Chanel Allure for women

on 8/29/2009 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have only sample size so I was trying this on my hand and must admit I like this grandma-reminding perfume. :love:
I would wear it now because it's just so not me, but I think I'll buy it in about 10-15 years or so, if it still will be available. :)

It's really sophisticated, feminine and to some point sexy and it's definitely perfect for warm (not hot) evenings.

on 8/28/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

love this szcent.always got compliments with it even if i don't really smell it on me.

on 8/23/2009 9:53:00 PM

I don't like this fragrance as much as 'Chance', but it is a very beautiful perfume to wear. Most Chanel perfumes are. It's a bit stronger than chance, but is still nice and subtle to wear to work or out to dinner. The packaging is also very elegant and simple. I would buy it again.

on 8/22/2009 11:09:00 PM

I hate this scent with a vengeance. It just reminds me of the 90s, seeing drunk girls with centre partings and cheap clothes, holding their shoes in one hand and a kebab in the other after a trashy night on the town. As another reviewer has said, it's designed to appeal to the masses. That wouldn't be so bad if I really adored it but it doesn't have a 'quality' aura, just a synthetic one. Just because it has the name Chanel on it doesn't make it 'special' for me at all.

The powdery notes in it are my main gripe because they make me want to heave everytime I smell someone drenched in it and whoever is wearing it, always seems to drench rather than dab. Rather than Allure it should be renamed 'Claustrophobia' or 'Migraine'. Those who like this will probably love the equally dreaded and sickly Angel, the old 80s Poison and the most gross of all time, Samsara.

Chance is more appealing because it lacks the powdery notes and it's more youthful and cypre but it's still not enough to make me want to buy a bottle of that either.

on 8/21/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A Chanel I actually like a lot! Very rich and perfumey, but warm and refined. Not stuffy at all. The scent seems to remain the same through out it's life, no top, middle or basenotes. That's a nice change. I do not detect any particular notes, which I usually can. It's more like, hmm this smells good. Very well blended. Please remember to only spray once, otherwise this is just too strong.

UPDATE: I cannot tell you how many intensely positive responses this scent gets from people as long as only a little is used. I have the small parfum version, which I just dab on lightly. Both the parfum and eau de parfum are more vanilla/warm based than the toilette, which is more citrus based.

on 8/18/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't buy very many perfumes or wear many perfumes. I guess I'm very picky about scents and very few perfumes resonate with me. This perfume resonated with me. It is a bit strong at first spray--the top notes are strong. I love the smell of this perfume as it fades--the mid notes are heavenly to me. The lasting power of this perfume is really impressive. This is really unlike any other perfumes on the market--it really stands out as unique.

on 7/25/2009 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Gosh, this is really lovely & so, well, “alluring”! For me, the scent is the olfactory equivalent of a warm & cozy cashmere sweater, with the quiet, timeless & classic elegance of a luxurious strand of pearl necklace. I LOVE wearing this to bed as it’s definitely one of the most beautiful & comforting smells you can ever wake up to. To my nose, the EDT (which I have) is very, very similar in feel to Coco EDP (another Jacques Polge masterpiece) with the same soft, sensual citrus/floral/powdery character (I haven't smelled the EDP, which they say amps up the bourbon vanilla & downplays the citrus notes, so I'm unable to say how that one compares to Coco). Though I'm really looking forward to try the EDP & pure perfume next, I wouldn't buy the EDT again for two simple reasons: 1) I rarely buy the same perfume twice as I like experimenting with new ones; 2) I have the 100ml bottle (originally a birthday present from my younger sister to my mom about 4 months ago, but ended up being passed on to me as mom no longer wears perfumes these days) & even with the EDT, 1-2 sprays last on me the whole day. Add to that the fact that I have several other full size perfumes & never wear the same one more than 3 days in a row, so I imagine this bottle would probably last me till I'm, oh, 50 or so... haha.

on 7/1/2009 4:16:00 PM

I received Allure EDT for my birthday and I'm really loving it. The soft vanillic base is so sensual, and as others have noted, lasts and lasts. This smells expensive and classy, but not fussy or 'old lady'. No headaches here.

on 6/10/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have the EDP, and it lasts all day and all night. I wear this on my skin, and when I change out of my day clothes, they smell like it, too. As other reviewers have said, it sometimes induces a migraine for me and for my mother, but I don't always get a headache from it--just sometimes. Overall I absolutely love the scent and often find myself picking up the bottle just to sniff it, even when I'm wearing something else. I get compliments on it every time I wear it, and a little bit goes a long way (people can smell it on me with just one spritz).

on 6/1/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this only for going out in the evenings/nighttime. It gives me a sexy aroma, one that all my guys friends, including my BF, love. Every time I wear this, I always hear "Who smells llike sex?" I'm going to take that as a compliment and continue to wear this.

Popular Fragrances