October 25, 2014 | 1945 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A Chanel I actually like a lot! Very rich and perfumey, but warm and refined. Not stuffy at all. The scent seems to remain the same through out it's life, no top, middle or basenotes. That's a nice change. I do not detect any particular notes, which I usually can. It's more like, hmm this smells good. Very well blended. Please remember to only spray once, otherwise this is just too strong.

UPDATE: I cannot tell you how many intensely positive responses this scent gets from people as long as only a little is used. I have the small parfum version, which I just dab on lightly. Both the parfum and eau de parfum are more vanilla/warm based than the toilette, which is more citrus based.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't buy very many perfumes or wear many perfumes. I guess I'm very picky about scents and very few perfumes resonate with me. This perfume resonated with me. It is a bit strong at first spray--the top notes are strong. I love the smell of this perfume as it fades--the mid notes are heavenly to me. The lasting power of this perfume is really impressive. This is really unlike any other perfumes on the market--it really stands out as unique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh, this is really lovely & so, well, “alluring”! For me, the scent is the olfactory equivalent of a warm & cozy cashmere sweater, with the quiet, timeless & classic elegance of a luxurious strand of pearl necklace. I LOVE wearing this to bed as it’s definitely one of the most beautiful & comforting smells you can ever wake up to. To my nose, the EDT (which I have) is very, very similar in feel to Coco EDP (another Jacques Polge masterpiece) with the same soft, sensual citrus/floral/powdery character (I haven't smelled the EDP, which they say amps up the bourbon vanilla & downplays the citrus notes, so I'm unable to say how that one compares to Coco). Though I'm really looking forward to try the EDP & pure perfume next, I wouldn't buy the EDT again for two simple reasons: 1) I rarely buy the same perfume twice as I like experimenting with new ones; 2) I have the 100ml bottle (originally a birthday present from my younger sister to my mom about 4 months ago, but ended up being passed on to me as mom no longer wears perfumes these days) & even with the EDT, 1-2 sprays last on me the whole day. Add to that the fact that I have several other full size perfumes & never wear the same one more than 3 days in a row, so I imagine this bottle would probably last me till I'm, oh, 50 or so... haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mmlaser

I received Allure EDT for my birthday and I'm really loving it. The soft vanillic base is so sensual, and as others have noted, lasts and lasts. This smells expensive and classy, but not fussy or 'old lady'. No headaches here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the EDP, and it lasts all day and all night. I wear this on my skin, and when I change out of my day clothes, they smell like it, too. As other reviewers have said, it sometimes induces a migraine for me and for my mother, but I don't always get a headache from it--just sometimes. Overall I absolutely love the scent and often find myself picking up the bottle just to sniff it, even when I'm wearing something else. I get compliments on it every time I wear it, and a little bit goes a long way (people can smell it on me with just one spritz).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this only for going out in the evenings/nighttime. It gives me a sexy aroma, one that all my guys friends, including my BF, love. Every time I wear this, I always hear "Who smells llike sex?" I'm going to take that as a compliment and continue to wear this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Soft feminine, powdery frangrance with no headache and not offensive...love it..been wearing it for years

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by swaycease

Honestly, I've found that all Chanel fragrances I've tried make me smell like a grandma. A fashionable grandma, perhaps, but still. I thought Allure would be different. It's been marketed as a sensual and sexy perfume, elegant, and sophisticated. With only a slight spritz, I certainly don't feel sensual or sexy, though I do feel quite a bit older. It is a classic scent, but with my chemistry it does not work at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by danapop

My favourite perfume! A really lady's perfume, it becomes a light and fresh on me after some hours (it actually changes totally - that's so weird, I actually thought that it was somebody else's perfume, but I realized that it was my Allure). The lasting power is ok, but I wish it lasted longer - I don't generally find the Chanel perfumes very long lasting - at least on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice soapy clean fragrance that will make you feel like sexy lady. Great for the little black dress moments, not for summer time. I received this as a gift, whenever I wear it I feel like a sophisticated women. Its a serious fragrance, but a whimsical one.