November 26, 2014 | 1711 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by rachel89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently rediscovered this product in my makeup stash and decided to give it another try.

To give you a quick bio on me, I have pretty oily skin (so most brow pencils smear easily) and VERY sparse eyebrows. Without any type of product on, I have a very large gap between my eyebrows since the brows themselves are only 1" long each.

Anyways, I tried this product in Medium Brown and it works very well! I can pencil it on as heavily or lightly as I want, and the pencil format makes it easy to control application. Also, it's very easy to resharpen with a standard eyeliner sharpener.

The result is a pretty natural looking brow fill-in. I'm probly not the best spokesperson for this product since I'm using it to literally add another 1" onto my brows, but I've gotten many compliments on my eyebrows from people standing a foot away from me. The only one who CAN tell that I have something on them is my SO -- but that's from like an inch away, so it shouldn't count :)

Overall - great product, and you can't beat the price (I paid about $4 at Walmart, and it comes in a package of 2). I'm sure that there are even more natural looking brow enhancers out there, which is why this gets a 4, but for a drugstore price it can't be beat!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kgreene938

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for years, the original small wooden pencil in Blonde. It's a tad dark for me, but used sparingly I get a nice look, and that's my fault if I mess that up, not theirs. They last a good long time, and it's good they come in packs of two as I'm always losing mine! They're a good price for the quantity and quality, and I'll continue to repurchase (I need to stock up, in case they scrap it for something crappy, as they have a habit of doing over there!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by RinoaHeartilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have auburn or dark red hair the "dark brown", which is actually a deep reddish brown, is HG for sparse brows. I've been using it for over two years and keep going back to it. I recently got the "velvet black" as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 5:06:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using these in Medium Brown for years...I have red hair but this shade seems to work best for me, Auburn is too orange. Not only do you get two pencils for ultra cheap, but they last forever. Don't even try to use these as eyeliner- these are strictly a brows only product. I like a super arched, medium thickness, well defined brow (think 40s/50s Hollywood) and these little gems definetly do the trick. One lippie off because its annoying that they dont have a self sharpener.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the twin Maybelline Brow and Liner pencils in "dark brown". It goes on smoothly and lightly -- just like how a brow pencil should. But I wish I had read the reviews here before I bought this because this brown color does not look natural at all! It has a bit of red in it and it looks very obvious that my brows are drawn in. I wish I could try the gray/charcoal color, but it has been discontinued. For now I'll just toss it into my makeup bag and use it as a small and portable eyeliner. I also don't like how these pencils are red because it makes it seem cheap, but that's only a minor con.
EDIT: These pencils in "Blonde" are a great dupe for the Shu Uemura Brow Pencil!! They have the same hard/dry texture and the color is not that far off! I think the Maybelline pencils tend to show up darker than the Shu Uemura, so just use a light hand and no one will know that your perfect brows are the product of a cheap drugstore item!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the Maybelline Expertwear Brow & Eyeliner, which does not seem to have its own category. It comes in a SINGLE stick, which does both eyes and eyebrows I guess. It is a good everyday eyeliner, however it smudges a bit towards the middle/end of the day. I have the velvet black, but even that is a natural looking color, which is what I like best about it. It doesn't look really harsh, suitable for everyday or dramatic looks. I just don't like the fact that it says that it lasts all day, but it does not. I have experimented showering with this, and VOILA, raccoon eyes! Haha, but it does not claim it is waterproof. Overall, it is an average eyeliner, probably a good brow pencil, but the staying power is minimal. Does it glide smoothly? I wouldn't say so. However, using a base or moisturizer also helps. But I've tried it with just lotion on my lids, and it barely shows! I was surprised...but i guess brow pencils are less harsh so it evens things out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's just a pencil. you shade in, or define. then you have defined brows for the rest of the day. simple as that! and the fact that i can pick it up at Wal-Mart or Walgreens is awesome. i spend enough money on make-up to be spending $18+ on eye brow stuff. I wish the brown was less warm and that they had something other than black. I have to be careful otherwise my brows look SUPAH fake.

EDIT: after sometime, I've realized that powder is better and using a matte dark brown shadow and an angled brush looks way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Coronado

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I know alot of folks on here tried this as a eyeliner and did not like it, but I'll break that barrier.

I have had a hard time trying to find a decent eyeliner for cheap. WNW's eyeliners ARE dirt cheap, but made in China? I just don't trust that.

I bought these little "Twins" for 3 bucks in Velvet black. At first it was hard to apply but after sharpening it, it went on very smoothly.

It lasts all day long, no smudges at all.

I reccomend that people give this brow/eyeliner another chance. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My brows are a bit sparse (thanks to overplucking in my teens) and have tried these pencils in all the brown shades. They all look way too unnatural on me. I have dark brown hair with a medium complexion (NC35) and all the brown shades made my brows look kinda orangey. So, initially, I was going to give this a bad rating. But then I started reading other reviews and noticed that some brunettes were actually buying the blonde shade. They're really cheap so I figured I'd give it a try too. The blonde shade is more of a neutral taupe so it kind of brightens my brows a bit in a good way. I can apply this heavy handed without the fear of looking like groucho marx and because I'm using alot of product, my brows don't fade. Sometimes I go over the pencil with a little bit of brown brow powder to darken my brows just a bit. It actually lasts the entire day! It looks good with or without the brow powder. So for all you brunettes out there, I'd give this a try in the blonde shade. Definitely don't recommend the brown shades unless you're more on the auburn side. Thanks MUA for this great tip!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HA! I'm glad I only paid 89 cents for this at target! It was in the clearance bin. I took a chance, bought this without looking at MUA first. And when I got home I checked the reviews and they were good...for an eyebrow pencil. So it says it can be used as eyeliner, but DON'T. Within 10 minutes it smudges, and in an hour it'll be gone, or dripped into the little creases below your eye (ick). Just warning you people, it's not the best when used as an eyeliner. But as for an eyebrow pencil, I dont know. My eyebrows are plenty thick so i wont be using that anymore...