October 1, 2014 | 1714 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product because I was lucky enough to find a perfect shade match. It was incredible. The gel slid on nicely and did an okay job with coverage (I prefer full and this provided medium at best.) Also, since this is a drugstore product and rather affordable I bought two darker shades for contouring.

I thought I had found a cheap, everyday alternative to my bare minerals that's more pricey and I could save it for nights out and special occasions.

Wrong.

This product broke me out. And I don't mean a small spot on my chin. I'm talking cystic masses on my cheeks and chin. It was awful. I've never had make up break me out like that before. Additionally, it didn't make my face matte at all. I was so excited to have a perfect shade that I looked past that and used a matte finishing veil to pick up this products promised slack.

I'm still using a dark mark remover (3 months later) to get rid of the post acne marks this gel stick left me with. If you are oily - don't fall for the same empty promise I did. And if you are prone to break outs run away. And run fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by SoMomplicated

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so here's my deal. I like the product. But not as a foundation. The coverage is honestly not that great. Yeah sure it's build-able but for the small amount you get in the stick. Not worth it. The shade selection is poor. But I'm a savvy person and was not about to waste it. So I started trying just using it as a concealer, etc. One day out of pure curiosity I applied it to my lids before shadow. BOOM! In love. Made a PERFECT & cheap eye lid primer. The consistency applied similar to Elf Eyelid Primer. This has now became my holy grail eyelid primer! Whaaaaat?!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by anb8989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I actually really like this foundation.
It goes on really smoothly. I was surprised by this because stick foundations that I've used in the past have been SUPER cakey and thick. This also blends really well (I use my fingers, but others have said foundation brushes work well, too).

I have combination/oily skin and it lasts throughout my 8 hour work day nicely when I set it with loose powder. I do get oily, but no makeup actually works that promises a shine-free face all day (in my opinion). It's sheer-medium coverage. I've read reviews from others who have said that they had a hard time finding a match to their skin's undertones. It turns out, this foundation matches my fair skin better than ANY other foundation I've ever tried.

My only concern is the price and how long the stick will last. I got it with a coupon for $7 at my local grocery store. If it lasts a month or so (with applications every day), then it would be worth the price. It just doesn't look like you get a lot in the stick....but only time will tell!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, Here's the Problem, A you have to do research to find your shade out you'all be there forever like me, :) B, It defines pores, It will cover but then BLOOP a million pores! C (MY DEALBREAKER) It lasts horrible, Two hours without primer tops!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Wanted a replacement for Clinique's City Stick which I've worn for years. This is so much cheaper and just as good. I wear 220 and it's similar in color to L'Oreal True Match W3 golden beige. I love how I can pop it into my purse, don't need a brush or sponge. Can touch up my concealer and spots throughout the day if need be.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

i love this it works great smooth and natural with good coverage!! and it does really seem to stop my shine more ten other stuff i always loved anything in the fit me line but only downside is they dont put alot of product i use it so fast the the 7 dollars i paid wasent even cheap cuz i havfta pay for another so fast but i do love it so i pay anyways:/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by drewsynicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I fist used it, I was like "OH MY GOD MY PORES".. but then I realized that if I use my Real Techniques foundation brush, it blends really nicely! I tend to have oily skin and I never have a problem with this product sliding off or wearing off throughout the day. The only problem I have with this product is that the colors are difficult to match.. I had to buy it in two different shades to match it properly. That being said, I also mix two power shades to set on top of the stick foundation. The sticks tend to be very extreme in their undertones; either very pink or extremely yellow... which is why I end up mixing and blending so many for my perfect shade.Overall a very good product I intend on buying again, the packaging is very easy to travel with which make it a staple in my makeup routine

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by FunNut

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I travel often and need makeup products in a stick or powder form. I also own a Shisheido stick foundation, but for the money this product is much better buy. The first time I used it I was disappointed, I thought it was much too sheer. I learned to just apply more for better coverage. This stick is very handy for quick application and I hope Maybelline keeps it in their foundation lineup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This has potential to be a great makeup but the shade and texture have let me down - this is so creamy yet turns almost too powdery and clings to every flaw on the face (a bit like dream mousse) and the shade looked great (porcelain 110) super pale and yellow toned but on the skin it turns pinky white and the red pigment is so prominent on me that where I swatched it has turned red long after the makeup has worn off. A no-go for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I used the Covergirl concealer stick, and liked it...but it left my face feeling a little extra oily, and I'd usually need some powder to touch-up nose/forehead/chin. I hated that fact, because I'm really not a fan of wearing makeup.

This one goes on very smooth, and it's super easy to blend into my skin. It's not shine-free like advertised, but it reduced shine a little.

Great for touch-ups, and covering up blemishes/redness. Also great if you're like me, too lazy to put much make up on. (Seriously, I just put on a touch of stick, then maybe some mascara. Then I'm out the door)