take a pass.

Well I'm a little bummed out MUA. I got this based on the good reviews here! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

It didn't blend in properly. It was just so thick that it wouldn't spread. It also didn't hydrate much and it somehow caused a zit under my eye. That's a first. This is not a repurchase for me.

on 1/29/2013 8:32:00 PM

I have some little, almost invisible, bumps on my dark circles under my eyes and they are bothering me. I heard of this product from a friend, who says it's great so I thought I should give it a try. It turned out pretty good! I have been using it for around a week and i can feel the skin around my eyes smoother and the bumps are gradually disappearing. I have never used any other eye creams before but this one is doing a great job since my dark circles are going away too! I use it morning and night as the last step of my skincare. The only downside is that it is difficult to scoop out using the lid and I don't like my fingers going in and touching the whole thing. But I can still manage. Will definitely repurchase!!