MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

on 2/18/2010 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this lipstick without even swatching it.. Just because Makeupbyleinabaaaby on youtube seemed to love it and it looked very good on her. We have the same skincolor so i thought it would look good on me too.
I was hoping it would be my go to nude lippie, but it really washes me out and its a really unflattering and dull color in my opinion.

on 2/18/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

this color is ok but not a favorite. i love the texture/consistency/staying power of satins. i prefer faux to this, which is pinker, so when i run out, i will stick 2 that instead. i would describe it as a nude pinkish/brown & i can see it lookin like death on some people but with my skin tone i can pull this off as a nude. goes good with whirl l/l.

on 2/11/2010 1:17:00 PM

This was my first MAC lipstick and I was so excited when I saw how beautiful the color look when swatched on my hand. It was a cross between a nude, pink with mauve undertones--so I assumed it would be just the right NUDE-y natural shade I was looking for, perfect for everyday use, AND easy to play up.

I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG. While the color payoff IS intense, it ends up washing me out. For some reason, it looks completely different swatched, as it does on my lips. I have a medium, olive complexion, so it's a struggle to find a good natural looking nude. But I can't imagine this color would look flattering on ANY complexion, even people with fair skin.

Also, this formula, like most others have said, is incredibly drying.

I find that using rose salve, or gloss as a base and topcoat for this color is enough to mute the harsh greyness of it, but then totally distorsts the color which defeats the purpose of buying this lipstick, which I FOR SURE won't be doing again.

So disappointing.
But like most of you have pointed out, proceeds go to charity, so I'm glad my $14 wasn't a total waste.

I am currently in the process of DESPERATELY trying to use this all up.

on 1/29/2010 8:09:00 PM

I really like this color. Is just a perfect light color for those days you don't exactly want a neutral nude but a light color with a little light plummy tone.

on 1/5/2010 7:25:00 PM

Colour comes out ashy on my lips, I think it's the plum undertones, also it's too dark for me...I wish there was a lighter colour in the viva glam collection.

on 12/29/2009 11:30:00 PM

I understand how people can like this lipstick. As with most nude lipsticks, your skin tone and natural lip pigmintation are heavy factors in the undertones you pull from this color. I am an NW 25, and this looks grayish pink on me - mostly gray. I have not woren this much. On bad days I catch a glimpse of myself and think, "I can't believe I bought this." On my brave days, I wear it with nymphette or Viva Glam VI gloss and smoky eyes and try not to dwell on what I look like. It's just not a great shade on me.

on 12/25/2009 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Viva Glam II swatches looked lovely on my hand, a muted rosy pink. It does have some subtle shimmer, which isn't really noticeable. However, when I applied it to my lips, I looked too pale for my liking. Also, it's satin formula can be quite drying.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just doesn't work with my skintone--I'm a fair NW15 with pigmented lips. Just turns greyish brown on my lips. I'm using it up, slapping some gloss over it.

on 11/15/2009 3:19:00 AM

my first MAC lipstick ever.. nice pretty pinky nude color! when i do a smokey eye, i often use this color coz it complements my skin tone really well. my only complaint is that i don't really like the texture of this lipstick. it doesn't go on as smooth as i'd like it to be, and it's kind of drying. i find that if i use my MAC lip conditioner underneath, that takes away the dryness a bit. if i don't use a base like the lip conditioner or chapstick or whatever, my lips look really flaky and dry and eew. not attractive! i also find that it helps to put a gloss over it, so that it doesn't dry out.

overall, the color IS pretty, but the texture just turns me off. i don't know if it's coz it's a satin. MAC lipsticks in lustre finishes are sooo moist, i wish satins were the same! if MAC decides to do something about the texture of this particular product, then maybe i would repurchase it, but for now, i WOULD NOT.

on 11/9/2009 1:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have to admit that what swayed me to buy this was that the proceeds go to charity -- and a charity I'm fond of. It's a nice nude, good texture and excellent pigmentation. It's a fantastic base for glosses and that sort of thing. It's very MLBB on my fair complexion (I don't notice any greying that some others have mentioned). But that's my overall impression: it's ... nice. Not fab, fantastic, amazing or unique. Just nice.

But it also does nice things for others and therefore makes me happy.

Popular Lipsticks