July 29, 2014 | 1972 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by VanGhoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just ran out of my go-to pale pink nail polish (LÓreal) and I decided to try something new. I adore Essies pinks, they are just adorable; but I did have a bit of a fight applying this.

I glopped on too much at a time and to my surpirse it was bubble city. I've never actaully even seen a bubble problem before but a lovely MakeupAlley lady told me I was gloppy and to tried thin, multiple coats.

I applied FOUR super thin coats (over a base)...all of which look stripey, till finally the end result is perfection. My drying time inbetween was about five minutes each, the I really avoided touching anything for about half an hour. It's alot of time to commit to drying, but I was already watching a movie so who cares. I've been wearing it for 7 days and it still looks like I got it done at the salon this morning. So far no chipping and my nails chip like they invented it.

I will definetly buy more because while the colours arn't exactly ground breaking, they are beautiful. I took one lipstick off becasue in Canada these badboys can run you $14+ which is NUTZO!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a good thing this was part of the "buy 2, get 1 free" Essie promo at Beauty Brands because I'd be upset if I paid retail for this streaky mess! One of the worst pink polishes I've ever tried. Did one nail and threw it out. Awful

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by minivan86

I LOVE this color but it is so streaky! The end result is not worth the $8 bucks for me. Wish the color payoff was a alot more otherwise I would have no problems with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jenrose98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Fiji is a gorgeous color! It's the most toned down color I own(I LOVE bright blues) but it's a polish I reach for daily. The formula was okay. It was a little thin and streaky but it was hidden when i wore it since I layered another polish on top. It does take a while for it to dry but dunking your nails in a bowl of cold water speeds up the drying process.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kadbeauty

I really love this color, but the formula is very weird. And I have a few other colors from Essie that are streaky just like this one is, so I think Essie just doesn't work for me. shame :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by numsy

Good color, streaky application like other reviewers said - however, I'm still on the lookout for the perfect pale pink!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by bemyanchor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Like other reviewers have said, the formula sucks. It's streaky and difficult to apply evenly.

The color is beautiful, but it's a total pain to apply. So bummed.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have been looking for a nice white/cream/pink opaque polish for a while now. I read the bad reviews for this and heard that this is streaky and for some reason I thought I could be that one to make it work since I was in love with the shade. Well,... I couldn't get this the look good. I had to keep removing it and starting over again,it just seemed like whatever I did it was so streaky and hard to work with. I want my 8.99 back lol The color is gorg but the formula is not right idk if it's to thick and gooey to make it opaque. something isn't right with it. I have other essie polishes that are great..so its not Essie in general. it is that they were unsuccessful with making a opaque cream pink color and should have not even put this out to the public.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by jennievu92

I loveloveLOVE this color! It is the perfect clean, classic, and girly nail polish color! The application can be quite frustrating though. The first coat is extremely streaky, but then it'll even out by the 2nd or 3rd coat. Oh well, I love this color so much I don't even care! This pale pink is a must have in your collection!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by wareagle08

I really like this color. It is NOT that hard to apply. Its very opaque with a similar consistency to french affair and borrowed and blue. I just start by making a line at the cuticle and pull up. I havent even been painting my nails very long to be honest. Two coats and I have perfect nails, no streaking whatsoever. Compared to french affair it is more pink, none of the lavender tinge and a bit lighter. Really love it, 3-4 days with no chipping too.