April 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by besobeso

So I finally caved and ordered my first ever batch of MAC products. For some reason I've always had this thing against them. Well all I can say is that I wish I would have ordered this product a long time ago. This might be the best makeup investment I've ever made. After struggling with brow powders, stencils, pencils I've finally found the HG brow product.

First of all, the color is perfect for us dark haired girls. Every other "brunette" brow product I've used has ended up being too noticeable. Either they were too red/chestnut or too brown. This is an ash brown so even people with very dark brows can get away with using it. My brows are very dark brown, almost black.

Application is easy. You just apply very light strokes to fill in sparse areas. You can also use it to finish the tail on your brow. The end result is a very precise, natural looking brow.

The pencil itself is very very thin. It seems like you have to be careful not to break the tip off of the pencil because it doesn't look like you can move the product back down if you churn too much out. Soo...one lippie off for that. The price is also a little outrageous considering the product is small and let's face it...it's an eyebrow pencil but I think it is worth every penny and I will be re purchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by dawnerin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My fav item to use to fill in brows by far. My eyebrows are sparse so I like to fill them in to give them shape. I have dark brown hair, but still have to use a light hand to make it look natural. Too much and it could look Joan Crawford. If you use light feathery strokes and go over with an eyebrow brush to blend looks very natural and color is perfect. Much better than powder for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by HealthBeautified

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best textured eyebrow pencil I have ever used, goes on like a dream and looks natural giving the perfect brow, need me some more of this stuff

LOVE ITT!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this but I don't love it. Maybe that's because it's very expensive here, especially for the amount in the tube. It's ridiculous. The effect is nice though. Looks really natural on my brows, not obvious at all which I really dislike in brow products. I still prefer Sephora brow palette to this one but still I would buy this again..probably on ebay for cheap though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

Love this eyebrow pencil. I'm asian and this color look pretty natural on me. This is a self sharpening pen and I adore the fact that I don't have to fuss with the sharpening process, but I hate the fact that I can not see when I'm running out. I would give this 5 lippies if the staying power was a bit better. I have a fringe right now and at the end of the day the color of my eyebrows are slightly rubbed of. Other than that, this is product is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually use MAC e/s in Concrete at home but if I'm on the go, I use Spiked.
I love this crayon!! If I think it's too dark if I draw it on, I just lightly pat it and it looks just like Concrete :) This is awesome. I would buy it again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

a must have for groomed good brows. tis will give you really nice defined strong arches and can be brushed through brows for a natural look. this is my must have. the mechanical pencil design is only annoying because the tip once propelled up cant go back down. you must use a soft hand so the tip doesn't break off too much excess. this pencil doesn't need a sharpener though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I first purchased this in high school when I was obsessed with thin, dark eyebrows. I am so glad I am over that phase, but I started using it again after a wonderful MAC artist recommended it over powder. I told him that mine used to break and dry off. He suggested that I only turn the pencil (its mechanica) once and use very little. DUH right! I must have lost my common sense because it is just like a mechanical pencil, push too much lead out and it will break. Well, push out too much of the eyebrow crayon and it will break/dry. Every since I was reminded of an obvious instruction, it has worked perfectly. More natural that powder and the shade it so nice...not orange at all! That is the only thing I use on my brows and people are always complimenting me about them. Remember, a little goes a long way and lightly draw lines in the direction of your eyebrow hair (tips of a wise man).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the this aplies. Looks real natural on my eyebrows. Not to light or dark. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by dontlookaway

This is another staple item. What would I do without this? I have tried to stray away from it just to test out other products but I still keep coming back to this one.
I like the control you have over it. you can be very gentle and light with the pencil then go in and darken it up as you please. It lasts all day but I love to use the brow set with it to blend and keep the brows in place.
The only thing is that I wish you could see when its about to run out.
But it is something that I would like to have back up of.