Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

3.6

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a long time to realize how good this moisturizer really is. I stopped using it for a while because I thought it was breaking me out, but after weathering the initial (horrible) acne caused by the salicylic acid clearing out my skin (which lasted about 2 weeks) my skin's condition has improved dramatically. I noticed my skin is softer, less oily, and amazingly, the blackheads on my nose and cheeks are less noticeable!!
The texture of this moisturizer is pleasant - it's not greasy at all, and keeps the oil at bay longer than other moisturizers I use. I like the smell too, maybe it's the soy. The packaging is perfect - a pump which you can twist open and closed.
FYI: This is not the only salicylic product I'm using. I'm also using Almay's Clear Complexion foundation and concealer during the day. The foundation contains .5%, the concealer is 1%, and this moisturizer is .5%. So it's a pretty strong dose of SA and I think that's what's causing my skin to improve at such a rapid rate. But these 3 products (and Almay TLC powder) are keeping my skin looking matte and even.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for about 2 months now, twice a day, and I still haven't made a dent in the bottle, so I would not consider this all that expensive - it comes out to about $8 a month which is pretty average for a moisturizer. Like some other reviewers have mentioned, I have gotten whiteheads, but only on my right cheek and cheekbone which is kind of strange. I was in denial about this for a long while, but this has been the only new product in my regimen, so it was definitely the culprit. I still use in small quantities on the rest of my face, but I apply with a magnifying mirror, making sure not to cover the whiteheads that I am trying to evade or treat. I have not noticed a more even skin tone but the lotion has not caused me to break out otherwise. I agree that the smell is really strong and pretty unpleasant (in my opinion) though I do not find it lingers for that long - only about 30 minutes to an hour. It's not very moisturizing, particularly in the colder months, so I usually follow up with the Merlot grape seed moisturizer long after this lotion dries. I went on a hunt for this after reading the positive reviews on MUA: CVS and Walgreens do not carry it, but I was able to get the last one available at Target. I'm not sure I will repurchase, but this should last me at least 2 more months. I hope to find a lotion that is more moisturizing but one that will not cause whiteheads in the long run.

I have very sensitive skin; however, I have a mix of dry and oily skin. When purchasing this product, I thought it would clear breakouts from my oily areas and hydrate the dry areas. I have been using the product for about two months now... it completely dried out my face. The initial application leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth, but after the hydration wears off, the acne prevention starts to kick in.. and it kicks in a little too strongly. My skin literally flakes off it is so dry. Unless you have super oily skin, I would not get this product.

This stuff is awesome!

No dry skin, prevents breakouts like it says.

Only thing I encounter is after I apply even a little bit ... as time goes on my face tends to get more oily than usual.

But it still does it's job and moisturizes. :)

As some people have mentioned, it really made a mess on my cheeks with whiteheads and blackheads. Never head this problem before, only after using this product for three weeks or so. Also, the smell is very strong which really keeps on your face for the whole day which doesn’t seem natural. I liked the texture as it makes your face smooth and not oily, good under the make up, but I would not use it again because of the mess it did with whiteheads.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love this moisturizer! I love Aveenno products in general but this Clear Complexion Moisturizer is perfect for my skin. I don't have horrible acne, but am prone to some breakouts and this really helps keep them at bay and if i do happen to break out this clears them up quickly. Im always switching up my face products but when i stopped using this moisturizer i could notice a change in my skin so this is my everyday never change product. This bottle looks small but actually holds a good amount of product and will last a while.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so happy I have found this. The price point is in the middle, it was around $15 at Wal Mart, however it's worth every penny, and much less than a lot of prestige moisturizers. It's the perfect moisturizer for my oily, acne prone skin. I am glad I FINALLY found a moisturizer that doesn't break me out, doesn't make me greasy, and has helped clear up my skin.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am proud to say that I have finally found my HG moisturizer. FINALLY! I really love Aveeno products overall, so I was excited to try this product. After only a few days of use, two of my stubborn acne scars were noticeably lighter...and from then on I was hooked. My skin is 98% perfect and clear right now and the other 2% can easily be covered with some concealer. I will definitely repurchase this :)

The best face lotion I have ever tried! I use this with the matching foaming cleanser. My skin has never been so velvety and smooth!. Goes on skin nicely and absorbs well into skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

im using this product right now, and have been using it for the past few months. not great but its a solid "good". its a light, mild moisturizer - no frills. the ingredients arent harsh at all. my skin seems to really like this stuff because so far, ive had no bad reactions - only the occasional hormonal breakouts. its really calming for my skin and leaves it radiant after i smooth the moisturizer on.
HOWEVER... its not very moisturizing. my skin feels tight within 30 mins of application. if it wasnt for my oily skin, i would probably have flaky patches from the lack of moisture. i mightve bought this again, but the price ($14-$16) is definitely not worth it.