July 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by gellypop

I love this powder/foundation. I never wore any kind of makeup on my face besides blush and mascara. However, after reading all the great reviews about this product (especially about keeping oily skin in check and clearing up skin), I had to try it. And I'm glad I did. I like the way it makes my skin look. Even, clear, and not oily. Would definately buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a great foundation. Usually use Jane Iredale, but the cost of that is a bit steep for my everyday foundation. This covers well, and keeps the greasy forehead at bay. The fragrance is a bit much, but = do get used to it. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm in the minority. I did NOT like this stuff. I'm sure for the right skin, it's a dream. I tried it alone, and slightly dusted on top of MN's Luxiva Lasting Foundation. It is so powdery that I decided to return it. I hate a "made up" powdery foundation face. Guess it's the talc, which I believe was the 1st or 2nd ingredient. Not for me. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by citylimits

Been buying this product for over 10 years and will continue. Tried a few different powder foundations over the years, trying to save a couple of dollars or just see what else is out there but I always come back to this. It's the only powder foundation that feels great on my skin but keeps my face looking natural while controlling oil. You get a lot of product for your money and I like the elegant packaging. My face stays looking fresh and I sometimes just add more before I go out at night and it looks good again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

This product is amazing. when i first got it i was afraid that the 'ultra ivory' was going to be too dark/pink for my fairly light complexion with yellow/olive undertones, but once i put it on my face it disappeared. at first it looked a little chalky, but after about 15 minutes it just melted into my skin, creating the most flawless looking coverage. it lasts almost all day, and does help to control oil on my oily forehead. this is by far the best powder foundation i have ever used, and it does not seem to aggravate my acne at all. :-)HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by andrwh1

I used this in high school and stopped only because I became so frustrated with the powder breaking and having to throw it away. However, I recently remembered how much I loved it and decided to try again. Just as before, I love this foundation! Unlike high school, I will not be trying to carry this around in my purse where it will break. This creates a beautiful, natural finish and makes my skin look fantastic! One suggestion - it looks a little too matte and masky right after you apply, but after a few minutes (and some blush) it looks fantastic - don't freak out at first, give it a little time. Strangely enough, it seems to look better the longer you have it on. Oh - and I apply with a kabuki brush, not the sponge - it looks much more natural this way.
UPDATE 7/11/08: I recently went off BC and my skin is torturing me for it, so I needed a little more coverage than the powder foundation. I bought the MN Luxiva Lasting Foundation and these two products are great together! I've noticed some other reviewers saying to stay away from this combination, but my skin is not dry so maybe that helps. I put this on with a powder brush on top of the lasting foundation and the results are beautiful, flawless-looking skin ALL DAY! I may continue to use the two together even after my breakout phase subsides - just makes my skin look so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by rebekahw1

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Luxiva Lasting Foundation + Ultra Powder Foundation have been very effective in controlling my very oily skin and staying matte for hours. See my other review under Luxiva Lasting Foundation.
Rebekah

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Loralin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have only been using this for a few weeks, and all I can say is wow! Thanks to all the great reviews on here, I ran out and bought it. It covers great, and really controls my very oily skin. I am very acne prone, and this has not caused any breakouts so far. The color actually looks darker in the compact than on your skin, which is something different to me. The SA had a hard time trying to get me to understand this, but she is so right. I actually like the powdery scent, but it doesn't last long. The compact is really pretty, a little vintage looking to me, but still nice. I like the sponge also. I will be buying this again, the price for me was around $23, not too bad of price for a foundation that controls oil and covers as well as this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by raeofsunshine

This stuff made my skin breakout and burn !! I went into merle norman and they tried this on me it looked nice so i bought it . I came home and washed my face and the whole side of my cheek was broken out and burnt !!!!!!!!!!! Crap ola

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jenncolby

I love this powder. It has great coverage and good oil controlling properties to it. Better than any other I have tried. It has a smell to it, but I love the smell! It is a soft fragrance. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It is kinda big and white with a gold strip. I'm only 27 and feel like I'm carrying around the compact of a 60 year old. I wish they would make it smaller. For this reason I tried smashbox, just b/c I loved the packaging. But the color was too yellow and the staying power just wasn't there. So back to my Merle powder. It also says on the box that it has minerals in it, which are suppose to be good for your skin. Will continue to purchase, b/c this is the only powder I ever got to the bottom of.