October 23, 2014 | 914 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lextaylor7

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by vic37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great if your looking for a full coverage.
Personally it goes perfect for night time wear if you have a dinner or a party.
It holds beautifully.
During the day it causes that cake face look, dosnt look that good in natural lighting.
I found it started making my skin very dry & made me break out frequently.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely oily skin and usually try to use powder foundation. However, I'm always on the lookout for a foundation that especially in the summer can give me a bit of color/bronze look. This foundation is perfect!

Depending on the amount you use, you can vary between light coverage to very full coverage. I tend to use a small amount and warm it between my fingers to get it a little more spreadable. It goes on easily this way - no need for a foundation brush. And a little goes a long way.

I never expect that any foundation I put on, powder or otherwise, will last me an entire day of 'matte-ness', so I was pleasantly surprised that with summer temperatures and humidity, I was able to keep a matte look for 3 hours. That's a lot for someone who is usually back to 'square one oily' after 30-45 minutes! To top that off, it stayed true to color and did not develop any odd smell at all (it is fairly fragrance free!).

Despite being very oily, I have finickity skin, but this product has not caused me to break out. Breaking out always seems to be the problem when I try to use any form of liquid foundation.

The packaging is excellent. The tube ensures the product does not get contaminated easily. In addition, the product texture is a mousse, which means that it isn't going to leak out of the tube.

I would suggest this product for anyone with very oily/oily/combination skin. Just remember to start with a light application. You can always build up to the coverage you need.

In a nutshell, this is a GREAT product at an even GREATER price!

The only downside might be the color selection. I am using the darkest color, natural beige, and I am an NC30 or NC40 depending on the time of year. I don't think that anyone with naturally darker skin could find an appropriate color in this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lserafin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To me, this is an absolute MUST HAVE for the summer! Check out my video for a full review! Also check out my channel, SerafinBeauty, for more reviews and how to's on the latest in the beauty world!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MellyRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combo skin. In the summer, I need something that won't slide off my skin in the California heat. In the winter, I need something creamier.
I serve all day at my church, from 6:40am to around 2pm, and in between services I'm walking around d outside a lot. This foundation totally stayed, and since my nose is very oily I expected that it would be super shiny around mid day but it wasn't that bad at all!
At first application it seems too thick and such but as the day goes on it feels perfect!
Just remember when choosing a color, u are darker than you think you are. I found Ivory is my absolute perfect shade from this brand. :)
And it doesn't have that disgusting smell like Cover girl and MAC do. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just a bit of info before i say how i feel about this: i have combo skin that has been behaving well recently and i wanted a nice matte foundation going into the summer (I'll be working in air conditioning so it feeling heavy wasn't an issue for me). When i initially tried this i hated it! It clung to dry patches on my skin and disappeared after less than an hour on my slightly oily nose.
Two weeks later, when my skin was behaving and my dry patches were gone i tried it again. I still hate it! It has terrible staying power, even with powdering it. It also blended horribly. Between my Sigma F80 and my beauty blender i can make any foundation look smooth, at least upon application, but i struggled with this more than any other. It sunk into lines i didn't even know i had and all of the shades were far too pink. Plus the shade selection in general is AWFUL. God forbid anyone darker than tan want to try a foundation, eh Rimmel? Honestly, I am by no means dark and even the darkest shade was too light for me. As the day wore on it got patchier and patchier. Each time I tried to give this a try I ended up wiping it off and either going makeupless or putting on another foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is another fabulous drugstore foundation find comparable to wet n wild Coverall, but with different finishes and the product itself has different textures, but they are the same as far as coverage, application ease, not flaking or caking and being long lasting.

This one wins by not dripping out of the tube as soon as you open the cap, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Puggurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! This stuff has a nice, whipped texture and spreads on evenly. Gives a great natural coverage and KEEPS YOU LOOKING MATTE! I love it and will def recommend it to everyone I know.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

I was so excited to buy this foundation sadly the foundation color selection was not very big and I couldn't find a shade to match me. I bought 3 different shades and none of them matched me. I bought true beige which I thought would match me the most but instead it was too dark and it had a pink undertone. It does have a very nice coverage though I can't complain about that since I have blemishes that I need to cover up. If only they have a bigger color selection maybe I would have liked it as much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sashyposhy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after purchasing the Rimmel BB Cream. I tried the BB Cream for about a week, and it just made my skin so greasy. I have normal skin for the most part, so that was just awful. I bought this at Ulta for 4.99, and I love it so far! It looks awesome in natural light, but a bit cakey in other light. I suggest using a brush to apply this foundation. THe packaging is a nice squeezable bottle, so it makes it easy to get all of the product out. It is a little thick at first, but I used only a tiny bit and was able to blend it very well. The coverage is medium, which is more than enough for my skin. The only thing is that I wish it had sunscreen, but I will be repurchasing this item! (I bought it in Ivory, and the BB cream was in Light).