Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 11/4/2012 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This was my old review - This is for the old formula product. I like this cuticle cream. Love the scent of lemons. I had bought a tin some years back and it lasted a while. This was before BB got acquired by the giant c/o. Wouldn't buy the new formula cream.

Update - Well, i did buy a new tin. This cream is good for healing the skin around the nails and cuticles. I have a bad habit of peeling away skin around any nicks or cuts on my finger. This causes those areas to bleed and hurt. Using the cuticle cream results in a soothing effect on the cut areas. However I still like the older formula.

Of course, the cream is super expensive...Opening the tin can be exasperating and troublesome at times and that puts me from using the cream.

Maybe there is some technique in opening the lid.....

I've been using this for about three years, and I think it's a really good product-definitely a 'gateway drug' as far as cuticle care is concerned. I have a mini tin on my desk at work and a full size on the coffee table at home. A tin lasts a very long time.
I find the tin pretty easy to use and don't really have trouble getting the lid off. It also stays clean inside and survives in the junkgle of the handbag quite well. A lot of people don't like the smell, but it doesn't bother me at all.
I find myself experimenting with oils and other balms a lot more, but Burt's still has a place in my heart. It's thicker than most, so I use it overnight or if I know it will be a long time until I can moisturise my cuticles. I also use it to seal in lighter oils.

on 10/28/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For those of you who don't remember....this used to come in a jar with a screw on/off lid. It's true! I still have my jar to depot the product from the tin. The jar was a full ounce...wish they'd bring it back! I want to say that what comes in the tin may be a different consistency but as far as cuticle care, I love this! My cuticles are so ratty looking without it despite buying every product known to women...this has been the best. I use it every night and my cuticles look great! I do apply a few times a day as well after washing my hands. For winter, this is a must have but I will add this is the only Burt's Bees product I actually like.

on 10/9/2012 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The tin! It's so hard to open, even after the redesign. If you already have the cream on your fingers, look out. It's never coming open again.
Well, maybe it isn't that dire. The product its self is pretty good. It does not absorb as fast as oils though, so it's better for nighttime/bedtime use. If you are sensitive to smells, steer clear. After years of using this, the smell has gotten on my nerves.

on 9/27/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was a ritual nail biter since childhood, and now being 21 I have a reason to not bite them.

I'm not suggesting this will work for everyone to deter nail biting, but I found that by taking the time to take care of my nails that I didn't want to ruin them by biting them any longer.

I always had the bad cuticles and my nails were just overall gross... but now they're growing out nicely. My cuticles aren't frayed and my nails are shinier than they've ever been. They're actually so nice that I don't even want to polish them. It sort of looks like there is a 'clear coat' on yours nails after using this product from the very first day. After a while using them you actually feel your nail get smoother...

AWESOME product.

on 9/25/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my stand by cuticle treatment. I love the scent and it's super mositurizng! It is a thick balm that is kind of wax-like but turns liquid upon touching it. I feel like you get quite a bit of product for the price and it lasts me quite a while because you really don't need a whole lot. I use it every evening before bed and let it sink in my cuticles overnight. This is my second purchase and I will continue to buy it.

This is a winter must-have. The balm is thick and moisturizing. It keeps nails from cracking and cuticles from getting ragged. The lemon oil makes it smell absolutely amazing. It's a little sticky, since it's so thick, but I find that this is not a problem if you just dab a little on your nails and work it in. Or, I smooth it on my hands right before bed, which gets rid of chapping.

on 9/23/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

First and foremost, the scent is perfection for anyone who is obsessed with lemony desserts. Yum. This little tin of cream is a must-have that works superbly in moisturizing dry cuticles, though its texture is on the greasy side. I have chronically dry skin and I've used it to sooth my dry, cracked fingers as well.

on 9/19/2012 8:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for 2+ years and have gone through 3-4 of them. I absolutely love the consistency and smell of this and use it on a daily basis to soften and protect my cuticles. It is a bit greasy so be careful if you're in front of the computer lol.
It does a great job at keeping my cuticles conditioned and soft, especially during our harsh winters. I have one at home and one at work and use it whenever I think of it, usually 1-2 times per day.
I would repurchase again and again. The only thing I wish they would change is the press on lid, I wish it was a screw off cap instead.

on 9/5/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product!
The smell of lemon is refreshing and absolutley not sickening:-)
I use this on both lips and cuticles and it softens and moist perfectly.
The only negative side to this is that the tin is difficult to open sometimes.

I absomutley reccomend this baby!

Popular Treatments