July 25, 2014 | 1524 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

*!!!EDIT!!!* Well, I'm taking off 4 lippies because after using this for a couple weeks it made me break out. I found out that an ingredient it has in it (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) is really bad for your skin, because it's basically a detergent. I would recommend that if you have sensitive skin, or you want your skin to just be healthy, that you avoid products with this ingredient (or variations of it) I do, however, use this for a makeup brush shampoo, so I guess my bottle will last quite awhile. Also, I found this product to be really drying after awhile, probably due to the SLS. (Which that ingredient is found in shampoo, handsoap, laundry detergent, and toothpaste! Yuck!)
Try something more gentle. It's too bad. I really thought this was working, and I love the price and the smell.

***

I LOVE this stuff! I started using it after a horrible breakout, and my skin literally cleared up the next day. I have been using it for about a week or so, and my skin looks better than it has in years. I don't know why this stuff is so great, but it is! I love the smell, and it's good a removing makeup, like foundation. I have to go over my eyes a couple times to get off my eyeliner and mascara, but I'm not complaining! Try it! It's CHEAP! You can't lose! And the bottle is very travel friendly because it snaps shut! I LOVE IT!!!! HG facial cleanser! I hope they never quit making this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kz1203

ever since my facialist told me i had sensitive, dry skin, ive been searching for a cleanser that wouldnt make my face feel "tight" after washing, which essentially is your face telling you that the cleanser is a bit too drying for your skin type.
ive come to accept that ill get a bit of skin tightening with all cleansers, but this is by far, the gentlest, yet effective cleanser ive used. not to mention its super cheap!! dermatologists recommend things like cetaphil and purpose because they're gentle to use and wont irritate the skin. this cleanser is the bomb diggity, it removes my mineral makeup, though i have a harder time removing waterproof mascara, but that's a quick run with a qtip/cotton ball..

overall, GREAT product, SO happy i stumbled across it, doesnt break me out or cause me to be oily during the night or day, even in humid, sweaty summer weather

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Gratziella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is fabulous. This is made by the same manufacturer as Purpose Facial cleanser but has a different fragrance and is a couple of dollars cheaper AND you get 2 ounces more. A trick is to soak a wash cloth with very warm water and press up to your face for several seconds. This helps loosen the makeup. I then lather it up on my face once to break up the oil and makeup, a second time to get most of it off, and a third to really get it all off. I follow up with Neutrogena Alcohol free toner. There is not a trace of makeup on the cotton. For a last step I use Clinique's DDML. This has been perfect for me for years.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I always seem to have a bottle of this hanging around the bathroom. Every time I reintroduce into my skincare regime, my leftover acne scars turn red and I immediately develop new pimples all over my face. Something in this causes me a bad reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY HOLY GRAIL!!!
I had a coupon for this and I only paid $2.50 for it. How could you go wrong? This is the same ingredients as Purpose Gentle Cleanser, but you get 2 oz. more for $1.50-$2.00 less. I am getting used to the fragrance (which is very light), I'm just used to the way Purpose smells. That aside...This is a FABULOUS Cleanser! I find this to be a perfect cleanser for those seeking a "lathering" cleanser for your sensitive skin types. I like lather, most sensitive skin cleansers are creamy types that do not lather. I also find this cleanser to effectively remove make-up and not strip your face. I must tell you that I have currently started using Revlon Colorstay Active Light Foundation and this cleanser removes that as well. If you research online there are coupons out there as well, so give it a try! I always keep a back up in my bathroom. Love the value and what it does for my skin.

Update: I have just purchased my 4th bottle. Under $5, best drugstore purchase EVER!!!

EDIT: I switch between this and Purpose Gentle Cleanser (same formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by SUGAJAY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This was the absolute worst facial product that I have ever bought! Don't get me wrong, Clean and Clear has great products....alot that have actually worked for me but not this one. I do have super sensitive skin so i thought this product would be great. It was cheap, came in great packaging and wasn't too harsh on my skin. My face felt pretty good after using it but the next day when I woke up, my face broke out in red spots. I kinda freaked out. The following day the red spots all turned into pimples :( lol...i was so upset and surprised cuz this has never happened to me before when it comes to clean and clear products. I went to my doctor and he told me to stop using it immediately.
It may work well for sum ppl cuz everyone does have differnt skin. My suggestion wud b to test the product on a small area of ur skin before applying it to ur entire face. I shud hav known better lol

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by rara1154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ehh i tryed this and it didnt really work for me. I usually wash my face and then take a makeup wipe and wipe my face to get off all the rest of makeup the cleansers left. with this product after i washed my face and i wiped off my makeup i noticed a lot of dirt on the towel. it was light brown. it wasnt my foundation or conceler because i dont use foundation because my face isnt that red.and i am very light so my conceler is the lightest and this was a meduim brown (dirt colored) also i do not wear brown eyeshadow so i know it wasnt that. in conclusion i deffinitly wouldnt buy this again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by jenham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I do not consider my skin to be classified as sensitive, I bought this thinking that it would be a gentle cleanser that would be comfortable to use. It is gentle, but it does not do justice as a cleanser. I wear eyeliner (Wet and Wild gel liner and L'Oreal's Infallible eyeliner, which are both smudge resistant), and, unfortunately, the cleanser does not wash away the liners. I end up with raccoon eyes, and I have to use an additional makeup remover to rid the darkness around my eyes. Not only does the cleanser not thoroughly cleanse my face, but it also leaves my face tight and dry. Even though I always put on moisturizer afterward, I feel like my face would not survive whatsoever without immediately being moisturized.

Pros:
Gentle

Cons:
Does not completely remove makeup
Tightens and dries skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by txvegn

I was in the market for a new cleanser. I think I have tried just about everything. I've always had a problem with these tiny bumps around my cheek area. I don't think it's acne, but I'm not sure why it appears. Anyway, saw some reviews for this stuff online. Got it at Ulta with a coupon. This stuff is great! I gave it 4 stars cause it does leave my skin a bit dry afterwards. Other than that, it makes my skin clear and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser! I have extremely sensitive skin and Rosacea.

This takes off ALL my makeup, leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and not stripped or dry. I like the scent, too.