September 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by allybth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for years and loved it. The only reason I switched is that I actually wanted a lighter coverage. This, to me, was a medium coverage foundation. I had not trouble with it though, at all. In fact, even through my many break outs, bouts with oily then dry skin, This foundation was a trooper!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by YummyMom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have face discoloration and oily acne prone skin. I've been using Stay True Foundation by Clinique for a week now. I have no break out and my skin looks very flawless. I layer it on twice and it still looked natural and not cakey. I'm spanish so I have yellow undertones and the "Stay Sunny" Shade fit me perfecly. It looks natural and my pores look smaller. It feels dewy to the touch though, but does look matte. I preferr a more matte feel. I have a moisturizer under the foundation so it could be that. At $16.50 it works wonders! I will stock up on this one! I've used Estee Lauders Double matte for Oily skin ($30) but my face felt very tight.
    UPDATE: While I did like this foundation It does feel heavy on the skin. I've never actually FELT a foundation on my face before. I would repurchase again but only use one layer. It does cover well and the price is not bad. I just bought Loreal' True Match and it is very light and covers well also, and cheaper at $8.99.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I used to be a big Clinique fan and still think it's a good product. I haven't used this foundation in years and last bought it in Paris while visiting there about ten years ago. I liked it then and felt it went on easily and lasted fairly long. I wasn't crazy about the color choices, I used the Stay Beige which was the closest shade to my skin. I would say that this product was not good for my oily skin, it would be better for someone on the dry-normal side.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by rosiecheeks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a long time now. I use color #2. It took a while for me to realize I was using a color that was too dark as I have NEVER owrn anything that says "ivory" - don't let the names fool you if you try this.

Every now and then I try something else, like mineral makeup, but come back to this... in the winter at least! (still like the minerals for summer, though).

It gives me coverage without being cakey - I use a very small amount. It looks good all day with a small dusting of powder or blot here and there. I'll keep using it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Goes on heavily and feels like a mask. The packaging isn't genious, it's quite small and sometimes hard to get out, but once you do get some out, it is more than you need; messy. I think I can find a drugstore one that works better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2003 6:06:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

I just got this today in "Stay Light". It looked too dark and ashy in the bottle, but after I blended it on my face, the color was perfect! Makes my skin look perfectly polished and matte. Gives me medium coverage, but I'm sure it would layer good for full coverage. The consistency is quite liquidy, and it blends very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2003 8:04:00 PM More reviews by LisaLou099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a little thrown off when the SA told me that I needed the lightest color in this foundation, being Stay Ivory. I've never had to buy the lightest shade in anything, so I was a little skeptical. She said it matched perfectly, and she was right! I applied it when I got home and I loved it! It stayed put throughout the day and no greasies, which is a huuuge plus for me! I took off a lippie only because I wish there was it was in a tube form, or that it had a pump. It gets messy around the opening of the glass bottle. oh well....i guess we can't have everything we want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by KitKat17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good with this foundation. I have it in Stay Ivory. It is pretty natural-looking and blendable. It's really liquidy, almost watery. I have oily skin and seems to work really well for it. It DOES tend to look a *little* bit orangy in the late-afternoon. That's really the only drawback so far because it covers well, is somewhat matte and I've had no bad skin reactions yet! I'm not a real big fan of Clinique normally, but I'd recommend it to those with oily skin because at $16.50, it's worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2003 1:20:00 AM More reviews by JayJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my all-time favourite foundations!! I'm asian, LLL, with an oily t-zone, but this foundation consistently gives me great coverage.
    I have Stay Nude, which is the exact color match for me (seriously!), and have repurchased this foundation twice already. Great at keeping my face matte whilst not accenuating any dry patches. The only problem is the packaging, which isn't as handy as a pump, but i'll survive :) Recommended for ppl w/combo skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2003 8:11:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

Okay, I give up on Clinique. Unless your face is pink, yellow, or orange, good luck! What a shame they offer few true skintone colors. I bought stay beige which would have been nice, but it just made my face look dirty. There is no coverage at all so why bother? I am returning this TODAY and getting some lipstick or something. Jane Stay Calm is way better and way cheaper!