August 31, 2014 | 951 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact I have a dry skin complex, I really enjoy this product. It is so full coverage and matches my skin perfectly. It gives a natural matte look and is very long lasting. It doesn't look so good on dry spots but it is sufficient and for 5 dollars, you really can't beat it. Definitely repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I got this product because it was on special for $6. I got it one shade to light which 200. The color stills works well for me although it does not look matte at all. Even in the winter I get shine on my face. So I have to touch up pretty often which is still ok as I have a habit of checking my makeup now and then. The packaging is not bulky at all but what I don't like is that it's a squeeze tube. I would definitely repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by caitie96

I love this! Only purchased it recently so have worn it a few times and every time it has lasted all through the day just fine when I set it with my FOA loose translucent powder.
It does feel a bit thicker than other foundations I have tried, and it a little more difficult to apply but is completely worth it as on my skin it gives very full coverage and when combined with a bit of concealer on major blemishes is almost flawless.
The other major plus about this is as a fair skinned girl I've struggled with all the lightest shades of foundation being too orange on me, this is the first one I've tried where the lightest shade fits me perfectly :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mchellemabellex

I first bought this foundation on whim during the winter and hated it. It emphasized all my dry patches and made me look cakey/overly made up. I was disappointed and went back to using the rimmel 25 hour foundation that was more hydrating and looked more natural throughout the winter. However, with the warmer weather, I noticed that my 25 hour foundation was making me too slick. I was at a loss, but tried the stay matte liquid mousse foundation again and now absolutely LOVE IT.

This foundation helps control my natural "dewiness" in the warmer weather and has a wonderful smooth/satiny finish. I do notice I tend to get a little shiny after a few hours of wear (but my t-zone always gets very oily during the spring/summer), but that's easily fixed with a light dusting of powder throughout the day. This also turned out to be a perfect color match (soft beige) for my olive/medium asian skin tone. Absolutely love and will continue to purchase throughout the warmer season.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

WOW! I really like this foundation! I've been at a love-hate relationship with Rimmel, and I didn't really like any of their liquid foundations. I was reading the Elle Canada mags, and it came with a sample of the Stay Matte Liquid Mousse and a $2 off coupon.

So... I tried it. And I love it!

It's got a medium-sheer coverage, great satin-ish finish, and it stays for a considerably long time, about 5 hours? 8 if I'm lucky. It doesn't have a bad smell, it didn't sink into my pores and it doesn't cake at all. It is lightweight, and doesn't feel heavy. (I forgot I even had foundation on!) The only thing I don't really like is how it's quite difficult to work into my skin, sometimes, it can come out looking a bit streaky, but I can live with that.

I'm going back to the drugstore to pick this up ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bgr11229

I bought this foundation after seeing it advertised on their website. I have oily skin all year round and no where near clear skin so i was looking for a foundation that would cover and not look oily. I tried the revlon colourstay and ester lauder double wear but neither covered enough or came off during the day. i picked up this foundation in boots and for only 5 pounds at the time you can't go wrong. this foundation covers everything on my skin without looking cakey! it applies full coverage and paired with the stay matte powder it really does keep shine at bay. best drugstore foundation I've ever used

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been eyeing this foundation since it came out, and when Walgreens had a sale (I literally spent only $2.00) I picked this up along with a few other staples in my routine. Now this is isn't my preferred everyday foundation, but it's the only one I'll use for a special occasion and this even beats out my beloved MUFE Mat Velvet+ because its much more natural and hydrating. It has a matte finish but spray NYX Dewy setting spray and it looks much more like real, flawless skin. The shade 010 is my perfect match, maybe a bit too light but it's amazing in the pigmentation and application (sponge, brush, fingers) no matter which method I use it's still covering my face evenly and there are no streaks or line of demarcation. I couldn't ask for more perfect foundation. However, some stores don't sell the whole range of shades, like 010, the only stores I know that sell the lightest shade is Walmart and Walgreens, but always check! It's worth it if you want flawless skin! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by tracymichelle

I bought this on a recommendation from a woman I met in the makeup area in Target and I'm so glad I took her advice. If you have normal to oily skin and like full coverage, you will love this! If you don't like such full coverage, you can mix it with your primer or moisturizer and you'll get medium, rather than full, coverage. I have tried other (much more expensive) brands that didn't work to cover the redness in my cheeks, but this does. I love it. I've only worn it a few times, but every time I do I receive compliments.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by badb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal skin.

I found this very heavy & mask-like. It emphasized every fine line & pore. When I blotted with tissue 2 hours after application, make-up was visibly left on the tissue. The color "Ivory" definitely leans warm. This has a nice amount of dewiness to it, which I really liked, but the negatives made it so I would not repurchase. The main issue I had was with how heavy it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ppeaches

Didn't like this at all. The colour was quite orange on me and went cakey it certain parts. I bought this thinking it would help with my oily skin, but it did absolutely nothing. After a few hours it looked like I didn't have any makeup on.