Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho Pg-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium Edta

on 7/20/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing! Removes all of my make-up and is super gentle. Absolutely no redness or irritation after I use this. I have acne prone/oily skin and this does a great job of cleaning off the excess oil without causing dryness. Nice light fragrance and the pump locks in place. Only downside for me is that it doesn't foam all that much. Highly recommend and am definitely buying this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser! It removes dirt, oil AND makeup so it does it all. Before I used the "Oil free" formula, but realized that it wasn't doing me any good on my sensitive skin since I had my daughter. So I found the new packaging for this and I, by mistake, bought the sensitive skin formula for only $3 and it works better than the other bottle that I had. It helps keep my skin clean and clear from blemishes and removes my makeup like a dream. I definitely recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin because it's amazing.

on 7/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this cleanser. I wanted something gentle that would still deep clean and had decided to try Purpose. Thanks to you smart people on Makeup Alley I learned that this product has identical ingredients and you get more for less money. It has an herbal/medicinal smell but I got used to it quickly. It doesn't produce crazy lather so if you need that to feel clean this product won't do it for you. It removes all of my makeup which is a huge plus and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. Just nice and clean. I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this cleanser. You can use it to remove eye makeup. I like the packaging as it has a pump. The price is good. I found it at Target. I do think that you should not use this unless you have normal to oily skin. It would be too drying for people with dry skin. It is a clear gel that lathers. It has a fragrance to it.

I use it, and rinse with a washcloth to remove dry skin. Then, I apply my BHA exfoliant. Last, I use benzoyl peroxide 2.5% lotion. I use a moisturizer around my eyes. I have always been acne-prone, but this regime helps my skin more than any other.

Update: I have found that I prefer Paula's Choice Clear cleanser over this one. The PC seems to sooth my skin more. This is still a good d/s cleanser. [I read that it is actually the exact same formulation as the Purpose cleanser, made by same company, too.]
I plan to repurchase this, but am not 100% certain that I will replace my Paula's Choice Normalizing Cleanser all together with it.

on 7/10/2010 12:26:00 AM

I was looking for a cleanser to replace my winter favourite [Cerave] and wanted something gentle that would be a bit more thorough for the summer months. This one has many qualities to recommend--the easy-to-use-in-the-shower pump dispenser, extremely affordable price, thorough cleansing abilities [non-waterproof eye makeup included!] and mild ingredients identical to it's more expensive, unscented cousin-- Purpose. The downside for me is in NYC it's difficult to find. I tried every drugstore with no luck--the only place I could find that carries it is Bed, Bath & Beyond. Also, on my dry/combination skin it's perfect for my t-zone but can leave the dryer skin under my eyes and on my cheek area feeling a bit tight--nothing that can't be remedied with a good eye cream and moisturizer. I'll definitely repurchase this for the warmer months when I want a more thorough cleansing and switch back to Cerave in the Fall/Winter.

on 7/3/2010 4:22:00 PM

More than a review, this is just a note to myself:

I used this once or twice, and my face never felt so dry after a face wash. It was incredibly tight, and I couldn't stand the smell. I could not continue using this even if I wanted to.

on 6/11/2010 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

*!!!EDIT!!!* Well, I'm taking off 4 lippies because after using this for a couple weeks it made me break out. I found out that an ingredient it has in it (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) is really bad for your skin, because it's basically a detergent. I would recommend that if you have sensitive skin, or you want your skin to just be healthy, that you avoid products with this ingredient (or variations of it) I do, however, use this for a makeup brush shampoo, so I guess my bottle will last quite awhile. Also, I found this product to be really drying after awhile, probably due to the SLS. (Which that ingredient is found in shampoo, handsoap, laundry detergent, and toothpaste! Yuck!)
Try something more gentle. It's too bad. I really thought this was working, and I love the price and the smell.

***

I LOVE this stuff! I started using it after a horrible breakout, and my skin literally cleared up the next day. I have been using it for about a week or so, and my skin looks better than it has in years. I don't know why this stuff is so great, but it is! I love the smell, and it's good a removing makeup, like foundation. I have to go over my eyes a couple times to get off my eyeliner and mascara, but I'm not complaining! Try it! It's CHEAP! You can't lose! And the bottle is very travel friendly because it snaps shut! I LOVE IT!!!! HG facial cleanser! I hope they never quit making this stuff!

on 6/4/2010 2:25:00 PM

ever since my facialist told me i had sensitive, dry skin, ive been searching for a cleanser that wouldnt make my face feel "tight" after washing, which essentially is your face telling you that the cleanser is a bit too drying for your skin type.
ive come to accept that ill get a bit of skin tightening with all cleansers, but this is by far, the gentlest, yet effective cleanser ive used. not to mention its super cheap!! dermatologists recommend things like cetaphil and purpose because they're gentle to use and wont irritate the skin. this cleanser is the bomb diggity, it removes my mineral makeup, though i have a harder time removing waterproof mascara, but that's a quick run with a qtip/cotton ball..

overall, GREAT product, SO happy i stumbled across it, doesnt break me out or cause me to be oily during the night or day, even in humid, sweaty summer weather

on 6/3/2010 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is fabulous. This is made by the same manufacturer as Purpose Facial cleanser but has a different fragrance and is a couple of dollars cheaper AND you get 2 ounces more. A trick is to soak a wash cloth with very warm water and press up to your face for several seconds. This helps loosen the makeup. I then lather it up on my face once to break up the oil and makeup, a second time to get most of it off, and a third to really get it all off. I follow up with Neutrogena Alcohol free toner. There is not a trace of makeup on the cotton. For a last step I use Clinique's DDML. This has been perfect for me for years.

on 5/29/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I always seem to have a bottle of this hanging around the bathroom. Every time I reintroduce into my skincare regime, my leftover acne scars turn red and I immediately develop new pimples all over my face. Something in this causes me a bad reaction.