July 29, 2014 | 1262 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

This foundation is my go-to foundation for everyday. I am in the shade Light Ivory. It is a moussey texture that is super blendable. A little goes a long way, and the packaging is amazing. The price is reasonable and overall, I would say buy this product! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by melanie0820

My skin is very oily tzone with sometimea dry cheeks. I soooo wanted this to be my HG but unfortunately it broke me out. It's about medium to full coverage so thats a plus, but the mattifying qualities dont last very long. I used the matte primer plus the matte powder to set it all but it stayed matte for about 2 hours before shune started coming through. It definitely broke me out, and even got a feq whiteheads on my chin before the end of the day. A few days later, total breakout on my chin. Sadly, this foundation is NOT for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on great-- makes skin look flawless at first. But like all mousse foundations, my skin looked greasy and cakey after a few hours. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror at lunch. My forehead was an oil slick. I even used finishing powder as well. Also, the ingredients aren't the best-- ended up getting a couple whiteheads during the middle of the day. Tis a shame that this didn't work for me-- its so affordable!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sunscreenandlipgloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation gives perfect, porcelain looking skin, but I found using this product required, in my opinion, requires too many preparatory and concluding steps.

First, it's essential that you put on a moisturizer because this foundation will accentuate dry patches, making them look flakey. I feel that a moisturizer that normally would make the skin look a little oily works will because it helps give some vibrance to the skin.

Second, this foundation looks better a few hours after you've put it on and it's worn down a bit. It just looks more natural once it mixes with your skin's natural oils. Even if you prefer a matte look, it might make you look a little flat and dull, which lead me to...

Third, blush, highlight and contour are sort of needed so one doesn't look vampirish. The foundation colors aren't paper light, but they just look sort of ashy against the skin, Ivory 100 works well with my winter skin. And since we are here, one might want to put a little color on the eyes, perhaps something that will catch the light.

I am the kind of girl that wakes up in the morning, and if and only if my reflection in the mirror frightens me I put on a full face of foundation. By no means is this a product I go to when I wake up and BAM! For me, it wears all day long and I think it looks better as the day goes on. While it doesn't cover pimples that well, it cover redness and does not require additional concealer around the nose. Since I already have it, I will use if I have a whole day of plans. When I do, I wake up a bit early, do my makeup, go to my morning classes, and look presentable the rest of the day.

Honestly, I get more compliments on my bare skin. I think it forces me to put in significantly more effort than need to with other foundations. Then again, I prefer natural finishes.

With all of that said, if you are looking for a truly matte foundation, this is it. If you already go through all the steps, you have nothing to lose by trying it out, it costs less than a sandwich.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by kr24

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though I have been a member here for awhile this is the first review because I switch products so much and am never satisfied. I finally found my HG foundation. I have tried every drugstore foundation out there but they never work on my dry, large pored, aging skin. This cover everything, smooths over my pores, and doesn't settle into my fine lines! I have only been using this for two weeks so I'm not for sure how it will work in the humid summer months. I went to Walgreens today to pick up another one for my purse and it was on sale for $2.74!! Needless to say I bought two more in my color (100 Ivory) but also a few darker colors for summer. I also use the Fix and Perfect 002 primer with this and it last for about 6 hours on me. Ladies if you have been wanting to try or you thought this might be for younger skin now is the time to get to Walgreens while it is still on sale!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Tashad88

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!! It's amazing, covers so well & the price is fantastic, got it @ walgreens on sale for $2.74 so I stocked up :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this because I have oily skin and prefer a matte finish. It took a while to find the darkest shade (330 Sand) because it was sold out everywhere. Finally found it but guess what? It's too light! I'm an NC42 and 330 was 2-3 shades too light for me. I put it on anyway just to see if it would oxidize darker after a while. It wasn't as heavy as I expected it to be but it wasn't easy to blend, either. After a couple of hours, it hadn't oxidized so I washed it off.

Oh well. It was $5.49 at CVS, and they give out refunds.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by beautygal1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at my local rite aid for $3.99 in the color Ivory...after swatching it outdoors I realized it was going to be to dark...so I went back and returned the product again for a refund...then when I heard walgreens had this product on sale for 50% off I took that opportunity to try it again...this time I selected the shade light ivory...Got home and applied it, only to look in the mirror and see a ghostly white complexion...I was so disappointed :( I returned it to the store pronto...I really wanted to love that foundation, but the shade selection is super tricky...they don't have a good choice of colors and it's hard to find your shade...I am classic ivory in my favorite covergirl foundation but sand beige in the Revlon colorstay...so it all depends on the brand...but I was so disappointed by this :( Rimmel needs to get their shades right...non of the rimmel foundations look like I would be able to pass off the color...I definitely will not repurchase this :( :( It was a real let down :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by pitchslapped

I bought this foundation when it first came out a while ago and the first thing that disappointed me was the limited colour range, it was extremely difficult to choose a colour especially as the packaging does not let you see the actual product. i bought this in the shade classic beige and although it is slightly on the orangy side for me it was the closest match. The foundation itself is very thick and gives medium to full coverage, it claims to be lightweight but i actually found it to feel quite heavy on the skin. I apply this with my damp beauty blender because I find it works the best when trying to blend this out. The foundation is very matte on the skin and gives a flawless finish. For me it lasted for most of my day without having to blot or touch up. I would not recommend this product to anyone with dry skin as it makes even small dry patches on my face very emphasized. Overall i think this product is okay especially considering that it is a drugstore foundation and is very reasonably priced, I use it sometimes when I want a very full coverage look but definitely not for everyday, i will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by AimeeHughes

I bought this product pretty soon after it was released as I work in a cosmetics shop, and I'm a total addict for new foundations. I was pretty cautious of this as when I used the tester the texture was sooooo thick and i wasn't too sure if I was totally buying into the whole 'cake no more' thing that dear old Georgia May was fobbing off. Nonetheless I bought it in soft beige as all the other colours made me look grey and transparent, and was pretty excited to use it ASAP. Big mistake. Put it on my face and I immediately resembled Casper with prominent pores and valet skin. I also looked like i had a touch of wolverine due to the foundation sticking like glue to the small hairs near my hairline. It stayed on very well throughout the day and credit due as not once did I need to blot my face HURRAY! The price is very good as well, and the packaging is adorable! But I can't get past my ghostly complexion due to the horrible colours this product comes in, not can I ignore the horrible texture on my face. This has not converted me to a Rimmel die hard at all, sorry!