MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 2/1/2010 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my HG brow pencil... I tweezed and bleached my brows to basically nothing in high school, and now I have a tiny little line of hairs to work with. MAC's Spiked crayon looks great on my skin color. The shade of brown is dark but not harsh -- my hair is black/brown and this pencil doesn't make me look like i sit down with a sharpie and draw my brows on. The only issue I have with it (if any) is that there isn't any kind of sharpener included in the pencil. I know that it's a wind-up, and it's very thin as it is, but sometimes I really just need a superfine point to get into difficult areas.

on 1/3/2010 9:22:00 AM

Overall, this is a great brow filler. It's a creamy medium, warm brown color with a super fine twist up tip. It's easy to use but it's also easy to put too much on. If you fill in too heavily, the color is much to dark (on me). The packaging is great because it will qualify for a B2M when it's empty and you don't need a sharpener. The only downside is that apparently it will not twist back DOWN so if you twist it up too high, you're in trouble. That shouldn't happen though because it clicks up and you know how much you're twisting out there. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 12/8/2009 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG brow pencil. My brows are sparse (from shaving as a young Goth - don't do it kids!) and also grow in a weird downwards way - hard to describe but what it means is that if a pencil is too soft, it smudges on the hairs and looks messy, but if too hard it means the line is too visible and looks harsh. This is neither. It's precise enough to make a very defined arch, but soft enough so you can smudge it as much as you need to without the whole thing fading. This is unique in my experience and I've had many complements on my brows since I discovered this product - something that has *never* happened before.

Spiked (described as 'bottle brunette') is a good deep brown, and was the perfect colour to match my chocolate-brown coloured hair (level 4). I'm hearbroken that it no longer works with my newly reddish-blonde hair, but will be trying other shades to see what works and will definitely re-purchase.

on 12/6/2009 7:29:00 AM

I like the packaging, and the color is perfect for my dark brown hair. I honestly don't use this very much because the application is a little too precise and defined for me. I prefer a powder because i looks more natural. I absolutely must use a spoolie to blend this out.

on 11/13/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

My HG eyebrow pencil! The texture is great - looks very natural on, rather than thick and waxy like some pencils. The self-sharpening point is very convenient, and means you always get a perfect line. I really like the colour, which is a dark brown that doesn't have red tones like some browns. Excellent lasting power. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 10/26/2009 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally an eyebrow pencil without warm undertones! The description for this colour is "bottle brunette" and once I used it I could see why. I die my hair to be around a 4-5C and up until now other eyebrow pencils have left my eyebrows looking mismatched. Spiked is completely free of any warm tones and instead is a nice neutral medium brown. I will buy this again and again. The only complaint I have is regarding the packaging. Since there is no way to see how much product is actually left, I'm always worried I will run out!

on 9/21/2009 1:38:00 PM

i absolutely love this product!!! whenever i'm able to buy it, i do. otherwise i use maybelline's dark brown eyebrow pencil. but this one is so precise and actually matches my hair and skin color. i wish MAC had one that was slightly darker because maybe my hair wouldn't contrast too much with my eyebrows (its not too noticeable) but overall, love their eyebrow pencils!!! too bad they do run out quickly if you use them regularly and they cost $16.

on 9/19/2009 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet! This is my absolute HG (Holy Grail) of brow pencils! I am a NC40 skin tone with dark brown hair for reference. I don't think i've ever come across another brow pencil with a perfect color match like this. It is a deep brown with no orange or golden tones. I find that a lot of times, dark brown brow pencils have an orangy tint to them and don't end up matching my brows. This is perfect. Also, the consistency is amazing. I think maybe because its a crayon? I hate when I purchase a brow pencil and it ends up being too smooth or creamy in texture and then I end up with thick, dark, really harsh brows. This applies with the perfect darkness that is not overpowing. I love this pencil!!!! My only complaint is that it runs out sooo fast :( I don't even get a full month use out of this.. and its like $16!? I started only using this on days where I want to look my best so It won't run out as fast.

on 8/11/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

about 6 months ago I had an eyebrow revelation. I decided they were too thin, so I went through loads of different brands of eyebrow pencils and powders, and its just my luck that as soon as I stop wanting them thin, THEY STOP GROWNG. so as I figured I was gonna have to stick with the pencil, I decided to go to my beloved mac. I chose this colour because although I'm a natural brunette, I dye my hair anyway, so 'bottle brunette' is perfect for me. I also completely understand what mac mean wth this shade description; dyed brunette is much ashier, which is why I LOVE this shade. no orangey tones! it lasts quite well throughout the day aswell, but as loads of other people had said, THERE ISNT ENOUGH OF IT! I adore the mechanical design of it as well, I must have about 50 pencil sharpeners but I can never find one when a pencil needs sharpening!!

on 7/28/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is one of my makeup items i cant do without and i use to use stud but this color is the best in terms of looking more natural and making my face look more softer since stud was more of a black brown. Besides the fact that i buy this pencil pretty much every 3 wks and the price, i will not use anything else. I still have a lancome, chanel and ysl pencil not really touched bc i much prefer this one. Highly recommend and the fact that i don't need to sharpen it makes it a repurchase in my book.

Popular Brows Products