BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 7/3/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

benefit says lemon aid is a color correcting eyelid primer.
The website goes on to say:
"Our soft, lemon yellow cream helps to hide redness and discoloration on your eyelids. In a snap, eyes look refreshed, frisky, and ready for fun."
"what else you need to know - Can be worn with or without eye makeup."

I was just getting back into wearing makeup and this was recommended to me by a benefit SA and gullibly i bought it. On first application on my eyelids it made my eyes look brighter. But it didn't take long before it slid into my creases. A later attempt to put eye makeup over it just made a smeary mess.

lemonaid certainly didn't work as a primer, and it was only good at hiding discoloration for a rather brief time before it slid around on my lids. All in all, this product is great for about 15 minutes, but beyond that it is an utter failure, a complete waste of money.

on 7/3/2011 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The benefit package says:
"lemon aid - color correcting eyelid primer"
This just might be the reason some people think it is an eyelid primer.
The website goes on to say:
"what else you need to know - Can be worn with or without eye makeup."

lemonaid certainly didn't work as a primer -- which it is called both on benefit's website and on the product package -- and it was only good at hiding discoloration for a rather brief time before it slid around on my lids. All in all, this product is great for about 15 minutes, but beyond that it is an utter failure. It is a complete waste of money.

on 6/30/2011 6:56:00 PM

I was disappointed with this product. The actual coverage of the concealer was great, but it creases almost immediately on my lids. The packaging completely fell apart. The compact broke in half, the top part with the mirror no longer fits together anymore. I got it cheap, thank God I surfed eBay before paying the full whopping price for it. Not worth the purchase, will definitely not be repurchasing.

on 6/28/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Lemon aid is very yellow and not creamy, more like sticky. This works really well on eye lids to cancel out dark colours to make them look away. The colour of the eyelids are only evened out IF you apply a really thin, even layer and blend it out properly with a synthetic brush, otherwise it will look uneven, will cake and look strange on the eyes. This creases on its own after a couple hours of wear so I have to make sure to check every couple hours if the lemon aid is staying out of my crease, which brings me to another point: it does not work as a base for your eyeshadow if you're looking to have a crease-free makeup.

overall this is okay for making your eyes look bright, but its texture can be hard to deal with.

This product is AMAZING at hiding those horrible dark circles and I am a firm believer that less is definitely more, as too much can make you look cakey. However, be warned if you have oily lids like I do then this product creases terrible; I have to set it with powder.

Eventhough this product is not primarily meant to be used as a primer it does an incredible job at giving your eyeshadow staying power. Which is definitely an added bonus.

As very little of this product is needed, I doubt I will need to repurchase this item in a very long time. It is pricey, but I personally see this product as an investment as it is so versatile and as it lasts forever.

on 6/12/2011 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is not a primer! This is a concealer! For me, at least, it DOES work well as a primer, but that's not the purpose of this -- and the consistency should, I think, make that obvious. Lemon Aid has a nice yellow tone that evens out the purples and blues of tired eyes, especially for such a fair gal as I am. I have used it nearly every day since I bought it. In fact, a lot of the time I don't put anything but this & mascara on my eyes -- it works so well! I've been very pleased with it and I will definitely repurchase when mine runs out. It's lasted forever, though.

on 5/30/2011 8:07:00 PM

I have been using this product since 2000. It works great at hiding under eye circles. I use it everyday, and one package last so long. At 20 bucks a container you cant go wrong.

on 5/18/2011 7:56:00 AM

Amazingly versatile product and beautiful consistency.

I use this every day without fail - on my upper lids and under my eyes to brighten them up after foundation (I don't use any other kind of illuminating concealer under my eyes such as Touche Eclat as I find this is just as good if not better)

Also works well if you're in a rush and just need a little skin brightener - will often dab a tiny bit on my nose or cheeks to even out skintone.

I gave packaging a 2 because the little black product itself isn't too inspiring but its box is very pretty and retro looking. Would never throw away a Benefit box, they're all so kitsch and cute :]

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

People at Benefit Counter sold me this as an e/s primer... definitely it isn't!!!!
It's more of a concealer in case you have blue, purple, etc. on your lids... since I don't, I don't really need it. Actually, it makes me look more yellow, and my skin tone has already strong yellow undertones :s

on 5/17/2011 8:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Arrgh! I just have to say this because it is driving me crazy! Ooookay, people that are using this as an eyeshadow primer and then complaining that it 'creases' and 'doesn't make eyeshadow look better or last longer" you are using this product for the COMPLETELY wrong purpose. There is a reason this product is yellow, in the makeup world yellow, orange and green are used to reduce and correct blue, purple or red discoloration/ purple veiny eyelids/ dark undereye circles etc... the purpose of this product was never and is never meant to be used as an eyeshadow primer/base..
*THE CORRECT WAY TO USE THIS*:::
Take some Lemon-aid and lightly tap it on the dark area under your eye or on your eyelids and ONLY in the area that is discolored (and the trick is to not use to much and make it cakey) THEN apply your usual concealer over the top so it blends in with your skin color. This product is great IF and WHEN it is used for the correct purpose. love it and would buy again

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products