Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.4

on 1/31/2015 5:09:00 PM

Remember those toys you had as a kid with a bald mans face contained in a plastic frame and a ton of iron filings that you moved with a magnetic pen to make eyebrows, hair and a beard on the bald guy? Well I think that was the prototype to this mascara! When it arrived I loved the packaging and the little box, but the product failed to deliver. It's time consuming, the fibres fall off all day and you get better results with a good volumising mascara. Save your money

I had my eyes on this mascara for the longest time! I have about seven different mascaras in my Cosmo cube at all times (It's definetly my favorite makeup item) so when I heard all the hype about this mascara I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! I purchased it from a distributor off of eBay for only $18, as I am skeptical of paying full price for things that I order online before trying it out first. Am I glad I didn't spend the full amount!

The first time I used this mascara I was a little taken back by how thick the transparent gel was. I was expecting something a little bit more watered down. Since I ordered it on eBay I was nervous that maybe I got an old, dried out tube; but that was not the case. My friend, who sells this mascara, said that the gel is meant to be thick. After using the gel and the fibers (steps one and two) I did see a difference in the length of my lashes, however after using the last coat of the gel (the third step) I was not pleased with the results. I gave it a few tries and soon gave this mascara away to my sister.

Don't get me wrong, it does give a slight build on the lash length and volume, but it doesn't do anything that normal mascara and a lash curler can't do. Also, I noticed that throughout the day, the light fibers would fall on to my cheeks. Not cute. The tube also dried out alot and got clumpy in between uses. Nothing major, it goes away when soaked in hot water for a few seconds, but all in all, I would not buy this product again.

on 1/30/2015 1:38:00 PM

I am shocked that more people are not posting about lash fallout! I purchased this product from a Younique distributor, and friend. Not online. At first I thought this product was amazing, I already have long thick lashes but this product seemed to enhance them even more. Boy was I wrong! Yes- there is the problem with the fibers falling, or constantly smudging on the upper lids regardless of how careful I applied. But the REAL issue was what happened to my lashes after only two weeks of daily use! (I didn't notice the extreme fallout at first because I was constantly using the product, which his the underlying delemma)!
After two weeks, my lashes literally were near non-existent! Talk about a freak out!
I am mediately told my friend about what happened to my lashes, and she in turn told the distributor. I even sent photos of the before, during, and after.
At first they tried to tell me that they have never heard of this issue before, and maybe it was the product I was using to remove my make upů Which is the same product I have used for over 25 years!
They did however offer a refundů But to get my $35 back was more trouble than it was worth! I just counted it as a loss, and waited impatiently for my lashes to grow back! (I even considered getting false lashes for the interim, but decided against it- as I didn't want to create more lash damage/breakage). I strongly recommend you do NOT use this product- whatever it has in it is toxic to the lashes.... Period!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am in love with this product. I've tried so many different mascara products this takes the cake. I ws skeptic at first but now have even started selling it. Working in a hospital only so much we can accessorize with. This looks natural and no problems with fibers etc. key to remember is gel lashes gel
Their bb flawless stays on for my whole shift same with mascara. Love love love it

Youniqueproducts.com/loritozzi

If you bought from any place besides a Younique representative you likely got a fake. Be careful with that as you really don't know what's in it. Should never be clumps etc. also sometimes we get get duds it happens in production nothing is perfect I've always just emailed customer service they will mail new one out stat or refund depending on what you want. plus we have a love it guarantee if you are not happy simply return for refund that easy.

My mom bought me this mascara because we have a friend who sells younique products at her salon. I had seen the advertisements and was a skeptic, but I have to say it does work well. My lashes are super thin and this gives them that little extra something without the cumbersome application of falsies. That said, it is a good three extra steps and it's not something I use every day, but it's nice to have when I want a false lash look without looking like I put all the effort in to wear false lashes. I have had some problems with fallout of the fibers on my undereyes throughout the day, best advice is to make sure to use a light hand with the fibers so as not to put too much on. Otherwise, I would say it's a very helpful product to have

on 1/25/2015 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It gives lenght and volume like no other mascara I have ever tried. It is tricky to put on and when doing so I only focus on the tips of my lashes rather than pulling the wand through the base. I have had no problems with sensitivity and my eyes are really sensitive. The only downside is the price it is very expensive but I will buy again

on 1/21/2015 8:56:00 PM

I had higher expectations of this products, I didn't like it at all. Very disappointing. It left my lashes clumpy like I had swiped on a cheap mascara, and the little black fiber fuzzies got all over my face. Never again.

on 1/20/2015 10:46:00 PM

Ebay, Amazon and Craigslist are flooded with Fake Youniqe Mascara. Take a look at how to spot the FAKES! Knock-off products like sunglasses may be fine, but when your putting something in your eyes is way different. http://tinyurl.com/ps58ykf

At first try, I thought this mascara was a total clusterf*ck. It was a clumpy, spidery mess and my eyes felt as there were grains of sand in them. After a few more times using it, I have found it can work and give you really nice looking lashes. What works best for me is-
1. Curling lashes first
2. I always use waterproof mascara, but usually those makes your lashes hard. The best thing to use is a mascara that won't make your lashes hard. One I think works best is the Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom in Waterproof. Still waterproof, but lashes are soft.
3. Use the transplanting gel only on the tips, don't get it near lash line- then go in fast with the fibers before it dries.
4. When using the fibers- again, don't get close to the lash line- move the wand straight up- don't wiggle.
5.Use the transplanting gel again- don't wiggle- go straight up.
6. I will then use another coat of the Cover Girl Lash bloom. The wand makes it easy to separate the clumps and seal the fibers in even more. Plus using a waterproof formula makes the curl last all day.

on 1/14/2015 5:33:00 AM

I thought this product was overhyped, time consuming, and left my lashes ultra clumpy. To do the whole process AND use a pin or tweezers to remove all the clumps was not worth the time to me. I went back to Loreal Double Extend tubes mascara which makes my lashes ultra long with no clumpy mess. The 3D fibers do work better for volume but again, it's time consuming and I wound up putting this in the bottom of my make up trunk.

Video Reviews & Tutorials