The Body Shop Foundation brush

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/12/2003 10:10:00 AM

I agree w/ the last reviewer. The bristles are not firm enough to apply the foundation, leaving streaks all over your face. I should've spent the extra couple dollars for the MAC brush! This is going back to TBS.

This is my first foundation brush, and I'm still looking. I found this one to be *too* soft, leaving streaks and making it near impossible to blend out fully. I had to go over my foundation with a sponge to blend it. Oh well.

on 5/14/2003 8:20:00 PM

It has taken me a little while to get the hang of this, but I finally have! Not one for using sponges I have always preferred using my fingers to get a more blended look without wasting lots of foundation. This brush makes the application more smooth and natural looking and uses less foundation than you would normally use with fingers. The trick is to use light quick strokes and get ot blended before the make up dries. I dont think I will need to buy another brush in a long time as it seems to be just like new every time I wash it and I think it will last a long time! It does take a little longer to use a brush but the results are worth it!

on 3/8/2003 2:53:00 PM

I recently returned the MAC 190 foundation brush cuz I thought $36 (Can) was too much to spend on an item I don't use everyday. Then I came across The Body Shop's version which at $19.99 (Can)was a steal. Though not as soft as MAC's it is still quite soft. Plus once the brush has foundation on it, it feels the same on the face as the MAC one. The handle is weighted and the synthetic fibers are easy to clean (Tip: Point the brush downward under lukewarm running water. Place 1 drop of baby shampoo and work it into the brush. I find using a plastic fine tooth comb helps to gently seperate the fibers. Rinse under water and repeat until the brush rinses clean. Air dry with the brush horizontal and the bristles over a ledge.) Although using and cleaning a foundation brush seems like a lot of trouble, the results are impeccable. It gives a very sheer translucent application, the impression of perfect skin without the "made up look". I love this brush.

on 1/2/2003 10:37:00 AM

This is great brush for the very cheap price. The synthetic bristles are densely packed and pliable, perfect for "painting" on foundation. I am a novice at using foundation brushes and have no trouble at all using this. The handle also has great weight and balance.

on 11/30/2002 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've never tried MAC or Prescriptive's foundation brush, so I can't compare. However, this one from the Body Shop is very soft. Foundation goes on evenly and I definitely use much less foundation than before. a good buy!