September 16, 2014 | 1825 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Foundation brush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2003 4:15:00 AM More reviews by brandywilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first foundation brush, and I'm still looking. I found this one to be *too* soft, leaving streaks and making it near impossible to blend out fully. I had to go over my foundation with a sponge to blend it. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2003 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Pippin

It has taken me a little while to get the hang of this, but I finally have! Not one for using sponges I have always preferred using my fingers to get a more blended look without wasting lots of foundation. This brush makes the application more smooth and natural looking and uses less foundation than you would normally use with fingers. The trick is to use light quick strokes and get ot blended before the make up dries. I dont think I will need to buy another brush in a long time as it seems to be just like new every time I wash it and I think it will last a long time! It does take a little longer to use a brush but the results are worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2003 2:53:00 PM More reviews by dpkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently returned the MAC 190 foundation brush cuz I thought $36 (Can) was too much to spend on an item I don't use everyday. Then I came across The Body Shop's version which at $19.99 (Can)was a steal. Though not as soft as MAC's it is still quite soft. Plus once the brush has foundation on it, it feels the same on the face as the MAC one. The handle is weighted and the synthetic fibers are easy to clean (Tip: Point the brush downward under lukewarm running water. Place 1 drop of baby shampoo and work it into the brush. I find using a plastic fine tooth comb helps to gently seperate the fibers. Rinse under water and repeat until the brush rinses clean. Air dry with the brush horizontal and the bristles over a ledge.) Although using and cleaning a foundation brush seems like a lot of trouble, the results are impeccable. It gives a very sheer translucent application, the impression of perfect skin without the "made up look". I love this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by echonym

This is great brush for the very cheap price. The synthetic bristles are densely packed and pliable, perfect for "painting" on foundation. I am a novice at using foundation brushes and have no trouble at all using this. The handle also has great weight and balance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2002 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Halni

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never tried MAC or Prescriptive's foundation brush, so I can't compare. However, this one from the Body Shop is very soft. Foundation goes on evenly and I definitely use much less foundation than before. a good buy!