October 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the twin Maybelline Brow and Liner pencils in "dark brown". It goes on smoothly and lightly -- just like how a brow pencil should. But I wish I had read the reviews here before I bought this because this brown color does not look natural at all! It has a bit of red in it and it looks very obvious that my brows are drawn in. I wish I could try the gray/charcoal color, but it has been discontinued. For now I'll just toss it into my makeup bag and use it as a small and portable eyeliner. I also don't like how these pencils are red because it makes it seem cheap, but that's only a minor con.
EDIT: These pencils in "Blonde" are a great dupe for the Shu Uemura Brow Pencil!! They have the same hard/dry texture and the color is not that far off! I think the Maybelline pencils tend to show up darker than the Shu Uemura, so just use a light hand and no one will know that your perfect brows are the product of a cheap drugstore item!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the Maybelline Expertwear Brow & Eyeliner, which does not seem to have its own category. It comes in a SINGLE stick, which does both eyes and eyebrows I guess. It is a good everyday eyeliner, however it smudges a bit towards the middle/end of the day. I have the velvet black, but even that is a natural looking color, which is what I like best about it. It doesn't look really harsh, suitable for everyday or dramatic looks. I just don't like the fact that it says that it lasts all day, but it does not. I have experimented showering with this, and VOILA, raccoon eyes! Haha, but it does not claim it is waterproof. Overall, it is an average eyeliner, probably a good brow pencil, but the staying power is minimal. Does it glide smoothly? I wouldn't say so. However, using a base or moisturizer also helps. But I've tried it with just lotion on my lids, and it barely shows! I was surprised...but i guess brow pencils are less harsh so it evens things out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's just a pencil. you shade in, or define. then you have defined brows for the rest of the day. simple as that! and the fact that i can pick it up at Wal-Mart or Walgreens is awesome. i spend enough money on make-up to be spending $18+ on eye brow stuff. I wish the brown was less warm and that they had something other than black. I have to be careful otherwise my brows look SUPAH fake.

EDIT: after sometime, I've realized that powder is better and using a matte dark brown shadow and an angled brush looks way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Coronado

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I know alot of folks on here tried this as a eyeliner and did not like it, but I'll break that barrier.

I have had a hard time trying to find a decent eyeliner for cheap. WNW's eyeliners ARE dirt cheap, but made in China? I just don't trust that.

I bought these little "Twins" for 3 bucks in Velvet black. At first it was hard to apply but after sharpening it, it went on very smoothly.

It lasts all day long, no smudges at all.

I reccomend that people give this brow/eyeliner another chance. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My brows are a bit sparse (thanks to overplucking in my teens) and have tried these pencils in all the brown shades. They all look way too unnatural on me. I have dark brown hair with a medium complexion (NC35) and all the brown shades made my brows look kinda orangey. So, initially, I was going to give this a bad rating. But then I started reading other reviews and noticed that some brunettes were actually buying the blonde shade. They're really cheap so I figured I'd give it a try too. The blonde shade is more of a neutral taupe so it kind of brightens my brows a bit in a good way. I can apply this heavy handed without the fear of looking like groucho marx and because I'm using alot of product, my brows don't fade. Sometimes I go over the pencil with a little bit of brown brow powder to darken my brows just a bit. It actually lasts the entire day! It looks good with or without the brow powder. So for all you brunettes out there, I'd give this a try in the blonde shade. Definitely don't recommend the brown shades unless you're more on the auburn side. Thanks MUA for this great tip!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HA! I'm glad I only paid 89 cents for this at target! It was in the clearance bin. I took a chance, bought this without looking at MUA first. And when I got home I checked the reviews and they were good...for an eyebrow pencil. So it says it can be used as eyeliner, but DON'T. Within 10 minutes it smudges, and in an hour it'll be gone, or dripped into the little creases below your eye (ick). Just warning you people, it's not the best when used as an eyeliner. But as for an eyebrow pencil, I dont know. My eyebrows are plenty thick so i wont be using that anymore...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mlyork

OH my favorite brow pencil color is going OFF the market! Charcoal. I have been living by that for the last 4 years and they discontinued the color! The dark brown looks nasty and this color is pretty much the only thing that looks natural. Guess I'll be going back to the ever-lasting search of finding a good brow pencil.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! HG! HG! I have been using this product for years and it's the best hands down pencil for my brows. Although I am naturally a brunette, I use this product in Blonde. It provides just enough color on my naturally light brows without overpowering my face or making me look harsh. The consistency is awesome - not too soft and it doesn't smudge - stays put all day. It looks natural. I have a panic attack if I'm missing this little red stick from my makeup bag... so cheap too. It's nice to know that you don't have to spend a fortune (at least not all the time) on a product that makes you feel beautiful every day. Maybe it's Maybelline... it definitely is!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG for me. This is way, the price is minimal and the quality is just the same as the high end brow pencils. Ive had my brows thick and thin and in between and always used these pencils and I always recieve compliments on my brows. This is easy to get for me, I can easily pick these pencils up at any drugstore or grocery store for that matter. I use Blonde and its the perfect not to warm or too cool taupe tone for my barely there brows. I prefer pencil to powder for brows so this is just right for me. I would not use then as eyeliner and have no idea why they suggest you do so. Also the bright red color on the outside of the pencil helsp me quickly identify it in my stash and make up bag, which is nice when you have as many products as I do. Anyway, cheap...high quality and readily available. The other brown pencil I do like is Revlon Brow Fantasy but the color match is not exact and you pay much more for less product. I've been using these pencils for 9 years and dont see that stopping any time soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by ryden_gorey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff could never work as a decent eyeliner.
It isn't horrible as a browfiller, but it tends to get a little faded and clumpy after a while. I've started using an angled brush and MAC eyesshadow for brow filling, which works better and takes forever to run out of.