April 20, 2014 | 1566 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Alexandralouisemoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haved mixed feelings about Fix + by mac. On one hand it has a really nice scent that isn't overpowering and makes your skin feel fresh, however I don't think it did a very good job of setting my makeup. I also tried using it on my brush when applying eyeshadow but I don't think it made more of a difference then using water would have. It is the first setting spray I have used so until I try others I can't compare it's quality! Who knows maybe it could be the best around!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by CoastinOnADream

I realllllly wanted to like this product. The first day I used it I LOVED it. Next day I woke up and had a rash. It burned really bad and even had to stay home from school and go to the dermatologist. My face isn't sensitive, I've never even had a pimple. (Yes it's true.) Maybe it was just my skin, but this definitley not a repurchase.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

This is a great fix for cakey makeup if you know how to use it. Here are some tips:

1. Do not spray too close to your face. It will ruin your makeup.
2. Do not touch your face while it's still wet from the spray.
3. Do not spray more than 4-5 times or else you'll look really oily.

This product could be your best friend as long as you know how to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first i thought this was a makeup setting spray to lock in my makeup all day, but its not really for that. I find it works really well to spray on if i feel im looking a little cakey or if im hot and sweaty and want something to make me feel refreshed. I also heard it's good for spraying on eyeshadows or pigments to make them more vibrant but i dont really wear shadow often. I'm going to try some other setting sprays and see if i can find something better so i probably wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product for sooo long because I've heard such great things about it. I use this as a finishing spray. I really don't think that this is worth around $28 CAN. Sure it makes my skin looks dewy and fresh but only for like 5 minutes until i'm out the door where the windy air comes in contact with my face and dries it up anyway. I only use 2-3 spritz. If I spray more, I can feel the weight of the water on my face which is unsettling. I sprayed it on my brush and applied eyeshadow with this and it does make the colors have more depth, but I get the same result using plain water. I guess the good thing about this product is the packaging, and that it fixes a powdery look. All in all, this hype was a miss for me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like a ton of people, I was skeptical on how this would even make a difference. I sprayed it on my face right after my foundation, and my foundation (Covergirl 3 in 1) made it look weird because it is a completely matte formula foundation, and if the bottle sprayed a bigger sized drop, it would look odd. That's really my only problem with the combo of my current foundation and Fix+! I spray it all over my face before applying makeup and it seems like it helps with my dryness around my nose and other minimal places! I even use it directly after I get out of the shower, it feels sooooo good after a hot shower. ALSO, I can spray the Fix+ on my face with the Covergirl foundation if it's been on for a little bit, and it doesn't make it look so weird. It's so refreshing, and I'd definitely buy again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is an odd one. It's one of those products I didn't know I needed until I used it. I have oily skin, so I tend to gravitate toward products that have a matte finish (especially foundations). However, looking TOO matte means that I look like death, so I use this spray to fix that issue.

First, I love MAC's pump bottles. This one dispenses a very fine mist and you can (sort of) control how much comes out with how much pressure you use. One way to use it is to spray some all over your face before you apply foundation to hydrate your skin before you apply anything on top. Another way is to use a spritz of it to dampen your sponge/brushes before using them to apply / blend / buff in foundation. This will give your foundation -especially matte ones- a more hydrated, skin-like finish.

However, my favorite way of using it is just to use a few spritzes all over my face AFTER applying powder foundations or setting powders so that it takes away that dry, "dusty" look. This is a fantastic way to quickly replicate how your skin / makeup looks after the initial hour of application (when your skin oils kick in to make everything look more natural). The final effect is subtle, but it just makes everything look more natural and less "obvious", if you get what I mean.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro: Set my MAC powder foundation so that it lasted all day.

Con: Gave my skin an instant and enduring shine (esp. in the t-zone area) that even my Ben Nye powders couldn't mitigate. Didn't feel moisturizing, just greasy. So disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It has so many uses, you really get your money worth. Its a great setting spray, I also use it for wet eyeshadow looks which can give you so much more out of a single shadow in itself. highly recommended :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by DeeDeena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it as a prep & finishing spray- It makes your skin look really smooth and your makeup just looks alot better. It's also amazing to use with eyeshadows/pigments. Spray it onto your brush and really get into the eyeshadow. It'll give you an opaque, intense colour payoff & makes your metallic eyeshadows look great. And it makes pigments&glitters stay in place and easy to apply.