Essie Fiji

3.5

I looooove this shade, I heard a bachelorette wore this shade and had to have it! It's definitely almost white babe pink on the warm side of a cool pink (if you compare it to french affair this one is warm, but generally it's a cool pink)! It is opaque in 2 coats and lasts very well on my nails with a great base and top coat! Too many coats make it chip easier (as with any polish).

on 5/6/2012 8:30:00 PM

Fiji is a stunning baby pink. One of very few that is pale but goes on opaque. The formula for this polish is verrrry finnicky though. It goes on streaky and needs at least 3 coats to look smooth. It's a lovely neutral pink that looks very clean but not overdone.

on 4/27/2012 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful pale pink in the bottle, but it does not apply smoothly at all. It streaks horribly and even with 3 coats I could not get it smooth, but did manage to make it so thick that it wouldn't dry properly. I imagine only true professionals or those extremely talented at applying polish could make this look right. If Essie could get the formula worked out on this one I would buy it again, because the color is beautiful.

on 4/27/2012 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This polish is an off white, slight pinky colour, which verges more white than pink. Can be considered as an off white, nude-y slight pinky colour. I like the Essie brush.

I personally am not the biggest fan of Essie in terms of formula but suprisingly, with three careful coats this polish will be reasonably opaque. One coat of this polish is equivalent to two coats of standard sheer Essie polishes, if you know what I mean.

The good thing about this colour is that it is not as stark as white, white on me looks tacky on my hands. Due to the colour this colour will stand out, especially with my dark skintone.

However, I definately experience cuticle drag with this polish if you do not let each coat dry before adding a next one. Due to this reason this is not the polish to apply when you are in a rush, but when you have the time to carefully and leisurely paint your nails.

Due to this reason, I don't often reach for this colour but when I am stick of blues, reds, greens etc, I'll put this on.

As far as Essie goes, its obviously not the most original colour but for a very, very light pink it is okay. Wouldn't have minded it being a little more opaque in terms of formula for my taste, but oh well!

Probably would buy again, but, saying that, as I hardly wear it, not sure that will happen anytime soon!

on 3/29/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Although I love the colour, just a beautiful neutral baby pink. It's one of the most streakiest nail polish I've got!
On a usual day, I don't have time to apply 3-4 coats nor do I have the patient to do so.
I wish I could wear this colour more often.

on 3/27/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Fiji is really a beautiful color. On my nails, it looks pretty neutral and clean, but it's still easy to see that's it's a baby pink, not white.
I agree with the other reviewers about the formula, though. It is absolutely terrible. So incredibly streaky and watery!!! Even after 3 coats, it still didn't look very clean and streak-free! Careful application might allow you do have an easier time, but I can't see how anyone could possibly have easy application with this.
Though I hated the formula, for me the color is worth it, so that's why i would purchase Fiji again. However, if I find a dupe with a less crappy formula, I'll immediately ditch Fiji for it.

on 3/5/2012 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Gah, I am so disappointed by this nail polish! The color is so freaking gorgeous, but it goes on so streaky I cannot get it to look right with a LOT of layers. As active as I am, and as much as I use my hands, with 3 + layers of polish it will just chip off and leave my nails a mess. So irritating, since when it does look somewhat ok (usually I get 2 or 3 nails that look decent) it looks sexy...but the rest are messy streaky chipped distasters. :(

on 2/21/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Verryyy streaky I had to put 5 coats on just to get the color and since I had to put so many coats it didnt dry properly and i could peel it off it was so thick. So I had to take it off and re-apply. the second time it came out ok but I wish it wasnt so splotchy b/c its a gorgeous color..sigh love/hate relationship.

on 2/10/2012 4:08:00 PM

I bought this for the opacity of the pale pink. I was surprised that it took three full coats to make it solid not streaky.. I think most Essie colors take three coats. I do LOVE the color, and the way it sets off my skintone :) Also, the three coats I just did dried pretty fast so that's nice

on 12/16/2011 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

My absolute favorite nail polish. There's something so California Girl -- Hot about it this polish....Even though I'm a redhead with very fair skin, I always feel like the tanned blonde CA gal when I put this on. It's such a hot, hot color! Very young, sexy, and says "I'm high maintenance" in a good way!

Popular Polishes