Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

So, as a 15--soon to be 16--year old girl, I love playing around with make up and seeing what works best for me. I have oily skin and very big pores, and to top it all off, I have extremely pale skin. Hard to find a good foundation for said skin, correct? Well, if you have skin like mine, I can honestly say give it a try. I bought it a while back before I found my holy grail Bare Minerals powder foundation, but now that it's running low, I decided to look at my options that I all ready had and re-found this foundation. It's a bit hard to spread but with a good foundation brush, it can look flawless. My only complaints are that even the lightest shade--which is honestly a lot lighter than any other drugstore foundation I've purchased--is too dark for my pale skin. Even then, with the price and end result, I find myself just dealing with it. If I wasn't so interested in trying every drugstore and high end foundation out there, I would definitely buy it again. I would also like to note that I do not have acne prone skin, and every once in a blue moon will I see a breakout. This means that I can't tell you from experience if it covers blemishes, but it is buildable and worth a shot.

Everyone who wants/ has this product MUST read this. If u feel this foundation is too thick you must mix it with maybelline's fit me foundation, mix the two on the back of your hand until they become one, apply, and blend for amazing coverage thats matte and flawless.

I bought this product on sale a couple of months ago as I wanted to try it. Rimmel has become one of my favorite drugstore-brands. I have VERY a really light skin tone, and the lightest shade "Ivory" was way too dark for me. So I have to use a white mixer to make it match my skin.

It provides really good coverage, keeps me matte for longer compared to many of my other foundations, but I only rate it 4/5 because of the color (if I didn't have a mixer it would be completely useless), and because it doesn't keep me matte for as long as I would expect since this is a product made for keeping your skin matte. This is one of the only foundations that doesn't suddenly changes color on my skin. Other foundations tends to get really orange after they dry. Bottom line; good foundation, good price, really good coverage for my acne. I would recommend this :-)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Although the price of this product is excellent (around £5) it was a waste of money. It's so thick and cakey I couldn't even bear to wear this all over my face all day! It sunk into pores making them look terrible and full of this stuff. I can't comment on how matte it stayed because I couldn't bring myself to leave it on my face!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this three times already. If you combine it with the "Stay Matte" primer and a good loose powder, even the most oily skin isn't a problem. I have problematic oily skin and this one really works for me. Very good build-able coverage too!

My very scarred skin looks flawless with this foundation (and the stay matte powder to finish) I have been searching for a fix and I'm so glad I finally found it! Especially for such a low price!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product did not help me stay matte even with powder. Also the color range is not good. The color was pretty pinky.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry but this product sucks. It smells funny, it's sooooo thick, settles in fine lines, and has no colors pale enough for me. I could not blend this out at all and I looked cakey. It also clings to any dry patches you may have. This product may work for super oily people but definitely not anyone with even the slightest bit of dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and have tried everything from Laura Mercier, Shiseido, Bare Escentuals, to NYX and NYC. I was in the market for a new winter foundation and tried this product after I saw a decent review on Paula's Choice. I was not about to spend a lot of money on yet another foundation that didn't perform well. I've got a small case of atopic dermatitis on the sides of my nose thanks to MUFE Mat Velvet (big surprise!!). Anyway, this foundation does not irritate my skin, dermatitis, or cause any nasty cysts, even when I wear it the whole day. It has a very matte finish, but it isn't drying for my skin type. If you have dry/combination skin, this foundation isn't for you!!! The only downsides to this product are 1. it comes in a very limited number of shades (the second lightest color is a perfect match for me) and 2. you have to use quite a bit to achieve a medium-full coverage (which is fine by me because it's so darn cheap). I know others have talked about how you have to blend it quickly because it dries so fast, but I don't have that problem, and I don't need to use a primer with it.

Definitely worth a try if you have oily skin and have not found your personal Holy Grail. At less than $6 for 1 oz., what have you got to lose!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I apply it with my beautyblender and blend it out really well otherwise it'll look too heavy but I love the finish on the skin.I have a lot of acne scars and this covers them perfectly. I'm oily and this does keep me matte for quite a while. Its very well priced and easy to get out of the tube. I took this and my estee lauder foundation when I went to Hawaii and ended up using this one most of the time. Highly recommend!
I'm NC20 and I use color 103 True Ivory

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Drugstore acne coverage foundation | Review of Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation by Natasha Ohara

Review | Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation ? by SerafinBeauty