April 20, 2014 | 1620 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Stripperiffic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Background Info: I have a weird skin type. I'm very dry. My skin gets dry patches around the sides of my face and on my cheeks. But come summer time, my t-zone becomes extremely oily and similar to combination skin. I'm prone to the occasional pimple, usually related to PMS or clogging makeup products (I have an awful habit of falling asleep with my makeup still on). I'd say my skin type is basically combo - dry.

When I go hunting for a face mask, I am always looking for a zit-zapper. This does the trick. Normally an ingredient like sulfur would dry me out like no other, but since I use this as an actual face mask once a week (immediately moisturizing afterwards) this isn't a problem for me. Every other day, I use this as a spot treatment on areas where I'm breaking out or prone to breaking out. For existing pimples, they shrink quicker, disappear faster, and are less likely to scar. For areas where I feel a break out coming on, it prevents them all together.

It's affordable and I buy it in the tub packaging so I can get the most out of the product. I use it very frequently. It has lasted me 3 months and I have about half the tub left. With frequent use, I'd say one tub is good for 6 months. I'd definitely repurchase, but I only recommend it for those who do well with sulfur.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Mimielle

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is amazing stuff if you have oily skin or large pores. I've become too dry to use it on my face, neck and d├ęcolletage but I still really love it for body and pedicure. I also think it's the best budget mud or masque for men, no flowery scent or pink goo :D

It's a strong clay so not good for delicate areas or dry skin, otherwise, mask weekly as part of your facial or body care and enjoy!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

From one use i always wake up with brighter, less red skin which i love but it always gives me alot of tiny very sebum-y breakouts that take weeks to get over, they literaly covered my whole chin area, a bit of my cheeks, my forehead, and my nose! at first i thought it was me and that my skin was just turning terrible but after not using this anymore and giving myself aspirin+honey masks several times a week my skin calmed down and now looks great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second bottle of this and I love it. At first it kind of burns when you put it on but it goes away after about a minute and then it feels amazing. It leaves a kind of strange smell on your skin afterwards but it works so well that I can easily overlook it. It doesn't dry out your skin in fact it moisturizes pretty well. It does help clear my acne and its fun to do. I do it with my friends and they love it too! I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

This has to be one of the worst masks I've ever tried. I, too, am surprised when I read the rave reviews...but then again, everyone's skin is different. At the time I tried it, mine was very oily and breakout prone. I was looking for something to reign it in. This made my breakouts worse. By the following morning, my skin was pissed at me. I have since learned to read and research all ingredients. This product doesn't really contain anything (AHA, BHA, BP, sulfur) that is actually going to garner a positive impact on acne. Given it's ridiculously low price, I would also be wary about the quality of the other ingredients. Any way you look at it, this unfortunately did not work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Qinni

Well, after reading all these WONDERFUL reviews here on MUA, I decided to go and buy some. I live in Toronto, and Sally's Beauty supply carries these for around 8 bucks in pretty big...jars? plastic containers? well, they looked big to me anyways.

I have these tiny blackheads on my nose that really ticks me off and recently started looking for a way to get rid of them, and stumbled across this product. (i also have combination skin - oily t-zone and normal-dry cheeks)

Unfortunately, this did not live up to ANY of these claims here. If anything, I think my blackheads looked even more prominent after using this mask. Maybe it's because I left it on for 45 minutes instead of the 15 as instructed? Upon initial application, my skin felt this burning sensation that kind of freaked me out a little, but I decided to sit it out.

Super super disappointed. I think the only good thing about this is how cheap it is. I think I'll stick to my DMC mask - at least that one made my blackheads disappear for a night, and it's a lot more moisturising as well, even if it's 3 times more expensive.

Overall - my skin feels a little too dry after using this. Maybe i can store this and use this for summer time....
Price - nice and cheap...but for me it feels like it was still not worth the money. I guess my skin just doesn't appreciate this product like everyone else here.
Would I buy this again? - probably not....maybe I'll try again when my face is super oily or something. If it works next time, I'll do an update.

two lippies cause I felt really disappointed....i guess this just didn't work for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by angelitaaguila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Again for the price your getting an amazing product. For 3-4 bucks obviously your not getting gold but its pretty darn good for what it does. The claims aren't too high so that's a really good point because it doesn't make you expect much and I love the fact that the claims are true. This is just a really light mask for someone who doesn't have too much heavy duty problems. I use it once a week when I just want to relax while watching tv. I used to use Toothpaste and it targets the came issue to dry pimples. So this mask is way cheaper than going through tubes and tubes of toothpast plus its formulated especially for the face so you cant go wrong with this product.

Just don't rely on this on your only skin care items. Follow with toner like witch hazel and eye creams and everything else such as cleansers. Don't expect to much of a product. Do research on what its main target is.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Lenale

The mask makes my skin feel so tight, fresh, and clean after washing it off. Besides that, the other claims on the label doesn't match my experience. This mask can be quite drying if used frequently, I like to limit my usage to once a week. Overall, great price, I just don't think I will stick to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by KBru

I use this for spot treatment more than an overall mask. It's great for drying out larger pimples but it can be drying and I have not noticed any difference when used on blackheads but I generally do not use this product for that concern.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by thisisnothollywood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did nothing for my acne, blackheads or pores... it smelt nice but after I washed it off it really dried my skin out. Its okay maybe once every few weeks just for a nice mask, but thats about it.