July 24, 2014 | 1169 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by wendytancl94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know who else does this but I actually use this as a toner after I cleanse my face. Makes my thick face creams and all go on so smoothly and adds to the hydration my moisturizer already gives. Been using it for 2 months. My skin improved sooo much after using it as a toner/refreshing mist just after 2 weeks, no more acne, dry spots and tiny bumps all over my face. It's crap as a setting spray though. Makes my incredibly oily skin super oily in just half an hour with my Revlon colorstay foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think Mac's Fix+ is a very confusing product, I was very confused on what it truley did until I bought it. I bought it thinking that this was similar to Urban Decay's All Nighter (which I did purchase later after realizing the Fix+ wasn't what I was looking for) and that this would make my makeup stay on longer, I soon realized it wasn't made for that and my only use for it now is to de-mattify my makeup after I powder. Of course Fix+ still has many uses but I don't use it for those reasons so I don't really know how well it works in those areas, but for a finishing spray it isn't the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by woaifobs

It's not bad but there are a lot of other products that are much more effective in creating a more natural, more airbrushed look. The spray nozzle also doesn't distribute the product evenly on your face. The spray is too concentrated.

This also does nothing for the staying power of your make-up. I'll use what I have but, to potential buyers, I would definitely urge you to look somewhere else for something more cost-effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by jessie5135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product.
I have acne-prone skin with some superficial scarring and so I use high-coverage makeup followed by a powder and have a tendency to look 'powdery'. I find this spray helps to create a more natural finish without compromising coverage.
I haven't found that it contributes to break-outs.

The bottle is convenient to use (handy for travel) and after a bit of practice you can get the hang of knowing how the mist will spray out.
In the world of cosmetics I think the price is reasonable value for the amount of product you receive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by nataliepin

My hope for this product was to give my makeup an airbrushed look and I think it delivers. It prolongs the wear of makeup and feels refreshing to put on. I usually spray it on after primer, then again after all my skin makeup including powder. I don't really like spraying this after I have eye makeup on, there isnt much of a reason for this, I just find that it feels weird for me. I've been using for about 2 years now and it's a holy grail for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure this really prolongs my makeup, but it does give my makeup a very natural finish. It flattens all the layers out, takes away the powdery look, and my skin looks like my skin again. I haven't found another product that works as well as Fix+ when it comes to taking away that heavy, powdery look.

Compared to Skindinavia finishing spray, this does nothing. But as a product that makes your makeup look natural again, this is really great.

One thing that really bothers me about this spray is the scent. It doesn't stink, I actually like the scent, but it's strong! It's like adding perfume or body spray, it's a green tea and cucumber-like scent. I imagine that the scent alone could keep some folks from liking the product.

Actually, one of the things I really like to use Fix+ for is making liquid eyeliner out of pigments or eyeshadows. Fix+ works great for lining and foiling with eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

I thought this product was to help makeup stay on all day?? Don't think it is! From the reviews iv read it just seems to be for making your makeup look less cakey if you wear powder. Was disappointed by this product. Wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this -- not as a setting spray -- but as a dewifier (if that's a word). I will usually spray Evian on my face to bring some dewiness back to my face, or even as a makeup refresher. I bought Mac Fix+ in the travel size to try this out. First, I LOVE the smell. I just spritz it on after applying my makeup. If I'm wearing powder, this will dew it up a bit and I feel fresh. As far as setting my makeup? I'm not sure of that, but this will definitely make your face feel fresh and a bit dewy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

I've had this sprayed sitting in my room for 3 years now and I don't even know if I want to use it anymore.

When I first bought it, I thought it was meant for my makeup to stay so I would spray it after I did my foundation--HUGE mistake! If you wear mineral powdered foundation like I do, this is not your best friend. Rather than making my foundation look even, my foundation came off where the spray hit and it looked like a blotchy mess. It wasn't much better with liquid foundation.

I've also used this before applying makeup and it didn't really do much. The only thing I was left with was a good scent on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I am kind of obsessed with this product right now.
The funny thing is my skin is quite oily in the summer (I am oily combination) but this product does not make me look greesy. I can see why USUALLY people with oily skin should not use this because it creates a dewy effect.
I think everything should be done in moderation, so if you are a person with drier skin then sure keep spraying this all over the face as much as needed. For a person with oily skin or combo skin I suggest only spray this once your face IF NEEDED.
I personally do not like primers because I feel like they just create an additional layer on the skin and make my face look greesy no matter what (even the oil controling ones). I also do not enjoy a complete matte face because it honestly does not look flattering on anyone (sorry).
The reason I like this product so much is because I can moisturize or mattify my face before applying a foundation and then once the foundation is on, if I see my skin looking a bit dihydrated then I spray this product on my face and it makes it look FLAWLESS.
I also spray it over all of my powder foundations to take away the cakiness and chalky feel.
I think it works much better than UD setting spray, but try a few and see what you think of this one.