October 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by dncarolyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally tracked this down in Canada and was excited to try it. I have massive pores on my nose and I have always used Benefit's Porefessional to hide them. I was hoping that this would be a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately, not the case. It's clear so it doesn't really hide anything. It blurred pores slightly, but not nearly as well as Porefessional (which has colour). Wasn't impressed.

After a few months I decided to try it again since I am now using a BB cream that does a decent job at covering my pores. I figured Baby Skin would make everything smoother. I didn't notice a difference, except that it broke me out terribly.

Would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, its a no-no for oily skin girls!

I've watched several Youtubers raving about this product and I managed to test it out at Watsons. I really like how smooth it felt on my hand, literally felt like baby skin.

However, after trying out a few times on my face, its a disaster! It blurs out my pores amazingly well but did not hold up my make up for long and is terrible at controlling sebum.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by katenorman17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this for my birthday yesterday and tried it that day before going shopping in oxford street. I applied a tiny tiny amount to the back of my hand and transferred it to my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead. I then buffed it into my skin with a RealTechniques buffing brush. I noticed immediately that my skin looked and felt smoother and my pores ( I don't have large pores, but I don't have small ones) were significantly decreased. I waited for that to 'dry' or whatever while I blow dried my hair and then when I came to put my foundation on it was very smooth and easy and perfect. Here is the magical part: I was shopping in oxford street - always a sweaty, stressful, hassle and when I finished an looked in the mirror at the restaurant.... No shine, no grease, and my makeup was flawless apart from a small spot on my forehead. This made my foundation stay on all day and made my skin oil-free. My skin usually gets oily around 2/3 ish in the afternoon but it was perfect all day. Very impressed! Just put on a but today for a no makeup day and it makes my natural skin seem smooth and pore less. Definitely repurchasing! 4/5 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by themainerabies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing so much hype about this product on Youtube, I finally bought it from my drugstore and first off, I wasn't too happy about the price- £7.99 seemed a little too much.
I do have larger pores that are visible and I wanted a primer from the drugstore that could possible become my new fave. Heres what I think about this one:
PRO:
It does blur out your pores
CONS
very oily
diminishes some pores but magnifies others
difficult to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I kept seeing this in the grocery store over and over, and finally I decided to give it a shot, as I've been more interested in primers recently. I didn't buy it for the "pore erasing" purpose, as my pores are pretty much invisible under any foundation.
This is quite a heavy, silicone-feeling primer. A little definitely goes a long way. I smooth it over my entire face, as I have quite dry skin and this really does give my foundation a push and allows it to just glide over with no problems. Before I apply my foundation I let this sit, like a moisturizer, on my face for a few minutes, just to let it dry a bit and get the most out of it.
For around 6 bucks, it's worth a shot, in my book. I think the only con I've discovered so far is its heaviness, but once you put your foundation on, that feeling dissipates.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLucas98

As soon as I saw the Baby Face Pore Eraser in the store, I NEEDED it and I was not let down. I don't have any visible pores so I didn't buy it for that purpose. I thought it would be great as a primer and it certainly is! The product goes on smoothly and just a little goes a long way. Although I wouldn't recommend it on it's own because it looked oily, I definitely recommend to wear as a primer under foundation! My foundation went on so smoothly and looked smooth! As well, I noticed a really nice glow to my skin! I would definitely recommend it to someone as a primer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by kawaiidesu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first saw the commercial, I knew I wanted this because of what it promised and the absolutely adorable packaging! I have oily and acne prone skin with VERY large pores. Although I found that this doesn't work well as a corrector. I didn't see much of a difference in my large pores. HOWEVER, this product works very well as a skin primer. This didn't clog my pores and my skin was able to breathe even with bb cream, concealer, foundation and pressed powder on top of it. This product worked as a really good base for my makeup and allowed my makeup to glide smoothly on my skin. Although it doesn't say it controls oil, after applying pressed powder in the morning, I didn't have to reapply the powder until after 5 hours! Before using this product, I usually had to reapply after 3 hours. This is really cheap as a oil controlling skin primer. I will definitely repurchase! Check out my other reviews :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by rachelaughs

I saw this product and thought it looked fantastic, plus I've never had a problem with a Maybelline product before..... Boy, was I wrong.
I thought the cream would absorb more, but it just sits on top of your skin and is extremely sticky and just uncomfortable. If you want to put a foundation or bb cream over top, don't bother, it's pointless. It just rubs the pore eraser around your whole face, leaving the spot you actually want it in.... I definitely would NOT consider this a 'primer'. It does semi cover up pores, but if you try to put anything on top of it it rubs away and doesn't work.
I'm personally a glasses-wearer, and I put the cream on my nose, where my pores are particularly big. My glasses slide right off because the cream is so slippery and non absorbant.
Overall, this product is thick and goopy and doesn't absorb or really do anything of use whatsoever.... I definitely wouldn't recommend this to ANYONE, nor would I buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

everyone who says this product isn't a primer is wrong. the maybelline website has it under their primer category. the manufacturer, above anyone else, would know what the product is.

that said, this is a well-priced alternative to smashbox's classic primer. on the other hand, so is monistat anti-chafing cream. for me, they all work similarly in terms of wear time, effect and product feel. there isn't anything particularly "pore erasing" in maybelline's version when compared against smashbox or monistat, in my experience. both the smashbox and maybelline are slightly "looser" in texture and maybe the smashbox had a bit more slip, but that's about it. ultimately, maybelline's version works well enough, but because monistat provides more product for the price, I don't think i'd buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This is not a primer.. It's a pore eraser. Meaning you pat it lightly on your pores and it makes it like they don't exist. Primer can be applied on the rest of your face. If you use this as a primer your makeup with slide off. Only a teeny tiny amount is needed. I can understand people mistaking this for primer. It works well. I have oily skin so I can only use this sparingly. pat a tiny amount on my cheeks and pores pretty much disapper. Good for the price. I don't see myself running out any time soon

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No