The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Lauryl Alcohol, PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, kitties.

on 8/28/2010 1:20:00 PM

this is the best compact ever, i love it as a foundation and as a setting powder, it controles my oils, does not get me dry, does not brake me out and maches my skintone perfectly, i use no.4

i work in a kitchen and swett a lot, i blot my face and reapply my powder once, about 12:00 and that´s it.

if i am not working my make up stays all day and without a primer, so i am satisfide. i will definatly buy this product again.

on 8/27/2010 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Even though I have very oily skin I usually stick to liquid foundations, simply because I've never liked the finish of the powder foundations I've tried, but this is an exception.

The range of shades available is not brilliant, however, they do cater for light, yellow-toned skins, which is pretty much a miracle (I wore the lightest shade 02, for the winter and autumn and 04 for the summer, because 03 seemed too pink). However, anyone with very very pale pink-toned skin, or a really dark skin tone can have problems finding a good match (at least in the UK), as the shade range is rather limited.

The coverage is light to medium, but still more towards light, however it did cover redness around my nose well enough. It is buildable, but anyone hoping for a full coverage this will be a letdown.

It blends very well, it is quick and easy to apply, and this goes both for using a sponge or a brush, good for everyday school/work run. It feels very smooth and soft on the skin and does not look powdery, and did not accentuate the dry patches on my face due to acne treatment, so it might also be suitable for dry skins.

It does not oxidise, streak, but at the same time, don't expect it to survive extremely long days: on my skin it would stay on for about 7 hr (without primer, but with a touch up using transluscent powder). The staying power is better than many foundations I've tried but not spectacular.

The packaging is okay: a plastic, rather bulky compact with a 'flap' mirror with a compartment for a sponge. Nothing too exciting, but it's good enough; could be smaller.

Overall I would most likely recommend it to people with combination to oily skin, looking for a light coverage, everyday foundation. This did not break me out. One thing that bothered me about it was the smell of the product, however it dissappeared after application.

on 7/30/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I recently starting using this and I really love it so far! I have tried nearly every powder foundation (and liquid) both high end, low end, mid end and have a lot of trouble finding ones that work with my skin. The main issue is color match (super fair with yellow undertones). Shade 02 works great for me. The coverage is awesome for a powder, it has a soft matte finish, lasts a decent amount of time, and is reasonably priced. I've been searching for years and years for my HG and this might be it! I will update if it seems to bother my skin (too soon to tell).

on 7/24/2010 9:59:00 PM

This is my HG now. This is my 3rd time rebuying. I love how natural the 002 shade looks on me. I put this on top of my moisturizer. After putting this powder on, I top it with some powdered blush. That's it for my daily makeup. I retouch in the middle of the day and I don't mind doing this. It's a powder and it's so easy to do touch ups. I'll be using this forever. =)

on 6/25/2010 7:50:00 PM

Update: Still loving this and have repurchased.
Love this foundation and I've used many, over the years.
Number three is the perfect shade for my neutral-to-pink toned skin (lighter than MAC NW15, YSL Teint Resist #4, MUFE HD 117). I use a brush and this goes on light and is easily buildable for a lovely finish. It stays pretty matte and keeps oilies at bay. I usually touch up once a day with Kryolan anti shine powder or simply blot with a blotting sheet.
After three weeks this could be HG. The only con is the high price for the amount one gets. It's not bad if you wait for sales like buy two, get one free.

on 6/20/2010 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I do love this all in one. I use it as a setting powder now but when used alone it looks perfectly natural. It does lean towards more of a compact powder than foundation so it is quite dry. Recently I have not been about to use this because of how dry my skin is and this stuff just makes me flake all over.

The price is good for what you get and it will last rather long depending on how much of it you use per day. I ran out in about 2 months and purchased a new one :)

on 6/17/2010 9:30:00 PM

So i got this at the body shop's 3 for $30 sale and i figured with a deal like that i might as well pick it up. I have shade 03 and it looks a little dark in the package but on my skin it matches like a dream. I don't like applying it wet very much but continue to experiment-currently I am applying with a powder brush. I have just hit the pan, and it's been about a month.

PROS: -good color match -matte -lasts for a full day on your skin (12-ish hrs) -covers my mild-er acne very well while looking light and fresh on all of my clear skin

CONS: -expensive! (lol at least 4 me) -dosen't cover redness too well, but use a concealer BEFOREHAND, and you should be good -accentuates facial hairs -i'm worried about this breaking me out cuz it does have oil in it, so i'm trying to be careful and might switch to another foundation if i feel it breaks me out.

on 6/14/2010 10:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i bought this foundation as i was hoping it would look more natural than liquid foundation and remove the need for concealer, foundation and powder as it is an all in one product.
I purchased this in the lightest shade 002 which looks very yellow in the compact which did put me off a little bit but i bought it anyway because there was 20% off at the time.
At first i really liked this product. I used it for a week and the coverage is really natural looking and buildable and it wasnt really yellow on my face like it looked in the compact. The only problem was that one some days it just didnt look right, even though i applied it the same, it wouldnt cover properly or go patchy, my face also got oily pretty quickly. Another big downside is that i only had it less than a week and i could already see the silver pan showing, so as this is a foundation product you do not get a lot for your money if you will be using this everyday (it costs £12). I also had to stop using this as it gave me spots which no other makeup product has ever done.
The only plus side of this foundation is that it looks natural, is easy to use and the packaging is nice and sturdy with a built in mirror and sponge.
P.S. there are only six shades to choose from and neither are really pale or dark, they only cater for light-medium skin tones.

on 5/3/2010 1:47:00 AM

I tried so many brands before, but this is the best, really match my skin,and never oxidize. coverage is okay, and make my face looks fresh and healthy. it also doesn't break my skin. I love this stuff !

on 4/15/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My sister made me switch (used to use other brands) to Body Shop cosmetics because they don't test their products on animals. This powder is one of the best I've ever tried. It can be used either as powder or make up which is pretty cool, it covers imperfections well and still makes your skin look natural. I use it in combination with the Body Shop Flawless skin concealer. Great product.